PDA

View Full Version : my r/t turned into a pigeon call?

Millerman340
10-14-2006, 10:08 PM
It's the dam-est thing ,I was out last night enjoying the cool air in Orlando with the radio turned down. I get on the Spirit hard, after 4000 in first it starts hitting hard spinning the wheels, catch second same deal boosting harder than usual after 4000 .Even catch third So when I let off i hear the stock blow off sounding like pigeon cooing, & the turbo winding down.I sounds like that turkey call video.I checked the hoses but could not see any problems.It usually gargles in the factory air cleaner when I shift but this makes me laugh whenI hear it.

turbovanmanČ
10-14-2006, 11:14 PM
We need video with sound, :eyebrows:

iTurbo
10-14-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm guessing a split/ruptured intercooler hose or you blew out the stock BOV diaphram.

Millerman340
10-14-2006, 11:45 PM
Every time I shift it goes wouoaoouoaoo, It's holding boost though. When I turn it off I can hear it leaking pressure .Hisssss:confused: The ole r/t always runs better when the weather drops in the 80's here in Fl....dave.:eyebrows:

TurboJerry
10-15-2006, 04:24 AM
I had the same problem. It's the BOV. I lost power as the bov would open and close while holding WOT..... I put a DSM bov on it to cure the problem.

devlish
10-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Had a similar thing happen a few years ago, was a torn diaphram in the BOV. I have a Talon BOV Flange if ya need, and access to a few BOVs as well. Make sure you crush it before installing to hold those last few psi's!

iTurbo
10-16-2006, 03:22 PM
I recently replaced the stock BOV on my Spirit R/T (which was working fine BTW) with a 1st gen DSM BOV. Worked great except for some annoying whistling sound at part throttle cruise. About a week later I replaced it with a Tial which also works great except the stock Tial spring is super stiff and won't release during part throttle low boost shifts. I ordered a softer spring for it last week. Hope it works better or the DSM BOV is going back in.

Millerman340
10-16-2006, 07:14 PM
I have a hks bov thats sitting in my tool box ,just been lazy. It's holding boost:nod:The look on peoples faces is priceless:eek:

Millerman340
10-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Well I looked at the car good today. the plastic line that run to the bov & a few other places are broke.So there is no vac going to the bov( It must be vibrating like a reed).