PDA

View Full Version : Blueberry Fault Codes

Anonymous_User
10-16-2006, 09:00 PM
I am getting a CEL at higher RPM. It's not a flash, so I don't think it is knock. It goes away as soon as I leave WOT. I try to pull the codes and I don't get anything comprehendible. Last week I got 15 and 5. I assume this is SDS and end of list. SDS is not connected, so that makes sense.

Tody, though, I get 45. Nothing else, just 45. I am not seeing over 20 psi, and overboost is $aa on a 3-bar, which should be 29. I'm not getting 55, end of list.

Any ideas?

I believe I heard once that the fast flash fault codes were not reliable. Is there a way to go back to the regular flash speed?

cordes
10-16-2006, 09:53 PM
I am unsure as to the problems with the flashing of the codes, but I would probably keep the boost down until you figure it out. Unless of course you are running a WBO2 and an egt gauge, then that would help to narrow down the problem.

Anonymous_User
10-17-2006, 07:59 AM
No WB. A/F shows full rich and EGT's stay at 1300.

MiniMopar
10-17-2006, 09:36 AM
You know, I've been going over the shutdown routine again and it looks to me like it will store a 45 if you hit one of the rev limits. Which one you hit depends on several conditions.

You say you set your OB constant. Well there are like 4 of them. There is also the boost goal tables. Try bumping you boost goal tables up to 29 as well, as I think it might be considering this a wastegate problem. I still don't quite understand that little routine.

Anonymous_User
10-17-2006, 03:57 PM
I suppose I may have went over the BoostGoalCold (or similar) but, why would it allow that since the computer controls the boost?

Who runs blueberry and has seen CEL on Knock? Can you describe the flash? I don't think I've seen it. Maybe I'll drop the fuel pressure and force knock so I at least know what I'm looking for.

MiniMopar
10-17-2006, 04:22 PM
It comes on for as long as any of the 4 cylinder retard values is non-zero. Advance is added back incrementally, so it stays on during that time.

I see it come on and sometimes stay on if I stay in it (other times it goes out once the enigne revs past the sensitive spot). After I get out of it the light goes out about 1 or 2 seconds later. If you connect an OTC and watch the knock retard values, you can see it in action.

Anonymous_User
10-17-2006, 05:00 PM
So, it isn't so much a FLASH as much as the CEL comes on solid.

I was expecting a flashing light. If it's a solid light, that is exactly what I am seeing.

Thanks.

cordes
10-17-2006, 07:47 PM
I have had my CEL flash rather rapidly when I had the fuel table scaled down quite a bit for better milage and I was holding it at the 3600 rev limiter. I added more fuel and tried again, and no flash.

Anonymous_User
10-17-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm certain now that the CEL I am seeing is a knock. The code 45 I pulled must have been 55? Why isn't 15 still showing up? I haven't replaced the bad SDS yet. Hmmm.....

The cal is scaled to +40's but my fuel pressure is under 55 so I should see knock. I plan to raise the fuel pressure back up to 55 this weekend and start tweaking the cal to run without knock. I'm hoping to get 24 psi out of it.

The CEL I get did not show up the other day when the outside temps were around 40*F. It started to show again when the temps reached 55*F. So, I think I'm real close.

cordes
10-17-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm certain now that the CEL I am seeing is a knock. The code 45 I pulled must have been 55? Why isn't 15 still showing up? I haven't replaced the bad SDS yet. Hmmm.....

The cal is scaled to +40's but my fuel pressure is under 55 so I should see knock. I plan to raise the fuel pressure back up to 55 this weekend and start tweaking the cal to run without knock. I'm hoping to get 24 psi out of it.

The CEL I get did not show up the other day when the outside temps were around 40*F. It started to show again when the temps reached 55*F. So, I think I'm real close.

Glad that you are getting it figured out. I think that the CEL flash is a great addition to the 02 and EGT gauges. The turbo buick guys have been using the knock detectors for years, and this is a great way to have one with no hassle for ultra TM cheap too.

MiniMopar
10-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Yep...I got the light on the way to work late this morning. I am right on the edge as well and have to turn down the boost when it is warm.