PDA

View Full Version : On my way to work....

Birddog
10-12-2006, 10:39 PM
On my way to work this morning minding my own business on the back road outta town doing barely over the limit....
This OBNOXIOUS yellow&black Mustang has the nuts to pass me.... I know where the traps are and where I can make up some time so I let it go. Roughly 5 minutes later I wind up next to it at a light and he's in the sap lane and....Well....he starts creeping.
Not another trap in sight for about a mile. So the light goes green and so do we!
I gotta admit I had a little trouble here cause 1st and 2nd gear at anything past 2000rpm and the car is like Fred Astaire on steroids hopping all over the pavement.....3rd gear brought on a NICE pseudo lane change via wheelspin and oddly this guy was still next to me! I was scared he should have been too dammit!
Finally 4th came and well he had to either turn or get behind me. And since the wheel hop popped the rearview mirror off I have no flippin idea what happened.....

I think I may have to get this thing to the track and just try to blow it the hell up already just to see what it can do.....

DBB mini
10-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Funny!:lol: What vehicle were you driving & what mods?

Birddog
10-13-2006, 01:27 AM
85 GLH wannabe...I've been assured it's an 87 SC engine, ported head(unverified)/intake, 52mm TB, 2.5 sv, 3" exhaust front to rear tire, roller cam, underdrive, 555 and 10 year old Dunlop D40s....
OH I'm damn sure the solid front mount is one of JT's too(the fancy weldin shows):D ......

devlish
10-13-2006, 04:23 PM
fun times!! sounds like a fun car your scootin to work in huh?

Mom'sTurboVan
10-13-2006, 05:22 PM
rearview popped off:lol: dont blow it up, sell it to me!:thumb:

devlish
10-13-2006, 05:26 PM
dont blow it up, sell it to me!:thumb:
why didn't i think of that first?:confused:

Birddog
10-13-2006, 06:42 PM
I don't actually plan on blowing it up, BUT i've seen enough stories between the three sites to know it's probably going to happen!

shmedley
10-13-2006, 07:09 PM
If that was the car from Jose then it's a 87 GLHS motor in it.

Birddog
10-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah it is that engine...The only reason I question the head is because the ports look like they were "gasket matched"? and the roller cam....