PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Springs Dragway Sport Compact Day

Boosted Baron
10-21-2006, 05:22 AM
Myself, along with some of the other driver's that run in Beaver Springs Sport Compact classs on a Friday night are trying to put together a sport compact event for the 2007 season. So far it's going to be a drag/car show event. The track is located in central PA so it would be nice to have some TM guys there. It would be held in Sept/Oct of next year.

Quick 8- heads up

Bracket 1- 14.99 and quicker
Bracket 2- 15.00 and slower

What would you guys like to see in an event like this? I'm just looking for ideas. Hopefully my Lebaron will be done by then or I'll be there in my daily driver Neon like I've been racing for the last 2 year. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

cruiser chick01
10-22-2006, 01:37 AM
You should do other races for entertainment purposes and try to draw the day out longer. Like hotdog races or something!

Boosted Baron
10-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Welcome to the board. Yeah a hot dog race sounds like a good idea. For those of you not familiar with Beaver Springs, the Hot Dog race is something they do at some events to get the spectators involved. Here's how it goes. You find a passenger to ride shotgun and you're paired up against another car like a real race. Both of you stage your cars. Once the tree drops, you both jump out of the car, scarf down a hot dog, chug a soda, run to 60' throw the trash out, run to your car, and it's heads up to 1/8th mile. The tack is 1/4 though. I've never tried it, but it always looks like fun. My friend did it and he said by 3rd round it was horrible.