PDA

View Full Version : Track extensions welded in.

bigbarneycars
07-23-2018, 09:29 AM
Anyone ever try this to get more travel for more leg room? I'm playing with a GT Scamp and I have '02 Stratus buckets installed but it's pretty close up front at full travel to the rear. I've got the room between the seats and the package tray to extend the tracks buy? anybody???? Any comments, thoughts, ideas? Jer

ajakeski
07-23-2018, 11:40 AM
I did that in all of my L bodies. Extended the front of the track 4 inches and moved the rear mount forward 4 inches.

bigbarneycars
10-24-2018, 12:55 PM
As I mentioned above Ajakeski. I'm trying to go the other direction. I also installed an '88 digital LeBaron dash and tilt column from the same donor leBaron. I'm just trying to get farther away from the wheel. Guess I'll just have to invest in another set of Stratus seat tracks and break out the Mig?

ajakeski
10-24-2018, 01:54 PM
My modification moved the seat further back, away from the wheel, not closer.
You make the front of the track longer and move the rear mount forward. That way the bottom of the track bolts to the floor as original and the seat bolts to the top of the track as original. Only now the seat is four inches further back from the dash.

- - - Updated - - -

My modification moved the seat further back, away from the wheel, not closer.
You make the front of the track longer and move the rear mount forward. That way the bottom of the track bolts to the floor as original and the seat bolts to the top of the track as original. Only now the seat is four inches further back from the dash.

2.216VTurbo
10-24-2018, 04:56 PM
Lol Barney, you must never have met Andy, he's like 6' 5"

bigbarneycars
10-24-2018, 05:33 PM
LOL. I don't wanna arm wrestle him and damn sure don't wanna AHH NEVER MIND. I just don't feel comfortable with both arms laced thru' that tilt wheel like the hot shoes do in NASCAR and theirz ah whole lotta room from the back of the chair to the package shelf az you well know.Thanks for the warning tho' AJ. How you doin' my friend? We haven't spake in ah while. Thingz goin' well in your life out there on the shaky side I hope? Jer

johnl
10-24-2018, 05:35 PM
Lower em too.

ajakeski
10-25-2018, 09:33 PM
Two door L Body seat track modification photos. Modified track vs. unmodified.

Do so at your own risk.

minigts
10-26-2018, 08:46 AM
That's pretty cool. Lower seats would be nice when racing with a helmet on.

ajakeski
10-26-2018, 09:20 AM
2 door L body tracks are as short as they get. When installed the track is sitting on the carpet. The only way to go lower would be a custom seat or do some floor modifications.

4 door seat tracks are taller, so swapping for 2 door tracks makes some head room.

minigts
10-26-2018, 09:25 AM
2 door L body tracks are as short as they get. When installed the track is sitting on the carpet. The only way to go lower would be a custom seat or do some floor modifications.

4 door seat tracks are taller, so swapping for 2 door tracks makes some head room.

Good point. :thumb: