PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Chrysler Lebaron no crank, no start

dodgeman87
02-03-2017, 11:27 AM
Went to start my car and all I hear is a loud click ( from relay? ) and no start. So I charged battery and same thing. Headlights come on, fuel pump primes and power windows work great. Starter was rebuilt in 2014. Is there a way to identify if starter is problem?

2.216VTurbo
02-03-2017, 12:15 PM
Try this, have a friend come over because it takes two people. then locate a 2 foot long punch/drift/prybar/screwdriver the heavier and moe solid the better. Depending on what kind of airbox arrangement you have it might be tough to catch a glimpse of the starte/solenoid tucked away at the back of the motor. As you friend turns and holds the key to start, use the tool to rap sharply on the top of the starter solenoid a few times. If you cant quite get the angle try hitting the 15MM nut that's on the starter stud in the trans bellhouse. If its a lazy/dried out/overheated solenoid this should dislodge it. Also verify that your positive cable is OK and not melted. Also the positive post on the solenoid can loosen up. Being only inches from the turbo they get HOT and most heat shields are disintegrated gone or missing by now.

dodgeman87
02-13-2017, 09:59 PM
It was the starter !