PDA

View Full Version : Procharger FMIC in a Shelby Z

Murphy
10-21-2006, 11:21 PM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/PICT0030.JPG

I plan to mount it with the 'in' on the lower passenger's side and 'out' on the upper drivers side. This gives me 1 tab on each side and 2 at the top. I was thinking about cutting out the core support, and put in 2 new ones that i would bolt the side tabs onto, and put another bar between them for the top 2 mounts.

I made this up in paint...... the red are the bars I plan to add

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/Procharger.JPG

comments? suggestion? pics?

BadAssPerformance
10-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Looks like a plan. Keep in mind that Shelby Z's have the brace that goes between the power headlamp motors that can be bolted to if need be.

Murphy
10-21-2006, 11:33 PM
i've never installed a FMIC so I really dont know where would be the best place to put it. I figure with that plan, I have alot of strength. I thought I would want to stay away from mouting it to the front facia as much as possible and aim for something mor solid......maybe im just over-worried about it falling out....

BadAssPerformance
10-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Good to be worried about that, mounting it solid is good!

I mounted my Spearco on the top to the headlight support bar and on the bottom to the front bumper.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you do not have a solid front motor mount that you will need flexible hump hoses if the I/C is mounted rigid and the motor is not.

Murphy
10-21-2006, 11:41 PM
yeah, hump hoses are deffinately on the list, solid mounts come later...even with solid mounts its good to have humps right? If it doesn't matter if i have humps or not with solid mounts, i might just get the solid mounts and use the normal couplers I have.

looking at it again....if i flip it over, putting the 2 tabs on the botttom i could mount some 90* brackets to the lower rad support

out to look at the car again hehe......