PDA

View Full Version : Custom dyno tuned cals??

MOPAR2YA
10-14-2006, 01:02 AM
Since I was chastized for asking how Turbos Unleashed and Paul custom dyno tune a cal for a customer a thousand miles away, I am asking in a new thread how this is accomplished? BTW FWDP doesnt claim their cals are custom dyno tuned to your car. I would ask that the responce come from Paul or Chris as they are the ones doing it. And no Frank I wasnt blatently or even trying to start trouble, it was a legitimate question, so please allow your vendor to answer.

turbovanmanČ
10-14-2006, 01:31 AM
Come on Wallace, he's been saying this for over a year and you bring it up now?

MOPAR2YA
10-14-2006, 02:17 AM
I hadnt really kept up with it to much, because I dont need a cal. I thought Paul lived in AZ with Chris since they did a dyno day a while back, but I guess he's in Michigan, so Im wondering how the custom dyno tuning is done when you dont have the car to tune it to, and Paul is in Michigan and Chris's dyno is in Arizona. I cant see Paul flying down to AZ to custom tune a cal for 1 customer. Im sure Chris or Paul can straighten me out on this.

Now in all fairness Simon, Frank raked me over the coals for my post that was off the thread topic, so I took his advise/warning and started a specific topic. I dont think your comment answers my origional threads question. But to answer your question of why now?, simple, Its never been asked. Either they are custom dyno tuned cals or they are not. Its is a simple, valid question. Im not saying they are bad either way. But as I stated twice now, Im sure Paul or Chris are more than able to handle answering this.

Frank
10-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Wallace,
I didnt rake you over the coals. Your post just didnt belong in that thread and was viewed wrongly by more then just myself. This had to do with your approach and the past between Paul and yourself. That thread is already very volatile because of the nature of its topic... your post wasnt helping and people were viewing it wrong. Sorry. This thread is fine.

Now I know you want Chris to answer, but I think I can quickly answer your question, and I think you will be able to search TD and find the answer. The calibrations on TU's site were never advertised as Dyno Cals. In addition, when a dyno day has been setup, there is a new product released on his sight, where it allows you to purchase/sign-up for this event. This is the dyno tuned mentioned. In addition, the headaches in the past with arguements between yourself and Paul had to do with his actual dyno day cals.

I hope that helps. I also only answer because I had purchased a cal from Paul at one point, and then purchased a dyno day cal later on.

Thanks!
Frank

GLHSKEN
10-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Or a more simple answer. (man you are wordy Frank)

They have set dyno days's up for groups of customers that purchased cals. They travel there. Throw them on the dyno, tune-em up. Then go home.

BTW, nice flow #'s Wallace

MOPAR2YA
10-14-2006, 10:52 AM
My question was one of sincerity. I have no beefs with Chris or Paul, in fact I dont even know Paul. I dont choose sides, but FWDP was around a long time and I have done a good bit of business with them and they have helped me when I was in a jam as well. Trust me Ive locked horns with Cindy plenty, far more then I have with Chris or Paul.

Now I do see that Rattlesnake has been allowed to talk smack (of which he is wrong), and in true fashion since it wasnt about my question, and I dont see any mods stepping in. What is obvious to me there is a buffer in place to isolate TU/Paul from any criticism or a question that might be perceived to tarnish their rep. Im sure Chris/Paul can answer it and can weather/accept all the good or bad that results from their answer.

GLHSKEN
10-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Wallace,

Your point is valid. Just saw this... It will be handled. Rattlesnake posted at 9:54. It is now 11:21. Mods do NOT live on the forum.

He did answer the question asked though....

TurboGLH
10-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Wallace, You have a business relationship with Cindy and that makes your questioning immediately suspect. It's hard to view this thread as a casual request for information rather than a dig at a competitor.

GLHSKEN
10-14-2006, 11:30 AM
AND due to that relationship, the rules on this site SPECIFICALLY pre-clude opposing vendors asking such questions.

We made an EXCEPTION in this case. The question was easily answered and was

GLHSKEN
10-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Cindy,

Hope you understand... Your post had to be removed. This thread is being played straight up. You are not a site vendor, but a vendor none-the-less.

The question Wallace asked has been answered.

Rattlesnake
10-14-2006, 02:05 PM
My question was one of sincerity. I have no beefs with Chris or Paul, in fact I dont even know Paul. I dont choose sides, but FWDP was around a long time and I have done a good bit of business with them and they have helped me when I was in a jam as well. Trust me Ive locked horns with Cindy plenty, far more then I have with Chris or Paul.

Now I do see that Rattlesnake has been allowed to talk smack (of which he is wrong), and in true fashion since it wasnt about my question, and I dont see any mods stepping in. What is obvious to me there is a buffer in place to isolate TU/Paul from any criticism or a question that might be perceived to tarnish their rep. Im sure Chris/Paul can answer it and can weather/accept all the good or bad that results from their answer.
What happened Wallace?,did you get offended by my answer to your question? That tells a lot about you:( . King Salomon was right when he wrote: ;"Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry; for anger resteth in the bosom of fools"
What kind of answer are you looking for? one that trashes a vendor, I mean the one you want to hear? Do you want us to agree with you when your question clearly shows your intensions behind it?
Smack, you consider my answer smack? Good for you, because others will agree with me on thisTruth hurts

MOPAR2YA
10-14-2006, 02:28 PM
So every vendor that deals with FWDp including Accufab, Mopar, Venolia, RPM, and so on would all be suspect if they asked a question on how he would do a custom dyno tuned cal from a 1000 miles away. Again, Chis/Paul are big boys and can choose to answer or not. They dont need Mods and anti-FWDP people shielding them. I think the way things have been answered, the inuendos tossed out there, the condemnation for a post in one area and not another really shows the bias here.

And Rattlesnake, I would lock horns with you anytime you like bro. Your post was deleted by the mods because it had ZERO to do with the thread. I didnt request it to be removed, so I will redirect your King Solomon quote to the mods since it was their decision. I would caution you that calling a mod a fool isnt in your best interest and doesnt futher anything.

As to the answer, again for the fourth time, I want the vendor to answer it, or are all the replies from everyone else, because you work for TU/Paul? If so then your answers would be suspect to me... All I am asking is Paul/Chris to explain the process here.:nod:

GLHSKEN
10-14-2006, 02:40 PM
this post has degenerated... It will be closed...

I will leave the last 2 posts intact.

A vendor is one who supports this site.

The posts were because they STATE EXACTLY what dyno tuned means. Nothing more nothing less. To claim otherwise is wrong. Chris at TU has been in touch with me regarding this thread. No one works for TU/paul... I've informed Chris NOT to respond to this thread ( same thing I would do IF FWD supported this site (which they do NOT)

Bottom line... Knock the crap off...

Wallace, you have earned respect from the community (and on this site, it is the serious ones) Do not take a chance on damaging that.