PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Daytona electric window track

3Bar_Mopar
10-21-2006, 01:48 PM
I need to know where I can get replacement track that the electric window motor's teeth meshes with. Mine broke and now the window won't go up all the way.

gkcooper
10-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Anyplace that sells Help! products. Almost all the parts stores. I can do one in a Daytona in fifteen minutes or less.

JDAWG
10-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Yea auto parts, they are all the same, they are cut to length. Or if your dealer is open pn 4467214, god cant beleive I have that memorized, guess how many of those I have sold.

jre97
10-21-2006, 04:36 PM
If memory serves I think autozone sells the whole window regulator assembly and the motors.

tryingbe
10-21-2006, 10:45 PM
You don't need the whole windows regulator assembly if your motor turns fine. All you need is the track. Take the interior door panel off, unbolt the top of the rail. Unbolt plastic track from windows. Get all the old track stuff out by powering the motor backward/forward. Lube the new track, slip the track onto the metal rail, use power the motor backward, I believe, bolt the window back on the track and bolt the rail back on the door. Done.

Both of my windows track fail within 1 year of each other. Plastic gets old and harden. Doesn't help when the windows is so heavy too.

Lee'sdaytona
10-22-2006, 08:24 PM
you can buy yourself some time by cutting a piece of wood to proper length (guess work) and prop the window up for overnight or whatever. DON"T drive with it like that however, as it could slip and the window will shatter on its quick trip down the door track!! good luck, not a hard repair after you drill out all the rivits!
-Lee