PDA

View Full Version : Car is still not right/low boost

guyd_15
10-18-2006, 04:25 PM
I'm having trouble getting the car set up, so I took out the custom cal, +40's and 3 bar map sensor. crank the g-valve in and I get 10 lbs boost, crank it all the way in still 10 lbs (It feels like 6 or 7). Put in a stiffer spring, same thing. No codes either.

I've pressurized from the compressor inlet to the throttle body to 30 psi, no leaks. Timing is right on. Car drives great but low boost.

What else can I check? We want to be ready for Cecil!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Guy

mcsvt
10-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Guy,
Have you tried with the WG disconnected? Hom much boost do you get then?

cordes
10-18-2006, 10:27 PM
It has pretty much got to be a WG issue if the system pressure checks OK. The timing could be way off, but most likly the WG.

mo' parts
10-21-2006, 11:20 AM
definitely sound like a wastegate issue. im having sort of the same prob, i cant muster more than 15 lbs. ive even shortened the w.g. arm.. i have noticed when i apply air to the wastegate, the whole body moves, as if the bolts are loose, but they arent.
definitely try unhooking the line and go from there.

guyd_15
10-22-2006, 05:20 AM
I spent a couple (?) hours on the car yesterday and found the flapper in the swingvalve was hitting the side of the swingvalve housing (I had to tap it with a hammer to get it to return to the closed position). I ground a relief for the flapper, took the car out for a ride. It will now hit overboost on the stock calibration. Later today I'll put in the +40's, 3 bar map and new cal and see how it runs.
Guy

mcsvt
10-22-2006, 11:41 AM
Good to hear Guy :thumb: