PDA

View Full Version : Map ????

87 charger
01-08-2006, 09:59 PM
My car still has issues.It won't throw a code and it keeps on shutting off. It won't idle or nothing I can rev it and it cuts out and backfires a little. It is driving me crazy and I am about done !
All I can think is maybe it is the map sensor just because nothing I do makes a difference.Is there a way to figure out if it is a map ?
Thanks

BTW: Its is a T2 conversion 87 shelby charger.

cordes
01-08-2006, 10:05 PM
My car still has issues.It won't throw a code and it keeps on shutting off. It won't idle or nothing I can rev it and it cuts out and backfires a little. It is driving me crazy and I am about done !
All I can think is maybe it is the map sensor just because nothing I do makes a difference.Is there a way to figure out if it is a map ?
Thanks

BTW: Its is a T2 conversion 87 shelby charger.

Timing?

deuce dodge
01-09-2006, 08:42 AM
easy

1. check all vac lines...........and make sure they are not pinched.

2. try resetting computer.

3. look for bad grounds.check for turbovanmans post on that .SIMON knows all.lol

4. plug wires can cause that.

5. check timing with timing light..and also check timing belt

6. if it got wet........try one at a time unplugging eletrical connectors.then dry them off with compressed air in can :)

7. use dialectric grease <spellin?>.on terminals.

just my thoughts

deuce

GLHSKEN
01-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Did you run the extra wires for the throttlebody for the later electronic sensore on the blow through style

Dave
01-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Sounds more like igniton. But I'd also do everything stated above. Good ideas guys. :thumb:

GLHNSLHT2
01-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Hall effect sensor comes to mind.

supercrackerbox
01-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Does it at least throw code 55? Does the Power Loss light come on at least briefly when you first turn on the ignition? If not, the LM might be fried.

87 charger
01-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Sorry I have not got back on here.
Yes it has the wiring for the AIS.
I did find out that the wires were in the wrong pin numbers,so I have been told. So do you think that may have fried something ? I get 2 codes 12 and 55. I had to jump the battery so thats why 12 comes up.
Here is what it did ,I was trying to get the miss out and was driving around the block. So I come to the stop sign and it is running semi smooth,but still would not idle after letting off throttle.I decide to bang on it and see what happens and see if it would cut out in the upper rpms under a load. As I get about 4500 rpm it shuts off dead in the street.I cranked it and it would not fire at all. I have a new cap and wires and plugs. I might need to replace coil just because its all thats left.OH and I replaced rotor button as well. I got the car in need of work ,but it was running with a 88 T2 in it with the wiring kit from forward motion. The AIS wire kit they (forward motion) sold to him has purple and black wires if anyone has the same kit tell me what pins you have the purple and the black in.
I called them and put them where they said to put them,but it took them forever to find out themselves.I figured they would know instantly ? Anyway I just want it to idle and run so I can start to modify it. Right now I am very tired of not knowing what it is.
I just hope I can narrow it down because it just bugs the crap out of me. ca I should have done figured this out! I have worked on dsm electronics and figured it out so I laugh in a mad kinda way when I can't figure this thing out !
Oh I also put a new plug in the # 4 wire and sat it on the valve cover and cranked the car and it had a blue spark ? SO is it electrical or is it timing ?
If timing why did it shut off it the road and not fire back up ?
DO YOU THINK IT JUMPED ?

LeGweg
01-10-2006, 08:12 PM
id you try resetting the computer? My car did something similar last year when I took it out of winter storage. Resetting the computer is all I did and the car came back to normal and drove it all summer with no problems at all.

Could also be a jumped timing belt.

Or bad HEP.

Or loosened up shutter wheel in the distributor.

Or the coil like you said...

Or the map sensor. Had the same problem once with my mini and the problem was the map sensor.

Good luck!

87 charger
01-13-2006, 09:28 AM
TODAY
Is going to be shelby day.I am going to spend a bunch of time checking everything! I am going to check all grounds and reset the timing again. Now if that don't get it I am going to go get a new map for it. I hope today I will get it going.I really want to roast some tires bad. My 04 neon sxt "wifes car actually" just don't come close to what power I want. Hmmm I think thats why she wanted that car so I won't want to drive it. Anyway I will let ya know what I find and hopefully get this thing rollin. :o