PDA

View Full Version : What's my potential??

3Bar_Mopar
10-19-2006, 01:44 AM
Just being bored and thought I'd askwhat I could possibly take or run with my current set-up.

OK, mods on my 1990 Daytona T1 auto:
1. Gutted interior...bare metal doors and roof, no rear seats or carpet behind the front seats...no speakers even.

2. 90 T1 2.5 with no balance shafts, '88 roller cam, copper shim, a/c delete, 180 degree tstat, open downpipe, Enforcer 1 Garrett with ported compressor housing and larger wheel, stainless lines, BR6es plugs, 10 PSI boost on fresh rebuild, new stock Mahles and Sealed Power rings, Mobil 0w40 synth oil, VNT stock IC/Rad combo, soft feeling auto trans.

I think the trans is whats killing me....I think if I had a manual or at least the trans from my van it would haul so much more balls. This one is the stock trans and it just feels tired. It feels like too much power is being lost in the converter.... It hangs on shifts and shift way too soft...plus it's whined at about 30mph for as long as I've owned the car. The van with pretty much the same setup, besides the Rad/IC and removed balance shafts seemed to be a lot quicker because the tranny shifted so much better and harder. I may swap it before it gets too cold out.

Any ideas??:D

BARRON
10-19-2006, 07:01 AM
So you got lucky and have a 2.5 that DOSENT shake with the CB shafts out? I wish my van was so! Bad factory balance on that puppy!

I suspect that the motor itslf right now is putting out 175Hp and around 220-230 ftlbs of torque. I may be a little low on the HP # ..but given the old idea that on a stockish motor that you gain 7hp for every psi over factory boost I should be close.

But.. whats your potential? I'd make sure the fuel system is up to snuff.. get a different trans and go to 18psi, 3-bar map and cal with +40's and I think with those mahle pistons you'd find that its all you'd get considering its a good tune.

This would give you about 230hp and the torque would probably be closing in on 300ft/lbs..really hard!

3Bar_Mopar
10-19-2006, 01:38 PM
My plans and next big priority for this thing besides the trans, is going to be a wideband, +20%s and alchohol injection. I plan on heaving 20+ PSI with that set-up.

After that I'm probably going with a 3" swing valve and downpipe.

turbovanmanČ
10-19-2006, 01:53 PM
16's in the 1/4, maybe high 15's if you get good 60ft times.

10 psi on a shimmed Swirl head will be very soft, :(

3Bar_Mopar
10-19-2006, 03:04 PM
16's in the 1/4, maybe high 15's if you get good 60ft times.

10 psi on a shimmed Swirl head will be very soft, :(

What do I need to make it not soft??

BARRON
10-19-2006, 03:17 PM
...a stock head gasket..... no shim..

turbovanmanČ
10-19-2006, 05:31 PM
...a stock head gasket..... no shim..

:nod: