PDA

View Full Version : no fuel pump prime

86lance
01-08-2006, 08:38 PM
ok well in the host of problems heres what ive got so far. No fuel pump prime unless i put a wire between my battery and my coil,even then its EXTREMELY weak and turns on and off sorta rapidly. I did the headlight jumper wire thing from the battery to the power module connectors and there was only a few that lit the bulb up and one of them, that lit the bulb up but very dimly,otherwise nothing at all. One of them dimly lit the bumb up and it also popped a 20 amp fuse,it wus the second power module pin on the first power module connector. It is a 14 gage dark blue wire,my wiring diagram i have for my car says its a j2 feed. What next? Bad fuel pump? internally shorted which caused my power module to fry which is wut im leaning towards

Force Fed Mopar
01-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Sounds logical. I'd replace the pump and try it, good excuse to go ahead and put a 255 Walbro in it. Not much more than a stock pump and leaves you all the room in the world for future mods. If it don't crank after that, replace the power module.

You might try the ASD relay first, just in case it went bad.

86lance
01-08-2006, 09:13 PM
well i just got a different power module in yesterday but i wanted to make sure i knew the cause why it went out in the first place. No use tossin in a good power module only to have it cook again. And the asd relay is whats wrong with my power module,its the one thats integrated into the board of the power module. so no help there,ill prolly just go ahead and stick a stock pump in because im not looking to run anything more than say 17-18 psi with an extra injector,not to mention i get around 50-70 percet off of a fuel pump from my uncle so ill just go stock or something that flows more than stock but fits....any ideas?

86lance
01-08-2006, 11:12 PM
bump....any other ideas? im almost thinking bout pulling the engine and junking its rusty --- and sticking the engine/555 into an omni