PDA

View Full Version : Which FSM?

omni_840
10-21-2006, 09:49 PM
I have a 86 GLH and am putting a CB into this winter and was wondering which FSM I should get? They aren't cheap and don't want to buy the wrong one.

Also whats the difference between the vehicle specific books (like spirit&Acclaim) and the 3 individual books(engine,electrical,wiring diagrams)?

Thanks

omni_840
10-23-2006, 08:21 PM
anyone?

I really could use some input

Thanks

mcsvt
10-23-2006, 08:53 PM
I would say it depends on what wiring you are going with. Wiring is usually the hardest part. If you stay with 86 wiring, then make sure you have an 86 electrical book. If you are changing the electronics then I would go with whatever year you use.

Some times you can find the individual books on ebay.

omni_840
10-23-2006, 10:40 PM
I would say it depends on what wiring you are going with. Wiring is usually the hardest part. If you stay with 86 wiring, then make sure you have an 86 electrical book. If you are changing the electronics then I would go with whatever year you use.

Some times you can find the individual books on ebay.

I mainly want the engine diagram book to assemble the engine

which one should I get?

Thanks

tryingbe
10-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Depend on what you're gonna use the FSM for.

mcsvt
10-23-2006, 11:00 PM
If you want diagrams for the motor then get one for the year of your engine. CB's started in 89 I believe, so any of the mechanical books around then. That is the year I have, let me know if you need anything out of it.

supercrackerbox
10-24-2006, 02:06 PM
As far as I know, the specs for clearances and such are still the same, common block or not. Either way, contact ShelbyMotorsports on this board, I've gotten great deals on my FSMs from him.

MiniMopar
10-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Collect them all!!! :D

You definately want the 86 wiring diagrams. Of the three books, I use that one the most...but that is just me. My Daytona has parts from many different vehicle years and I have FSMs now for most of them. They do come in handy for those subtle changes that you pull out your hair over.