PDA

View Full Version : Great Lakes Fall Color Tour -- Saturday October 22, 2016

sdac guy
10-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Saturday October 22 is the date this year. Once again we will meet up about 10am so we can get started about 11:00 or so.

Again this year we will start at the McDonalds off of Huron Rd in Ypsilanti. Huron Rd is Exit 183 off of I-94. Just south of I-94 is a light for James L Hart Parkway, turn right there and go to the McDonalds. Get there in time to get a snack or use the facilities at McDonald’s. We will pass out maps and turn by turn directions prior to leaving the parking lot.

This year we will again drive the route backwards. About a half hour before the end of the drive we stop in Hell, Michigan for a rest stop and photo opportunity (and possibly a snack?).

We run the event rain or shine. This is a fun event and even if your Shelby is not running (or you don’t want to bring it out), come on out for a nice drive. You will be glad you did!! Everybody is welcome!!

Barry

CNH320
10-20-2016, 06:42 PM
Weather looks clear and cool! perfect for once!

Gcalv
10-22-2016, 02:40 PM
Hope you guys/gals are having a great day/cruise! Looks like a beautiful day out there.

sdac guy
10-22-2016, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the kind thoughts George. Yes, it was a lovely day for a drive.

We had a pretty good turnout, with 17 cars and 28 people. No breakdowns, and nobody got lost. For most of the drive we were pretty much able to stay in a group. I think I heard a couple folks saying they hit better than 120 mph on a nice straight stretch. Myself, I never went much over 90 (one time for a short distance).

In a curvy portion of the route, I nearly lost it. I entered a turn which was marked 35 mph at about 70. Lots of tire squealing, lost it a little but got the car to recover without going around. Glad there was there was no oncoming traffic in the other lane. :nod: I might have rubbed them a little otherwise.

Barry

bigbarneycars
10-29-2016, 09:34 AM
O.K. Barry where's all the pix, Me and the rest of the crew here wanna see 'um, Jer