PDA

View Full Version : There's still a few nice ones on the road

Turbodave
10-20-2006, 09:39 AM
I passed a mint looking 89 Shadow ES Turbo 4dr on the way to work today, nice shiny yellow paint (only year it was offered) and super clean. Just thought it was cool to see a nice turbo-mopar out running around, mostly all I see around here anymore are beat up turbo-lebarons or minivans. I'm guessing the person isn't on here, but if you have a nice yellow Shadow ES turbo and were rolling northbound on Milwaukee ave in Libertyville, IL this morning then here's a big :thumb: to you.

Subliminal
10-20-2006, 09:48 AM
Yeah, it's very rare that I see one around here, too. Mostly you see the dreaded orange on the taillights. Or they're just beat to hell.

I did see a nice Shelby Lancer rolling around about a year ago. It made me smile. :)

Frank
10-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Thats because you have bought all the nice ones!!!!

GLHS592
10-20-2006, 10:31 AM
I used to see a nice white 2 door Shadow ES turbo. It was very clean and well kept. It had the nicest set of crab wheels on it that I've ever seen. I could have bought the car if I had $2500 to spare.

A friend of mine had a very nice black '86 Turbo Z on his used car lot. It had just over 60k original miles. He bought it wholesale from the Chevy dealership across the street. The guy kept it in the garage for 18 years and then traded it for a Corvette. The paint was near perfect. The A/C blew cold and the leather interior was about an 9.5 on a 10 scale. Everything worked. It too had very nice wheels. The pizza wheels on it were in perfect condition. Not a scuff or a scratch. The only bad thing about the car was the color and the fact that it was a self shifter. He was asking $1500 for it. I could have bought the car for $900 and would have if he would have told me so before he sold the car. :(

Turbodave
10-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Thats because you have bought all the nice ones!!!!

Nah, I buy all the junk nobody else wants, it's been a long time since I brought home anything that even resembled a running car. I'm usually pretty stoked if I can find a car that moves under it's own power let alone looks good. Buying a nice looking, good running car would be like buying a model kit that somebody else put together already, what fun is that? :D

BIGBRUDDA
10-20-2006, 11:35 AM
A co-worker here had a 2dr 89 Shadow ES turbo/82k mi, auto,pumpers, sunroof, red strobe interior:thumb: Choice condition/ garage kept, original owner, special ordered it. I gave her my name & number. Told her when she was ready to sell to call.:thumb:
Last spring I talked to her again last spring. She had traded it in on a#$%@&^g FOCAS!!:banghead: The dealer gave her $500 for it.:confused: The Lot boys used it as a beater for a month then it was donated. :censored: They can't remember who to!:faint:
Her office temperature is now "erratic":evil:

Subliminal
10-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I have a coworker who did the same thing with his elderly mom's lebaron vert. Really pissed me off, actually.

Turbodave
10-20-2006, 12:09 PM
I used to work with a guy that drove a mint black 87 Shadow ES turbo 4dr, he had an MP computer in it and Dodge Demon stickers on the front fenders. I wasn't really into the cars back then so I didn't pay it much interest.

Since I've been into these cars I haven't worked with anyone that had a nice one. Closest I came to that was a co-worker that used to own a 90 VNT Shadow ES that she ordered new. She drove the car for over 200k miles and used to tell me how much she missed the car, my 89 Shadow reminded her of it. I got to hear lots of neat stories about the car.

MiniMopar
10-20-2006, 07:11 PM
I saw a really nice 89 Shelby Z the other day on the Rt.53 expressway....red over silver. I remember thinking the same thing. You just don't see nice ones running around anymore. When I was in college, I saw more Shadow Americas running around college towns than I have ever seen in my life. They were not having easy lives, but I do recall the old comercials where they were selling for 9,999.95. They must have been popular with poor college students. Now all you ever see are Civics.

blackart
12-05-2006, 08:56 PM
you guys think that is bad you should know that i live in nampa idaho and i have seen, becouse i have a lack of money,a large amount of turbo dodges go to the crusher like a 87 ghls purfect condition TO THE CRUSHER BECOUSE HE DID NOT GET IT SOLD IN LIKE 2 WEEKS i go to the crusher and see turbo mini vans galore getting crushed and even worse they are soo rare around here but 2 turbo laboarons where in the crusher yesterday one a ragtop bad ragtop but good interior figure that out but we gotta do somting to keep these things on the road right???

roachjuice
12-05-2006, 09:18 PM
i'm saving one from the salvage.... :eyebrows: can't wait to get it....

Birddog
12-05-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm keeping VERY close to one of our customers, He has a red/silver 87 Tona in immaculate condition that he bought new. It sleeps from sept to may!

Somewhere by us there's a Brown GTS or Lancer turbo that's pretty sweet too. Had a kid driving it, he did a hard double take when he saw the Omni too(Yeah it felt good!)......

The yards suck around here for turbo cars, it's hit or miss at the pick n pull, and the other yards near me KILL you on price if they sense that you need the part....

Dodge Aries K
12-06-2006, 08:14 AM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e92/teamaenoy/Pretty%20Sammy%20the%20Acclaim/S5000038.jpg

Nicest lookin 89 Acclaim I've ever seen on the roads still. :)

Domino
12-06-2006, 09:51 AM
The yards suck around here for turbo cars, it's hit or miss at the pick n pull, and the other yards near me KILL you on price if they sense that you need the part....

yeah, the yards are bad for turbo cars here too. i find a few 87+ lebaron gtc verts that i can scavenge parts from....but K body verts, like mine, are not to be found running or not. :(

WickedShelby88
12-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Im about to save a red 86 C/S from the yard fate. Rare car loaded with a stick and t-tops. Even has the digi dash and louvers. Wont say how much but I only have to go an hour and a half to get it and it runs. The guy was saying if someone didnt take it he was going to call the JY and they would come get it. Thats a shame because once they get it its almost a loss cause to save without doing some unmentionables.

Devsdaytona
12-13-2006, 06:54 PM
I saw a mint 1 gen Turbo Z the other day at the gas station, with an older woman filling it up and guess what she was putting in it, 94 octane, oh yeah!

Second time I saw it, hopefully I'll see it again and go approach her and give her a compilment.

WickedShelby88
12-16-2006, 11:17 PM
Excellent sighting Dev. My friend here in the area has a like new 86 Laser XT from cali. and I just picked that nearly rust free 86 up. It was a florida car. Im sure there are more out there Dave. The more of em I see the more I realize there are still plenty of people out there that like these cars.

ottawa rogue
12-19-2006, 08:31 PM
yeah, the yards are bad for turbo cars here too. i find a few 87+ lebaron gtc verts that i can scavenge parts from....but K body verts, like mine, are not to be found running or not. :(

i know where there's one in the KC area, but that probably don't help ya any:D

got the driver's window out of it for my '86 K-Baron

2.216VTurbo
12-20-2006, 12:35 AM
I passed a mint looking 89 Shadow ES Turbo 4dr on the way to work today, nice shiny yellow paint (only year it was offered) and super clean. Just thought it was cool to see a nice turbo-mopar out running around, mostly all I see around here anymore are beat up turbo-lebarons or minivans. I'm guessing the person isn't on here, but if you have a nice yellow Shadow ES turbo and were rolling northbound on Milwaukee ave in Libertyville, IL this morning then here's a big :thumb: to you.

I'd swear on a stack that back in the day, I saw a Yellow Shadow VNT which of course would make it a '90. Are you sure the only year offered in that canary color was 89? The car in question lived in the low budget apartments behind the surgery center I worked at from 91-92 so I'd see it all the time. Admittedly, my TD knowledge back then was pretty limited compared to how much we have at our fingertips these days...

Devsdaytona
12-26-2006, 08:44 PM
I finally saw an ES 5-speed van that wasn't in the j/y, not bad shape too.

Domino
12-27-2006, 12:46 AM
i know where there's one in the KC area, but that probably don't help ya any:D

got the driver's window out of it for my '86 K-Baron

i'm just having a time finding a driver side rear quarter glass for my 86 k-baron. i ended up making one out of lexan this past weekend.