PDA

View Full Version : Minivan pulls hard on Vtec Accord. (WAY hard!) lol!

BARRON
10-15-2006, 02:44 PM
We had lunch at a local resturant after church. My cousin ate lunch with Mom n' Dad,my aunt and me. He had 4 guys with him because they were headed for service at a local town that afternoon. ANYWAYS..

We all leave and across the parking lot I yell, "Come on Rob lets go!" he yells back "ALL RIGHT LETS GO!" He has a late model Accord.. black and chrome,VERY sharp looking car for sure! We pull out on the main drag, NO traffic in sight, we kinda roll away and I see the guys all looking out the back window,so around 40mph, I floor it.

I start pulling on his bumper like mad for a split second, then I see my advance slow down a but.. but not much, after a couple seconds I roll by at a comfortable speed,in my suit and tie, waving. His passanger behind him has the BIGGEST grin on his face and waving..cause I just wasted his Civic EX a few weeks back..so he knows. My cousin is just watching the van drive past.. the look on his face..oh its priceless.. kind of a blank,droped jaw look of unbelief.. LOL!

So by about 105mph I let off and apply brakes.. he is well over 3 carlengths behind. After this I think he was a bit agrivated cause he was glued to my bumper for a while. The next long stretch of road I see him swing out.. caught me off guard.. I floor it.. I THINK he was starting to pull a bit, were were about 70mph when a car appears up the road.. and the lets off and tucks in behind me pretty quick..so obliously he was still less than 1/2 way past me.

As we come to a 4 way turnoff and he pulls to the left onto a turnoff lane.. I slow, and they pull aside. Laughs and waves all around. Thats what its all about... havin a real HOOT! The guy in the front passangers seat had a wierd grin on his face. He has a bright orange 04-05 Looks EXACTLY like a GT, but its a V6 job. .. Maybe he is next?

89 Mini, 2.5L, Garrett T1,stock boost and exhaust one bench seat.. and a really nervous aunt!! LOL!

turbovanmanČ
10-15-2006, 04:13 PM
ROFL, :thumb:

BARRON
10-15-2006, 04:56 PM
I'll see if I can get the other side of the story tonight. I'll have to go ask...not like someone is gonna come over to you and brag how your MINIVAN beat them.

DUH!

mcsvt
10-15-2006, 05:52 PM
The mini strikes again :D

BARRON
10-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Basically I got... I didn't see you comming e.t.c. Someone said, "Here he comes!.. and there you went!"

But thats ok. My cuz is cool. I said.. yah.. I'll give you another chance.. I know it wasnt fair.. because I won... and you had 3 guys with you.

The guys in the vehicle told a different story. I was talking to my cousin whos civic I beat. Man he thought that was SOO awesome! Another guy was laughing and yelled YOU HAD A HEMI IN THAT THING TODAY didnt you?!! HAHA!! Mustang guy was laughing about it too..but said that I slingshot him bad. ?????? ..

Oh well.. having a rusty old minivan passing you, has to hurt. I can be kind and not be a jerk.

Mom'sTurboVan
10-15-2006, 09:10 PM
smack that VTAAAAKKKKK!

BARRON
10-15-2006, 09:18 PM
BLEEP! Thats fast!! lol!

Vigo
10-18-2006, 10:43 PM
Curious, how new accord? difference between best of the last gen and best of the new gen is almost 10mph trap stock for stock, so makes a difference. i think i know, looking at your mods, but hoping to be wrong :)

Good kill.

BARRON
10-18-2006, 11:55 PM
I found out his car is an 03' or newer. They had 160hp. Data on a 2003 2.3L Vtec says: 2003 Honda Accord Sedan (I-4) 0-60 8.0sec, 1/4 mile 16.0sec. I dont know if that is specs for an auto or the manual.

Anyways.. the first time I pulled past him nicely. The time he tried to pass at about 60mph he was barely creaping up on me. I am non-intercooled too.

Next time will be different.. I'll BEAT HIM WORSE!

Vigo
10-19-2006, 06:04 PM
haha no doubt! you're so close to stock that your first couple mods are gonna be big improvements. thanks for the info.