PDA

View Full Version : head porting, which head to use??

Juggy
01-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Im planning on having someone do some porting on a head. just minor cleanups, nothing serious.

the car is an 87 Shelby Z running 89 electronics. I was reading somewhere that its best to stick with the head, the car came with when running stock computer because of spark curve timings

I plan on using a 445 G head in the future, I have one here that will get sent away for some professional work, and I should have some sort of cal then. I just want something better than stock for now to get me through this year.

so should I use the G or swirl head for now?? i was thinking about Dcal too, so if that were all hooked up it wouldnt matter I could make my own cals or use ones on the board (I think? lol)

cordes
01-08-2006, 09:39 PM
I guess it would depend on what my goals were. For my shadow, I would want to do the head that is already on it which is a swirl head. There is actually a decent write up on www.boostedmopar.com about porting them.

For my omni, I would wand a G-head for the lower compression.

Dcal or chem would be the way to go if you want to do your own cals, or cant afford to pay for one.