PDA

View Full Version : Aeroforce--Great gauge for the SRT4

CSX321
10-28-2006, 09:44 PM
I got an Aeroforce Interceptor gauge a couple of months ago, and wow! is it slick. It fits in the stock pod, and installation is simply plugging it into the OBDII port; no other wiring. It shows a bunch of parameters, including intake air temp, timing advance, and degrees of timing retard due to knock.

It has 60-ft, 1/8-, and 1/4-mile performance calculation that is supposed to be fairly good (I haven't tried it yet), and it can record about 40 seconds of any two parameters and play them back later. It has two bright LEDs at the top that can be programmed as a shift light at any RPM you want.

They have a new Pro version that shows even more, including instantaneous and average mpg. I'm going to send mine in for the $30 firmware upgrade to Pro.

Here's a pic of mine in the stock pod:
http://webpages.charter.net/jdavidreynolds/images/scan_gauge.jpg

DodgeZ
10-28-2006, 10:37 PM
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/SRT4tech.html

I should have one next week to play with!

Keito
10-29-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm asking the wife for one for Christmas, and she drive past where they make them every day on her way to work.
good to hear some feedback on them.:thumb:

Clay
10-29-2006, 07:01 PM
that is pretty sweet!!!!! So what do you do about a boost gauge?

Kevin - is yours going to be scaled to read the 50+ psi of boost your running?!?!?!?! ;)

CSX321
10-29-2006, 07:34 PM
It can show boost. For daily driving I usually set it with boost on top and intake air temp on bottom. After I upgrade to Pro, I might change the normal bottom display to instantaneous mpg. The Pro version also shows ambient temp.

Oh! I forgot to mention... It also has two analog inputs, 0-5 volts. It can either show the raw voltage, or you can enter a slope and intercept and it will convert it to a value. So there would be no problem converting a MAP sensor value to a psi value.

One of these days I'm going to get an Innovative LC-1 and hook it to one of the analog inputs. You can get a new LC-1 for about $170 or so sometimes. It's been done already, so the slope and intercept values have been worked out to display A/F ratio.

DodgeZ
10-29-2006, 09:39 PM
It can show boost. For daily driving I usually set it with boost on top and intake air temp on bottom. After I upgrade to Pro, I might change the normal bottom display to instantaneous mpg. The Pro version also shows ambient temp.

Oh! I forgot to mention... It also has two analog inputs, 0-5 volts. It can either show the raw voltage, or you can enter a slope and intercept and it will convert it to a value. So there would be no problem converting a MAP sensor value to a psi value.

One of these days I'm going to get an Innovative LC-1 and hook it to one of the analog inputs. You can get a new LC-1 for about $170 or so sometimes. It's been done already, so the slope and intercept values have been worked out to display A/F ratio.

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/bosch-lsu42-5wire-wideband-replacement-sensor-p-125.html

CSX321
10-29-2006, 10:30 PM
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/bosch-lsu42-5wire-wideband-replacement-sensor-p-125.html

That's just the sensor, though. The sensor and controller is $199 on that site (which is list price).

DodgeZ
10-30-2006, 09:27 AM
That's just the sensor, though. The sensor and controller is $199 on that site (which is list price).

The sensor has to have a controller to work? I didn't know that. I thought it was like the old school o2's. Live and learn. What does the controller do?

CSX321
10-30-2006, 09:39 AM
The sensor has to have a controller to work? I didn't know that. I thought it was like the old school o2's. Live and learn. What does the controller do?

I'm not sure exactly, but every wideband I've seen has some kind of auxillary electronics with it before the gauge.

DodgeZ
10-30-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm not sure exactly, but every wideband I've seen has some kind of auxillary electronics with it before the gauge.

The wideband I have has a box but I thought it was for the datalogger, tps in, rpm in and one output. I didn't know it was controlling the sensor itself.

CSX321
10-30-2006, 10:30 AM
The wideband I have has a box but I thought it was for the datalogger, tps in, rpm in and one output. I didn't know it was controlling the sensor itself.

Okay, I just did some reading, and it looks like the main reason is that a wideband sensor's output is VERY sensitively dependent on its temperature. Part of what the controller does is control the heater. It might also adjust the output based on the temperature.

Dave
10-30-2006, 12:22 PM
This wont work for us old-school guys will it? I don't believe we even have an OBD1 input do we? Those were 91-95, eh?

CSX321
10-30-2006, 01:31 PM
This wont work for us old-school guys will it? I don't believe we even have an OBD1 input do we? Those were 91-95, eh?
No, although it does work with the PT Cruiser. The Aeroforce guys seem like a good bunch, and it might be worth talking to them. They are real close to you, in the Cleveland area, so you could look them up. (Sorry, I don't have an address.)

bill2
11-04-2006, 02:37 PM
I ended up with a "tech-gauge." The price was right :eyebrows: , when i was still in tucson i aligned the tech gauge owner's srt and he gave me a set. The tg is pretty basic compared to the aeroforce gauge, if i was paying i would have went with the aeroforce. I thought they had fixed vacuum displayed as "hg rather than -psi?

Otc makes a gauge for odb1 cars (all tm's have the connector) except it's not pod sized :D .

Dave
11-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Bill, I know a lot of folks have those O2C, or something named of the sort, scanners. Any idea how much those run?

:focus:...after I get an answer. :D

DodgeZ
11-05-2006, 02:50 AM
No, although it does work with the PT Cruiser. The Aeroforce guys seem like a good bunch, and it might be worth talking to them. They are real close to you, in the Cleveland area, so you could look them up. (Sorry, I don't have an address.)

Do you never see knock retard?

CSX321
11-05-2006, 03:07 AM
Do you never see knock retard?
I haven't so far. I wouldn't expect to, as I'm running Stage 2 all under computer control.