PDA

View Full Version : Question for paul.

slasky
01-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Paul.

I am going to pull my head off to swap in my s60 turbo. I am running a cometic gasket. Should I put in a shim to drop compression while I have the head off? Last time I had it out I noticed that your cal was still occasionally pulling a little timming at high rpms.

Thanks,

mrboost
01-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Only if you want to.

The pullback at high RPM may even be mechanical noise, I'd drop the distributor a couple degrees or put in some race gas to comfirm the pullback. If it is,the cal can be changed. I had intended on doing another cal for you to finish dialing in the coated pistons anyway, are you still going to try to make the Buckeye Dyno Day?

At any rate, don't put the shim in unless you actually want to drop the compression, because if it is real pullback I can change the cal to allow you to run qhat you already have.

Paul.

I am going to pull my head off to swap in my s60 turbo. I am running a cometic gasket. Should I put in a shim to drop compression while I have the head off? Last time I had it out I noticed that your cal was still occasionally pulling a little timming at high rpms.

Thanks,

slasky
01-16-2006, 11:27 PM
It looks like I will probably go to the buckeye dyno day.