PDA

View Full Version : 05 Neon ATX No Start

cordes
11-30-2019, 07:35 PM
My wife's 05 Neon wouldn't start tonight. It turns over just fine and I can hear the FP priming in a normal fashion. I only get a code 0522, which is not surprising since the low oil light will come on occasionally, but it goes out when you turn the car off and restart it.

Any ideas? I'm thinking spark?

jonnymopar
11-30-2019, 11:46 PM
See if you've got spark and see if your injectors are firing. If you don't have either, cam or crank sensor is next. For $25, I'd toss in a cam sensor. In the 13 years I had mine, I replaced the cam sensor twice.

cordes
12-01-2019, 12:45 AM
See if you've got spark and see if your injectors are firing. If you don't have either, cam or crank sensor is next. For $25, I'd toss in a cam sensor. In the 13 years I had mine, I replaced the cam sensor twice.

I've replaced my cam sensor a couple times now, but it's always thrown a code. I'll report back tomorrow after I check for spark and fuel at the injectors. The closest thing I could find to this so far on youtube ended up being the computer.

cordes
12-01-2019, 04:48 PM
Well, I'm happy that I have some age and experience under my belt today. I don't like to throw parts at things, but I replaced the coil in the car because the spark looked a little weak. The plugs had some fuel on them and it took quite a bit for the car to fire up after coil replacement. I had to go as low as the pedal would go while allowing for the car to fire up in order to blow the fuel off the plugs. The car has started twice on its own now and I'll be replacing the plugs in a few minutes. I'll report back with my findings.

The one thing I'm left wondering is why the car wouldn't throw a code for a misfire? I guess the coil just got weak enough to not even try to start out of nowhere? This is an odd one and I really hope it was the coil and not some other crazy electrical issue somewhere.