PDA

View Full Version : Electronics: WANTED GLHS FAN, plus SHROUD AND BOTH RADIATOR BRACKETS FOR MOUNTING RADIATOR

bigbarneycars
03-29-2017, 02:20 PM
The title says it all. I'm needing an '86 or '87 GLHS Fan and Fan shroud and both radiator brackets the hold the radiator in place LEFT + RIGHT that bolt to the core Support. My journey to SDAC 27 hinges on my finding and installing these parts, Please Help. Jer In Wilmington, N.C.

Chris W
03-29-2017, 03:29 PM
The title says it all. I'm needing an '86 or '87 GLHS Fan and Fan shroud and both radiator brackets the hold the radiator in place LEFT + RIGHT that bolt to the core Support. My journey to SDAC 27 hinges on my finding and installing these parts, Please Help. Jer In Wilmington, N.C.

I'll do some digging. Pretty sure I can help with some of the parts you need.

Chris-TU

4 l-bodies
03-29-2017, 04:09 PM
FYI- The left and right radiator top brackets were reversed on the GLHS cars. If you have L-body ones, you can make them work. Might need a little trimming, but maybe not. The L-body intercooler mounting brackets were most definitely modified G/H body brackets. I was able to mate an aftermarket fan to a stock GLHS shroud on a friends 86 GLHS. The stock shroud and fan wouldn't fit any longer because of his custom 3 core high efficiency core. Where there is a will, there is a way...
Todd

mopar-tech
03-30-2017, 05:21 AM

I have a fan, intercooler and radiator for $175 plus shipping

bigbarneycars
03-30-2017, 10:09 AM
I just need the fan and the braces, but thanks for the offer, Jer

4 l-bodies
03-30-2017, 12:29 PM
Man that is a very good deal Gary is giving you. I would expect to pay that alone for a good GLHS fan/shroud assembly. I know there are a lot of loose first design (Hayden) ones out there, but if it is in good condition, that is a deal. The later 87 Siemens fan motors seem to have held up better than the Hayden ones from what I've experienced.
Todd

bigbarneycars
03-30-2017, 04:53 PM
I'm not balking at the deal Gary offers or the price. I have two radiators, and three intercoolers now and I really don't want to rent ah swap space for $90 at Carlisle and sit in the sun for 4 days trying to hawk $100- $150 in parts. I have a much better time having ah beer with friends under a canopy and Bench Racing. Thanks for the input though, Jer

shmedley
03-31-2017, 04:51 PM
I'd buy the radiator from you, or Gary, if that helps

mopar-tech
04-03-2017, 06:55 AM

I'd buy the radiator from you, or Gary, if that helps

Fan spoken for, still had rad and intercooler assembly.

I have no idea of condition, was from a car that had been disassembled when purchased but doesn't look all rotted out.

Gary