PDA

View Full Version : Need serious help with wife's '99 Caravan

Anonymous_User
10-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Looks like I've got some electrical problem:

1. No turn signals
2. No blower motor (front or rear)
3. ABS and Airbag light stay illuminated

None of those things share a fuse or relay, but I relocated all fuses and relays hoping to move the problem without luck. I don't have a wiring diagram, so I don't know where to begin!!

If I can't fix it this weekend she says it HAS to go to the shop. We can't be without the van. :(

shadow88
10-13-2006, 07:51 PM
did any of these start at the same time?

Anonymous_User
10-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Yes, this all started simultaneously. One day it all worked, the next day, none of it worked!!

shadow88
10-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Looks like I've got some electrical problem:

1. No turn signals
2. No blower motor (front or rear)
3. ABS and Airbag light stay illuminated

None of those things share a fuse or relay, but I relocated all fuses and relays hoping to move the problem without luck. I don't have a wiring diagram, so I don't know where to begin!!

If I can't fix it this weekend she says it HAS to go to the shop. We can't be without the van. :(

Sadly, what they all have in common is the body control module.
The turn signals go through it to turn on the rear lights ( as far as i could tell when glimpsing at the schematics)
The blower motors both go through it as well.
All computers are linked to it through the bus system (inter-controller communications)

I sure wouldn't want to guess one myself without having it properly diagnosed as they can cost a fair bit. But I'm sure leaning towards the Body Control Module. If you want to junkyard one, they're a little tough to remove, under the dash at the driver's feet. 4 large connectors (11mm nuts), 2 smaller ones on top.(clips) 4(?) 10 mm bolts and slides out. Usually the wipers fail as well. Best to have it properly diagnosed.

Anonymous_User
10-14-2006, 04:41 AM
Best to have it properly diagnosed

Damn.

Thanks for the advice. *sigh* I guess I'll have a repair bill to pay.