PDA

View Full Version : NO Welding Required for TU Exhaust Systems

Chris W
10-20-2006, 01:19 PM
We recently added 304 Stainless Steel clamps that allows our customers to install TU Exhaust systems without welding. We have been testing these clamps for over a year now with no problems at all. The entire exhaust system can be removed, adjusted or re-installed at any time allowing better access to other items which might normally be obstructed by the exhaust system. Check them out at the link below:

http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=264

8valves
10-20-2006, 07:38 PM
These things are awesome! I use two of them on my system, so my downpipe, mid section (to just above the axle), and the rear muffler section are all replaceable/removeable at any time with NO leaks!

I can even swap between a muffler or no muffler in a matter of minutes!

AM

show-off
10-20-2006, 07:51 PM
^^^Now thats a plug if I have ever seen one!! This would come in very handy...great idea/product Chris.

BadAssPerformance
10-20-2006, 07:57 PM
SS Band Clamps rule, great for "test pipes" :thumb:

Article here (http://www.badassperformance.com/mtech/testpipe.html)

http://www.badassperformance.com/mtech/dak_test_pipe/test_pipe_installed.jpg

Mopar_Nutz
10-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Also great high up on the downpipe so you can change headgaskets and pull motors without worrying about those swingvave bolts :D

Clay
10-20-2006, 11:04 PM
I love these clamps! Exactly what I plan to use on my new 3" exhaust!

8valves
10-20-2006, 11:32 PM
^^^Now thats a plug if I have ever seen one!! This would come in very handy...great idea/product Chris.

It would be more so had I gotten them from Chris. I did my exhaust setup on my car over 1.5 years ago so I had sourced the clamps from elsewhere... otherwise I definately would purchase from TU. I'd rather support them and our community than save a couple bucks here and there by buying from other places.

If everyone did this then you'd see a whole new world of TD dovelopment in my mind. Vendors would have far more capital to experiment and come up with brand new products... not just modified stock pieces.

AM

Chris W
10-21-2006, 12:01 AM
It would be more so had I gotten them from Chris. I did my exhaust setup on my car over 1.5 years ago so I had sourced the clamps from elsewhere... otherwise I definately would purchase from TU. I'd rather support them and our community than save a couple bucks here and there by buying from other places.

If everyone did this then you'd see a whole new world of TD dovelopment in my mind. Vendors would have far more capital to experiment and come up with brand new products... not just modified stock pieces.

AM

Well put Aaron. We do still try to bring new TD products to the market each year, but, without the support of the community there are alot less of them that actualy make it to production. We have plenty of ideas in the works but without the capital to complete the R&D they will never see the pages of our website. Now, that's a shame.:(

Chris-TU

MiniMopar
10-21-2006, 11:28 AM
I've used these clamps for many years and they work great. They are the most reusable types, though they do stretch after being retightened a few dozen times. They are fine as long as they are always put back into the same position. Also, the fasteners are not stainless and will get very rusty. You can go to the hardware store and get stainless bolts for them, but try to fine some with fine pitch threads so that you can get some good clamping force.

Frank
10-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Amen on that! Its like my BBQ grill.... stuff is stainless, but they dont use stainless screws or bolts... looks like arse!