PDA

View Full Version : Daytona heater box

supercrackerbox
02-22-2018, 10:19 PM
Does anyone know whether the heater/AC/fan box from a '91 Daytona will fit an '86-'89 car?

Reaper1
02-23-2018, 02:43 PM
I would say that is should fit an '87-'89 car. I am pretty sure the boxes are the same '86-back, but without provisions for the electronic climate control.

supercrackerbox
02-24-2018, 12:33 PM
Well, to clarify, it would be going into an '86 car with an '88 dash and most likely '89 wiring. The car has already been dubbed Frankencar.

Reaper1
02-26-2018, 03:27 PM
I *think* the mounting is in the same places. I know for sure that the earlier box is a different part number than the later box, but I think that's because of the provisions for the digital climate control (it's basically a stand-alone system).

supercrackerbox
02-26-2018, 11:47 PM
Well I went ahead and pulled the complete dash, HVAC box, heater controls, and all the dash and engine wiring from the junkyard car, so I should be able to make it all work easily enough. I may go back one more time and get the rest of the wiring from the doors back and should have everything I need to piece the '86 back together.

For what I've spent at the junkyard the last two weeks, I could have easily bought a complete parts car. But the only other Shelby Daytona I've seen in my area for the last several years is the one I'm daily driving.