PDA

View Full Version : 87 glhs for sale

djbosch
01-08-2006, 03:20 PM
1987 glhs #0479 in decent shape. 125,000 miles. Clear title. Originally sold in Terre Haute, IN at Vigo Dodge. Minimal rust along the bottom. Body is straight with no major dents, only some dings. Fender wells and quarters in good shape. Car runs strong but engine will needs some tlc. Interior complete but needs headliner. All goodies present...Shelby valve cover, Centurion wheels, shifter, steering wheel, Konis, dash plaque, etc. Car has a lot of potential and the key here is that it is complete. Car is located in the Cincinnati area. Pics available upon request. Have too many projects so this one must go. $2000.00 obo

Clay
01-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Oh man Ive been looking for a Terre Haute car. Found one a bit north in Bridgeton, IN, but its way rough. Ill keep this one in mind, but I would have my butt handed to me by the wife if I bought another car right now! ;)

clay

djbosch
01-09-2006, 10:39 AM
I've had my butt handed to me many times before by my wife. Eventually you get used to it (and if you're lucky, you get to keep the car!) Thanks for the interest...let me know if you want pics. Dan

bradp
01-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Oh man Ive been looking for a Terre Haute car. Found one a bit north in Bridgeton, IN, but its way rough. Ill keep this one in mind, but I would have my butt handed to me by the wife if I bought another car right now! ;)

clay

BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT, She'll still love you after a month or so!!!LOL

BadAssPerformance
01-09-2006, 03:13 PM
[wig guy voice] Do it! Do it! [/wig guy voice]

got any pics?

GLHSKEN
01-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Anyone wanting a take on this car... Just ask... Looking for a reason to go meet Dan..

(and god help me if I buy it... )

GLHSKEN
01-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Off the market... I should be picking it up this weekend. Thanks Dan!!

BTW, the wife approved!!

BadAssPerformance
01-10-2006, 09:06 PM
You're getting another nice car Ken. Thanks for sending the pics Dan!

GLHSKEN
01-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Hey local.. couldn't pass it up... Hopefully I'll be picking her up this weekend... Going to make a great daily driver... Blackie will now be built for the strip.

GLHS592
01-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Don't you guys know it's easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission. I guess I'm just lucky. My wife told me to go ahead and get my "new" Shelby Charger.

Clay
01-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Good job ken! Now I know where a Terre Haute car is when I really want one! ;)

Purchasing the car wasn't the issue, but finding a place for it to sit with a 4 car garage full (plus) and a driveway with 4 already sitting in it would be the issue. ;)

Plus, I really need to get my Road Runner finished.

clay

djbosch
01-11-2006, 12:01 AM
:amen: Thanks to all that responded. Ken (who lives a whopping 10 minutes from my house) has talked me into keeping my other California Shelby GLHS. He mentioned something about more speed, more horsepower, more speeding tickets (okay, that's me elaborating)... and eating IROC's and Stangs and Vettes (G06's) and Ponts...anyway....I'm hooked again. This is truely an insane group of car "nuts"...I love it!!!! I'll fit in perfectly. Ken, if you read this...I'm going to put you on my TV show.....I'll elaborate this weekend but I'm puting you in the spotlight in front of your peers...can't say no now!

Dan

djbosch
01-11-2006, 12:03 AM
p.s. Clay...The savior to all marriages is a detached garage!!! Always room to add on!!

GLHSKEN
01-11-2006, 08:05 AM
LOL... The car you should spotlight should be Reeves Omni. It's a VERY clean/powerful little machine.

We'll see you this weekend. My 16 yr old son is licking his chops...

Anything else you need for the other "S"... I'm bringing the rear bench with me..

Clay, 4 car garage here... Full. At times 6 cars sitting in the driveway.. all mine.

GLHSKEN
01-11-2006, 08:10 AM
One more... O.K... 2... I have a MINT steering wheel here for the car...

Clay
01-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Not bad at all!! Will make a great driver!

denviola
01-11-2006, 07:10 PM
One more... O.K... 2... I have a MINT steering wheel here for the car...

If the existing SW is leather wrapped and you are interested in selling, LMK. Not worried about condition, my GLHS doesn't have one right now.
Nice buy, I gave it a little thought too!
Denny

GLHSKEN
01-11-2006, 07:37 PM
I'll let you know Denny

supercrackerbox
01-13-2006, 04:40 PM
You guys are making me want to scrap my Daytona and focus on my GLHS. :(

djbosch
01-13-2006, 06:47 PM
The best part of the GLHS is scaring your friends when they get in the car. I've never seen people grab the door handle so quickly!

GLHS592
01-13-2006, 07:04 PM
You guys are making me want to scrap my Daytona and focus on my GLHS. :(

I'll haul it off for you.

87glhs232
01-14-2006, 12:43 AM
The best part of the GLHS is scaring your friends when they get in the car. I've never seen people grab the door handle so quickly!

Thats why nobody rides in mine. I like my door handles attached!

GLHSKEN
01-14-2006, 09:11 PM
She's home.... Thanks Dan...

Looking forward to this springs projects with you... Thanks for the car...

supercrackerbox
01-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Thats why nobody rides in mine. I like my door handles attached!

Bah, you can still climb in thru the hatch! Been there, done that.

djbosch
01-15-2006, 11:14 AM
She's home.... Thanks Dan...

Looking forward to this springs projects with you... Thanks for the car...

You too Ken. Hope you like it. Remember, it didn't want to let go of me!

GLHSKEN
01-15-2006, 11:21 AM
Hehehe... What Dan means... we took it for a blast up the street (Dan driving as he reminded me the check was not in his pocket yet). Pulled into my driveway.. I popped out... The car would not let go of him... The seatbelt would not release.

I guess the car knows my nic-name Bro-Ken... it wanted to go home with its daddy

Hey... found the possible issue with the dipstick... No pcv valve. the valve cover is directly hooked to the manifold pressurizing the entire block under boost.

BadAssPerformance
01-15-2006, 11:41 AM
If I were a GLHS, I'd want my daddy to take me home to, lol...

boost in the crank case :eek: luck the pistons are still one piece each!

GLHSKEN
01-15-2006, 11:44 AM
That's what a compression test is for... Fingers crossed... Even so... I'm putting 3 together this spriing in the basement... No biggee.... Only thing I'll need for this car is front Koni's.. The hunt is on...

This has prompted me to Put the Shelby Lancer in for paint so I can prep this one for paint...

85shelbycharger
01-18-2006, 04:54 PM
That's what a compression test is for... Fingers crossed... Even so... I'm putting 3 together this spriing in the basement... No biggee.... Only thing I'll need for this car is front Koni's.. The hunt is on...

This has prompted me to Put the Shelby Lancer in for paint so I can prep this one for paint...

Ken, I have a pair of front Koni's that probably need rebuilt. If you're intersted shoot me an offer :thumb:

GLHSKEN
01-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Interested.. Shoot me a price...

I breathed a big sigh when I saw the rears still there.. Damn things are like $150 each to get rebuilt...