PDA

View Full Version : l- body heater valve

mo' parts
10-17-2006, 07:32 AM
title says it all, mine was cracked during engine bay makeover. cold weather is here and not looking to park the car yet:)

jaysshelby
10-17-2006, 08:01 AM
I might have one. will check and let you know.

mo' parts
10-17-2006, 05:55 PM
thank you sir. much appreciated:)

MiniMopar
10-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Is it different from the other models' heater bypass valves? They are like twelve bucks at Autostoned.

cordes
10-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Is it different from the other models' heater bypass valves? They are like twelve bucks at Autostoned.

They are remarkably similar, but I can't say %100 that they are the same.

mo' parts
10-18-2006, 08:26 AM
thanks, ill take my old one in to the parts store and see if they can match me up.
most other models are mounted below the battery tray, mine was right by the brake booster. i just assumed they were different. thanks for the replies, ill let ya know if it works out. i just figured it was a dealer part.

MiniMopar
10-18-2006, 12:06 PM
thanks, ill take my old one in to the parts store and see if they can match me up.
most other models are mounted below the battery tray, mine was right by the brake booster. i just assumed they were different. thanks for the replies, ill let ya know if it works out. i just figured it was a dealer part.

Cars with a blow-through intake had it mounted under the tray. The early T1s had it just behind the air cleaner bracket, next to the booster. The only difference between the two is the angle at which the top hose connection is glued on. The early one is straight ahead, parallel to the one below it. The later one has that one turned almost 90 degrees to face the head where the water supply comes from.

Ask for a 1987 or earlier Turbo I application...like a 1986 Daytona Turbo.