PDA

View Full Version : Need help

neon9
02-22-2018, 04:31 PM
I just bought an SRT4 caliber and if you get on it easy it does good but when you're on it hard then the boost gauge jumps to 20 psi and it cuts in and out so I think it's overboosting what could be the problem? What would it take to fix it?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Aries_Turbo
02-22-2018, 10:04 PM
going over the vacuum harness and solenoids to make sure they are hooked up correctly for ECU controller boost.

also hook low air pressure up to the wastegate actuator and see what pressure it takes to get the wastegate actuator to open the wastegate.

Brian

supercrackerbox
02-22-2018, 10:13 PM
That's where I'd start.

bradp
02-24-2018, 12:13 PM
You need to pull the spark plugs and check gap. I always have to gap my plugs on my CSRT4 at .025-.028 or it blows the spark out

iTurbo
03-02-2018, 04:03 PM
I'd try to find out for sure if it's a stock cal or Mopar Performance S1 or something else first. Also check if a previous owner did a solenoid delete or something stupid like that. I have the Mopar Performance Stage 1 cal on mine and hits 16 psi and stays solid. Well.....with the traction control button turned off anyway. It's fun but it spins hard through 2nd gear and a bit of 3rd. Someday I will get around to modding this car....I have a tub full of aftermarket performance parts I've nearly forgotten I had!