PDA

View Full Version : Pick and pull items.

firehawk618
03-26-2018, 07:00 PM
Made a trip to pick and pull today to see what they had for Caravan stuff. Found a few pieces I needed as well as some other things I found interesting.

1983 LeBaron Wagon. Had the 2.6 in it.

Had the trip computer buttons on the dash in a row + some sort of display in the cluster. Looks like the other display that would go by the radio is gone though. Snagged the "computer controlled" emblem off it lol. Had to have it.

Found a 2nd row seat ash tray. Long gone in my van and I can see why with those wimpy fasteners holding it on.

Thought the cursive writing on the HVAC in this Caravan Ram van interesting. 1988 model. Thinking about going and getting it.

firehawk618
03-26-2018, 07:07 PM
Oh forgot this gem lol..

cordes
03-26-2018, 07:10 PM
I can only imagine all the work it took to drive those 7 and 14 segment displays back in the day.

firehawk618
03-26-2018, 08:25 PM
I can only imagine all the work it took to drive those 7 and 14 segment displays back in the day.
Yes indeed. Just a mountain of chips and components I bet.

If the main display wasn't already gone I'd have pulled it all and offered it to someone looking to retrofit.

raccoon
03-27-2018, 02:36 AM
I donno, I bet its just one custom IC, a stupid small ROM chip and a hand full of resistors.

Electronics of the early 80s seem serviceable, Just how the components are attached to one another, no BGA array or other fragile things you're eyes cant see. Just big fat traces soldered by human hands.

cordes
03-27-2018, 09:03 AM
I donno, I bet its just one custom IC, a stupid small ROM chip and a hand full of resistors.

Electronics of the early 80s seem serviceable, Just how the components are attached to one another, no BGA array or other fragile things you're eyes cant see. Just big fat traces soldered by human hands.

There's quite a bit going on just in the 12 button travelers. It's not super complex stuff, but there's a lot to them none the less.