PDA

View Full Version : throttle body on passenger side modification

Fox
11-22-2016, 01:30 AM
just wondering what kind of effect would moveing the throttle body to the passenger side of the intake have on things, im talking removeing the 90 degree neck on the 2pc upper and running the tb straight off the plenum on the opposite side. would this adversely affect the 4th cyl ?

my turbo is over the trans with a custom header so keeping the tb and pipes out of that area will help keep things cooler and make the pipes easier to route around everything

turbovanmanČ
11-22-2016, 02:44 AM
I think it will be fine.

GLHS60
11-22-2016, 04:34 PM
Check out MILKCARTON's post # 601 on Waynes thread

Re: Intro and Update: Slugmobile and Mean Mini!

Thanks
Randy

OmniPotentGLH
11-22-2016, 04:59 PM
Moving the throttle body will affect cylinder #4, just as much as cylinder #1 is affected by its current position. (Not at all, really)

A lot of guys do this to old Toyota 4age's, because they take them from fwd cars and swap into rwd. Flip the throttle body to the other side of the plenum, and voila!

MILKCARTON
11-22-2016, 05:27 PM
I was actually going to do an elbow in the center of the plenum but got lazy an did this..

Fox
11-22-2016, 07:11 PM
looks really good, saw your other post, similar setup except my car has a smaller td05h turbo 9.5to1 compression, what kinda compression ratio are you running and how much boost ?
i'd like to do a full custom plenum but dont have the tools to make one, cutting a stock 2pc and haveing it welded would probably be much cheaper and easier

MILKCARTON
11-22-2016, 09:04 PM
looks really good, saw your other post, similar setup except my car has a smaller td05h turbo 9.5to1 compression, what kinda compression ratio are you running and how much boost ?
i'd like to do a full custom plenum but dont have the tools to make one, cutting a stock 2pc and haveing it welded would probably be much cheaper and easier

I have no idea on cr , I race at over 5000 ft. This 2.5 is zero deck, and it's an interference engine now....

GLHS60
11-23-2016, 12:43 AM

Have you seen any of the internally modified 1 piece intakes??

They work much better than expected.

Thanks
Randy

Fox
11-23-2016, 01:11 AM
yea i saw those before but i cant weld aluminum so i never looked into those much. i'd have to pay someone to put it back together after i cut it and i figure it would be time consuming, i already have a ported 2pc intake with all the fuel rail and lines setup so im going to stick with the 2pc lower for this

shmedley
11-23-2016, 02:27 PM
Chrysler back in the day thought it made enough difference to make a different computer when using the over the valve cover intercooler

MILKCARTON
11-23-2016, 02:38 PM
Chrysler back in the day thought it made enough difference to make a different computer when using the over the valve cover intercooler
Because it was now intercooled...

mopar-tech
11-23-2016, 04:31 PM
Because it was now intercooled...

And the airflow with the old log intake was messed up with 3&4 getting more air than 1&2.

The intercooled log manifold reversed the problem.