PDA

View Full Version : Where are my bearings?

ajakeski
12-04-2017, 11:05 PM
I have made hundreds of orders with Rockauto in the past and have always had good results. I realize the issue described below may be out of Rockauto's control, and I hope it is not a sign of things to come.

I ordered rear wheel bearings for my GLH from Rockauto on November 27th and received a shipping notification on November 28th. As of today, December 4th, they have not arrived...USPS tracking shows the package shipped from Ohio, went to Texas and is still in Texas. Maybe the bearings prefer warm weather.

I shipped a small flat rate box from Wisconsin to California on December 2nd. The package arrived in California today, December 4th.

I paid for Priority Mail shipping for my Rockauto order, the same Priority Mail shipping that was able to deliver a package from Wisconsin to California in 2 days. I guess I will have to factor in a two week shipping wait the next time I order parts from Rockauto. Priorities must be different, depending on where they originate.

In the meantime, I bought bearings at the local parts store and put my GLH back together. When I receive my Rockauto bearings, I can put them on the shelf for next time.

tryingbe
12-05-2017, 12:23 AM
Shouldn't you take your issue with USPS ?

Wildwest
12-05-2017, 12:30 AM
Yup, your bearings got rustled out of the post office barn down here. I'll get Yosemite Sam to track down those varmits.

83scamp
12-05-2017, 08:37 AM
Gotta love the efficiency of the US government...

The USPS is a joke most of the time. Like you said, you can ship a package, and it gets to California in a couple days, but an item one state over takes a week.

I had a similar situation with brake hoses for my Daytona when I first bought it. Rock Auto shipped the same day, then the package made a grand tour of Indiana for 4 days before finally ending up on my doorstep. Went from Texas to Indy, Indy to South Bend, South Bend to Indy, Indy to Hobart(which is on the other side of the state from me), marked "out for delivery", then made it back to Indy, finally to Fort Wayne, then made it to me....

The US government can't deliver a box correctly, and yet they wonder why I want less government control in my life????

masterjr33
12-05-2017, 09:01 AM
and they want to run our health care too.

Dr. Johny Dodge
12-05-2017, 10:16 AM
(tangent)
^ that's something you peeps need to let them do .. and without the hyperbole of BS that comes from your media
"death councils" .. yeah right - the outright laughable BS that came from your last attempt to discuss that topic down there

in no way do I want to sound like I'm saying our system up here is all perfect and wonderful
- it is far from that BUT , a perfect example , I had 3 stints done in june/july this year
total cost to me .. nothin (right femoral artery , right hip and left lower aorta)

and I was in danger of a complete blockage in the right leg - it used to go numb carrying the laundry basket up the stairs and forget mowin the lawn

add to public health care the idea of universal prescription coverage

and consider .. is it better your taxes go to healing the kid next door's broken leg .. or more big stupid bombs no one actually has the nuts to use ?

- no actually asked to be here .. why are we constantly billed for repairs and maintenance so that we may be able to contribute to the "state"?

as for mailing packages I've noted it takes only a couple of days for something to get from toronto to vancouver but it takes a week or two to get from vancouver to toronto

must be a head wind ..

masterjr33
12-05-2017, 11:59 AM
(tangent)
^ that's something you peeps need to let them do .. and without the hyperbole of BS that comes from your media
"death councils" .. yeah right - the outright laughable BS that came from your last attempt to discuss that topic down there

There literally are death councils that decide if you are going to get a surgery/transplant. try getting 3 stints in another 2 decades.. see what they say..

in no way do I want to sound like I'm saying our system up here is all perfect and wonderful
- it is far from that BUT , a perfect example , I had 3 stints done in june/july this year
total cost to me .. nothin (right femoral artery , right hip and left lower aorta)
Incorrect. nothing costs nothing.. someone paid the doctor and the hospital.
doctors dont work for free. neither do hospitals.. noone preformed surgery on you because they felt like being nice that day.
you pay taxes.. i pay taxes... if you only paid 3K in taxes this year.. and your surgery cost 30K. then 10 other people had to pay for your surgery.

and I was in danger of a complete blockage in the right leg - it used to go numb carrying the laundry basket up the stairs and forget mowin the lawn

add to public health care the idea of universal prescription coverage

and consider .. is it better your taxes go to healing the kid next door's broken leg .. or more big stupid bombs no one actually has the nuts to use ?
It would be better if they did not take my taxes by force and distribute them how they feel will get them the most votes. It would be better if i was allowed to decide how my income/taxes were spent..

- no actually asked to be here .. why are we constantly billed for repairs and maintenance so that we may be able to contribute to the "state"?.noone said you couldnt move.. Start walking.

as for mailing packages I've noted it takes only a couple of days for something to get from toronto to vancouver but it takes a week or two to get from vancouver to toronto

must be a head wind ..

Don't just lie and expect to not be fact checked..
Canda has death panels and its a good thing : http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2013/10/canada_has_death_panels_and_that_s_a_good_thing.ht ml

Its called the consent and capacity board. https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/death-panels-are-grim-reality-in-canada/

"An October ruling from the Supreme Court of Canada clarifies end-of-life medical care rules by establishing a federal review board as final arbiter when doctors recommend death"
http://www.medicaldaily.com/canada-establishes-death-panel-specific-end-life-decisions-269000

come meet your death panels. http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2010/07/health-care-rationing-death-panels/#

Death Panels: When Bureaucrats in Canada Decide Whether You Live or Die
http://www.lifenews.com/2014/10/03/death-panels-when-bureaucrats-in-canada-decide-whether-you-live-or-die/

Good luck sir.

2.216VTurbo
12-05-2017, 02:22 PM
Whoah! Left turn Clyde:lol: I'm just glad I got that box from you Andy, I installed one this am, will test later with the top down heading out to Taco Tuesday at a local spot.

ajakeski
12-06-2017, 09:31 PM
Arrived today, the shipping label states 'Priority 2 Day' Nice to know the USPS has a sense of humor.

These bearings will be well travelled once they get back to Rockauto.

- - - Updated - - -

Arrived today, the shipping label states 'Priority 2 Day' Nice to know the USPS has a sense of humor.

These bearings will be well traveled once they get back to Rockauto.

shmedley
12-07-2017, 02:20 PM
I hate anything shipped USPS. I've had stuff take over a week coming from about 2 hours away being sent priority mail more then once. Don't matter if it's to my house or work, more often then not it's late from what they say the day I should get it.

Glad you finally got them

looneytuner
12-07-2017, 09:56 PM
Hey I had something shipped from the west coast. It went to a center on the east coast and then St. Louis. We have had sporadic mail the past week. I'm guessing the Amazon packages are getting priority and the the postal customers just have to wait till the Amazon crap is all delivered.

I think it's a good idea to have some pillows on the porch for anything breakable. That way their tosses can land on the pillows.

The best was a spat TU had. The DSL driver left notes that they stopped by at 3am? on a Sunday to pick up a package??????