PDA

View Full Version : Sdac-17

Pages : [1] 2

Dave
10-09-2006, 08:36 PM
A little early, I know. Just curious if there's any word or rumor where the next will be held.

-Bryan

Frank
10-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Wouldnt you like to know. HA!

Actually I dont know either!

GLHS592
10-09-2006, 08:44 PM
I've heard it will be in San Diego.

contraption22
10-09-2006, 10:29 PM
I heard Anchorage, Alaska mid February. And we are having a joint event with the AMC Eagle Owners Club, so we can kick their asses at ice racing.

BadAssPerformance
10-10-2006, 12:20 AM
I'm sooo there dude!

turbovanmanČ
10-10-2006, 12:28 AM
I can do San Diego, :thumb:

2.216VTurbo
10-10-2006, 01:14 AM
I heard Vegas...

Of course it didn't come from Barry or anyone connected with SDAC, but it almost makes sense. Even if the amount of vehicals in attendance are down some, the bodies count would likely go up:) How hard is it to talk the GF/wife/significant other into a veags trip:eyebrows: ?

BadAssPerformance
10-10-2006, 01:16 AM
How hard is it to talk the GF/wife/significant other into a veags trip:eyebrows: ?

What if they all want to go? :D :eek:

sdac guy
10-10-2006, 02:39 AM
We have a loaction (general area) that is being looked into by local members.

We will go back to our "normal" schedule of starting the weekend after Father's Day, which makes it start on June 23, 2007 (90% sure on that).

As we did in the past, members will get first notice via online boards and the newsletter. After that we will make a public announcement, probably around March.

All possible sites mentioned so far have been removed from our "short list". Sorry. :D

Barry

turbovanmanČ
10-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Give us a hint, sheesh, :eyebrows:

Any further than San Diego, I am out so I guess it doesn't really matter for me, :(

BadAssPerformance
10-10-2006, 01:18 PM

Not Topeka ;) .... never in the same spot consecutive years :thumb:

BIGBRUDDA
10-10-2006, 01:22 PM
I say we have it in Isenbergs fancy-schmany new garage:D

Marcus86GLHS
10-10-2006, 01:27 PM
was there ever an SDAC event in New England?

can someone from SDAC comment on the general population of SDAC (regional) membership by location? in other words, where are the most members located?

BadAssPerformance
10-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Most recent was SDAC 13 was based in Aberdeen, MD.

GLHS592
10-10-2006, 01:33 PM
I say we have it in Isenbergs fancy-schmany new garage:D

Anybody is more than welcome to have a mini SDAC at my house. I'll see if we can rent the airport for a day for drag racing. We can do burnouts in from of my wife's boss's house at 1:00 AM.

Boost_Virgin
10-10-2006, 01:47 PM

Any further than San Diego, I am out so I guess it doesn't really matter for me, :(

No you better be there breaking some kind of van record. Even if it's most miles driven to the event!:thumb:

j4278h
10-10-2006, 01:52 PM
I say it should be near Kalamazoo, MI.

There is a great drag strip US131 which is 20 miles north along with Gingerman roadcourse which is 35 min. away.

I'm not biased at all:)

Come on I'm willing to Bribe Barry with a free glht omni to sway the vote.

BadAssPerformance
10-10-2006, 01:56 PM
We have a loaction (general area) that is being looked into by local members.

ditto

sdac guy
10-10-2006, 03:32 PM
was there ever an SDAC event in New England?Twice we have looked into it. The first time was for SDAC 8 I think (under the prior management). Then for SDAC-13 we started up in N.E. and could not find a track that we could afford to rent (we just wanted to rent it, not BUY it) nor a track that would let us run freely during a weekday. Aberdeen MD was the furthest north we could find on the east coast where there were tracks that really wanted our business and didn't have homeowner assn rules that sucked. In that search we started in the area of NED but also looked at upstate NY. A few drag strips told us that on a weekday, we could only race between 10am & 3 pm, and/or that only one car could go down the track at a time, and that all cars had to have mufflers and meet a max noise limit.

can someone from SDAC comment on the general population of SDAC (regional) membership by location? in other words, where are the most members located?By far the largest grouping is in the midwest, namely Ohio, Michigan, & Illinois. But there is a good size group out east, and I think PA may lead the pack as the state with the most members. I had a thread on td.com in the members area that had a breakdown, but that info is pretty old now.

Our second largest grouping by area would have to be mid-Atlantic up through New England. Which makes the poor attendance at SDAC-13 even more of a mystery. I think the torrential rain a few days before and right up to our event, with massive flooding everywhere, had a lot to do with it. When I drove up on Friday that week, it rained from Ohio till I got to the motel in MD. And the last couple hundred miles were a downpour the whole time.

Barry

Frank
10-10-2006, 03:56 PM
If you were to send me the city and state columns from you database, I can easily create a Google Earth Plot.

Frank

Marcus86GLHS
10-10-2006, 04:21 PM
BARRY thanx for the info, glad to read your team tried.

rain on the east coast keep getting worse over the years, seems that way at least.

Kalamazoo? count me in for that one, i am a WMU alumni.

CSX321
10-11-2006, 10:57 AM
If you were to send me the city and state columns from you database, I can easily create a Google Earth Plot.

Frank
I made this a while back from some membership data Barry posted.

Frank
10-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Looks pretty good and about right.... looks like we should host it in Pittsburgh or Cincinatti every year from here on out. I say Pittsburgh because of the good selection of tracks around.... plus its not as blazing hot there. ;)

Frank

MiniMopar
10-11-2006, 11:19 AM
It would be interesting to see WHERE in the states the density is. A Google plot would show that nicely. Clustered around the big cities, I assume. Clearly, there isn't a huge density north of Wisconsin?

LynX853
10-11-2006, 12:34 PM
how about the MD, DC, VA area on top of that we can rent out Maryland international raceway which isnt that expensive to rent and its the fastest and best (in my oppinion) tracks on the east coast...
just a thought

www.mirdrag.com

Frank
10-11-2006, 12:55 PM
MIR (30minutes away from me :D ) was the home of SDAC-3???????

sdac guy
10-11-2006, 01:04 PM
how about the MD, DC, VA area on top of that we can rent out Maryland international raceway which isnt that expensive to rent and its the fastest and best (in my oppinion) tracks on the east coast...
just a thought

www.mirdrag.comThat actually isn't that cheap. It still falls into the $60 per car cost range. If the first 8 racers cost $800 and each additional 8 cost another $400, and we get our usual 60 racers, then 52 / 8 =6 with 4 remainder, rounded up to 7 times $400 = $2800 + the original $800 = $3600 divided by 60 racers = $60 per racer/car. Which is about average we've paid the last few times. Their site doesn't say if liability insurance is included for that price. If their insurance doesn't cover us, then we have to buy insurance which runs about $2500 per day for track events.

Both of our most recent drag events at SDAC's 14 & 15, the dragstrip provided coverage for us as part of their premium. But that is not always the case.

Barry

sdac guy
10-11-2006, 01:06 PM
MIR (30minutes away from me :D ) was the home of SDAC-3???????SDAC-2.

SDAC-3 was in Detroit.

Barry

Frank
10-11-2006, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the right information... couldnt remember it... plus I was only 11 at the time and to think you all were near! LOL. MIR has gotten alot more expensive lately... alot of publicity and upgrades... it is still not as fast for us guys when compared to Cecil which is not that far away. A couple of our x MD guys (Squirrel and White Lightning aka James and Ryan) almost killed themselves at MIR trying to match the times they ran in Cecil at SDAC-13 which was horribly HOT! It was like 102*F on the track!

BadAssPerformance
10-11-2006, 01:20 PM
I made this a while back from some membership data Barry posted.

Nice plot... keep in mind that this is of members, not enthusiasts. I am sure that if we could get all of the enthusiasts in Northern IL and WI to join up that both states would be dark red :thumb:

sdac guy
10-11-2006, 01:50 PM

FrankEmail is on it's way.

Thanks, Barry

altered7151
10-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Sure would be nice to see one out West...

Frank
10-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Here is the Google Earth plot of SDAC members by city only. Maybe we can work something our Barry to have higher detail (street address) as long as I only publish the high altitude version like this picture. The reason is because multiple people in a city only show up as one dot.

Enjoy!
Frank

MiniMopar
10-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Wow...that says a lot for sure.

slasky
10-11-2006, 06:13 PM
We could have it in NY and drag at NYIRP and road race at walkins glen.

Here is the info for NYIRP:
Would you like to have the track all to yourself? You can. New York Int'l Raceway Park is available for private rentals.
The track is available any day of the week, whenever there is not a scheduled event. All rental sessions will be run during daylight hours.

$500 TRACK RENTAL INCLUDES
bullet

Compulink Timing System set in Auto Mode
bullet

Lane sprayed 500 feet (you choose which lane)
bullet

EMT personnel and ambulance on site
bullet

6 hour sessions
bullet

1-10 vehicles

OPTIONS
bullet

Each additional vehicle $50
bullet

Traction compound $15/gallon

Compulink Timing System will be placed in Auto Mode. You will have to provide someone to operate the tree and burnout box. The ET slip printer will be placed on the starting line for your convenience.

A deposit of $100 is required to reserve your date. Please allow 2 weeks advance notice for scheduling purposes.

All vehicles must meet IHRA safety requirements.

MOPAR2YA
10-11-2006, 07:04 PM
The freakin N.E. is to congested. Id like to see the Ohio Valley again. As for drag racing, we can always find a nice long hotel parking lot...

BadAssPerformance
10-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Awesome plot. How do we calculate the epicenter?

sdac guy
10-11-2006, 07:32 PM
We could have it in NY and drag at NYIRP and road race at walkins glen.

$500 TRACK RENTAL INCLUDES
6 hour sessions

1-10 vehicles

Each additional vehicle $50

Traction compound $15/gallon

Compulink Timing System will be placed in Auto Mode. You will have to provide someone to operate the tree and burnout box. The ET slip printer will be placed on the starting line for your convenience.

A deposit of $100 is required to reserve your date. Please allow 2 weeks advance notice for scheduling purposes.

All vehicles must meet IHRA safety requirements.There are a number of limitations there. First, if the timing system is in auto mode, we will not be able to run our normal events schedule (bracket, heads up, quick 8 ...) So for someone to be in the tower manning the controls for us will be additional $$$ (if they will even do it).

They mention one lane running, we want both lanes prepped and will use them all day.

What is with the 6 hour session? When we do our normal event schedule, if we have 60 folks, it is tough to get it done in 8 hours sometimes. So no doubt 8 hours will be additional $$$.

Again there is no mention of the insurance issue.

Finally with 60 racers we are still looking at $3000 or more (depending on how much more they charge for the items we need (concession stand too?).

And as for the Glen, when we checked there in 2003 they wanted $10K for a day. And they had no dates available when we checked about 8 months in advance. IIRC they wanted insurance with $5 million liability coverage. The $2500 I quoted is for a $2 mil policy. Each additional $1 mil is another $1000 in premium. So insurance for $5 Mil in liability costs over $5500 for a day. By the time we get done with everything, might as well call it a $16K day.

Noooo, I don't think the Glen is in our future. In fact ALL the road course tracks in New England are likewise expensive.

Barry

Frank
10-11-2006, 07:41 PM
I personally like Pittsburgh area as I have expressed to Barry G! :D He is probably sick of me mentioning it by now! :D You have Beaver Run Motorsports complex and then Keystone drag way.

I know with Beaver Run, you rent the autocross complex. Just thoughts :D That is where Heath and I used to autocross... Heath is the DSP champion and I got 3rd for DSP.

Frank

GLHSKEN
10-11-2006, 07:48 PM
The freakin N.E. is to congested. Id like to see the Ohio Valley again. As for drag racing, we can always find a nice long hotel parking lot...

1/8 mile in front of my house... Just tuned there tonight!!!

85shelbycharger
10-11-2006, 11:03 PM
I personally like Pittsburgh area as I have expressed to Barry G! :D He is probably sick of me mentioning it by now! :D You have Beaver Run Motorsports complex and then Keystone drag way.

I know with Beaver Run, you rent the autocross complex. Just thoughts :D That is where Heath and I used to autocross... Heath is the DSP champion and I got 3rd for DSP.

Frank

Wooo, go Pittsburgh :thumb: ;)

Turbodave
10-11-2006, 11:09 PM

We could time people around the Cul-De-Sac, and the host hotel could be Ken's basement (ask Patty what time the continental breakfast is served:D ). Steaks on the Grill for Hospitality night (it's always hospitality night when you hang with the OVC guys), a couple Kegs on the deck, and I'm sure we could entertain ourselves with the hill in the back yard. It would probably be the most profit making SDAC yet...;)

86Shelby
10-12-2006, 12:23 AM
We could time people around the Cul-De-Sac,...snip...and I'm sure we could entertain ourselves with the hill in the back yard. It would probably be the most profit making SDAC yet...;)

I'll put down my $50 right now.:thumb:

Frank
10-12-2006, 06:38 AM
More address detail, and also we have ourselves high res pictures!

Pat
10-12-2006, 08:12 AM
More address detail, and also we have ourselves high res pictures!

Wow...that also goes to explain some of why the Cecil County Dragway get togethers are so well attended each year.

OMNI-Potent
10-12-2006, 08:43 AM

Frank

Beaver Run Motorsports complex is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sdac guy
10-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Nice images Frank, thanks loads. :thumb: :thumb:

Uh, you missed one of our members though .... Holley. He lives in England. :eyebrows: j/k

Barry

Frank
10-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Ya I had 6 addresses not found/mapped. Google Earth Pro rocks... simple delimited file of either addresses or lat/log in batches of 100 works awesome!

Frank

csxtra
10-12-2006, 11:41 AM

That sounds good Ken, and if your neighbor's dog Lilly is out standing in the road barking at everyone, we can have an autocross course with moving obstacles. :D

scrampage1
10-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Here is the Google Earth plot of SDAC members by city only. Maybe we can work something our Barry to have higher detail (street address) as long as I only publish the high altitude version like this picture. The reason is because multiple people in a city only show up as one dot.

Enjoy!
Frank

I must be the single dot in the Central Valley (California).

More parts in the junkyard for me!! :drum:

Ray
Central California

87ShelbyJT
10-27-2006, 11:22 PM
What about around Detroit? Is Milan Dragway expensive to rent?

BadAssPerformance
10-28-2006, 12:32 AM
There have been a few SDAC events in Detroit... I was at Milan for SDAC 7 and SDAC 10...

R/T
10-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Hmmm, no members in Cuba..... :D

I'm all for another Midwest SDAC. :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
10-30-2006, 12:24 AM
It could be in Miami or Alaska and I'll do my best to get there! WoooHooo! cant wait till next year!

SpoolinGLH
10-30-2006, 02:47 AM
Im anxious to hear where its going to be as this will hopefully be my first SDAC im going to attend....as long as its not TOO far from Ohio.....I say have it around my area. LOL... I live 20 mins away where the HOT ROD supernats used to be held up until i think 2 years ago..... We have two choices of drag strips. Quaker Dragraceway and Thompson Drag...Then we can cruise 224 in Boardman. Where ALL the cars hang out at A&W and Chilis.....that would be sweet!!

bradp
10-30-2006, 09:15 AM
I just hope there is an auto-x next year. This will be my 1st year back after a few years. Somebody needs to put Angelo back in his place in the ET drags also.

Dave
10-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Im anxious to hear where its going to be as this will hopefully be my first SDAC im going to attend....as long as its not TOO far from Ohio.....I say have it around my area. LOL... I live 20 mins away where the HOT ROD supernats used to be held up until i think 2 years ago..... We have two choices of drag strips. Quaker Dragraceway and Thompson Drag...Then we can cruise 224 in Boardman. Where ALL the cars hang out at A&W and Chilis.....that would be sweet!!

Quaker is the only FWD friendly track around... except for Norwalk... heyyyy there's an expensive idea. ;)

1FastCSX289
11-05-2006, 08:59 AM

Same for me.....This will be my 1st one this year. Ive heard so many good things from the other Rochester guys that have gone. Your spot sounds sweet. I like the idea of the street cruising at a local car hangout. I vote somewhere in the Ohio, NY, PA area. The closer to Rochester, NY...the better:lol:

Directconnection
11-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Wow...that also goes to explain some of why the Cecil County Dragway get togethers are so well attended each year.

I still don't know why Cecil County doesn't just become the home track for future SDACs? They always get huge turnouts as pat said.

sdac guy
11-05-2006, 12:51 PM
I still don't know why Cecil County doesn't just become the home track for future SDACs? They always get huge turnouts as pat said. We rent the track we use. We like for our folks to have the track to ourselves so we can run a full race program. If we went in on a weekend like the annual Cecil outing, we would just end up with whatever they organized for the public.

And because we rent the track, we must charge enough to cover the rental, usually greater than $60 per car. That fee limits the turnout to any of our drag events, as some folks feel that is just too much to pay to drag race.

SDAC-13 which did use Cecil, was not a successful SDAC from either the attendance or monetary point of view, and the drag racing fees just barely paid for the track rental.

That is why SDAC doesn't consider Cecil as a "home" track for future SDAC's.

That and the fact that we do move the annual convention around so that hopefully it will be close to most of our members at some point.

Barry

Johnny
11-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Because of my changed schedule for the coming year, it seems like I will be attending, no matter where it is. "IF" there is an autocross, I'd bring my GLHS, if not I'd bring the turbo wagon, wait, might be fun to bring the wagon and get first place in the autocross with it. Hey, that is a challenge, nothing else. Just want to have fun and see everyone.

Johnny
http://polybushings.com/

supercrackerbox
11-05-2006, 01:20 PM
As I sit right now, things look good. No, the SC isn't done yet, but I've still got what, 8 months? lol

I'll have paid vacation and probably another raise or two under my belt by then too. Don't really care where it is, I love a good road trip!

GLHSKEN
11-05-2006, 01:43 PM
I'll have paid vacation and probably another raise or two under my belt by then too. Don't really care where it is, I love a good road trip!

And that is the attitude needed. It's about the people. I have more fun when I don't bring my car.

supercrackerbox
11-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Oh yeah, I had a great time at '15 even without my car, but I still really want to bring one next year. I need someone to teach me how to drag race. :p

The way I see it, it's more opportunity to see more of this country. Like this past summer my brother and I went to Vegas. We could have flown, but we rented a Hemi Charger instead because I wanted to see the Utah desert on the way. Totally worth it.

forcedfedmopar
11-16-2006, 08:49 PM
so where is this gonna take place?!? Between my bro and i we have about 5 cars to bring! We need time to find drivers!

BadAssPerformance
11-16-2006, 09:32 PM
so where is this gonna take place?!? Between my bro and i we have about 5 cars to bring! We need time to find drivers!

What does 'where' have to do with finding drivers? It is in June, you got 6 months! ;)

forcedfedmopar
11-18-2006, 12:53 PM
are you saying youll drive?

WVRampage
11-18-2006, 01:26 PM

Frank
Keystone is now pittsburgh raceway park the web site is www.pittsburghracewaypark.com and the track is nice,and its only 2 hours from me and alot of others I know are close to there.

BadAssPerformance
11-18-2006, 06:48 PM
are you saying youll drive?

If I dont have anything running, and you get it to Chicago ;)

BIG PSI
11-18-2006, 07:24 PM
I would like for everyone to LOOK at this RENTAL Program at Quaker City Dragstrip which is located in NE Ohio (Salem, Ohio) to be exact. The track has 14 staging lanes inside the guardrails, 3 more outside the rail, nice grandstands, a pavillion with picnic tables, play area for the kids, and running water in the main restrooms. If Barry needs any help setting this up I will be more than willing to help.

http://www.quakercityraceway.com/track_rentals.html

Enjoy
Chuck Green

For 4 hours with 31 or more cars racing the cost breaks down to:

$920.00
$200.00---2nd lane sprayed
$ 80.00---starter
$ 80.00---computer operator
--------------------------
$1,280.00---total

If we race for 6 hours it goes to: $1,620.00 total

If we race for 8 hours it goes to: $1,960.00 total

sdac guy
11-18-2006, 09:30 PM
While that is a good price for an 8 hour rental (under $2K) the first line of text on that page DOES apply to us.
Different rates apply for leasing the track to hold an actual event or show. As we do run an actual event (all day rental with bracket, heads up, Q8, etc). I would think their price for that tyoe of rental would still be reasonable though.

Thanks for the info Chuck.

And thanks to others for posting stuff also. While I don't comment on each and every suggestion, I have made note of the venues that have been listed.

Barry

BIG PSI
11-18-2006, 09:59 PM
If you would like Barry I can get with the Owner of the Track, Dan, and see what he would charge for a rental---just let me know....

Chuck

Dave
11-18-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm sure Chuckles can get the hookup. I think he's done over 3 events at Quaker City already? I think Dan still owned it back then.

firebaron90
11-19-2006, 03:46 AM
And that is the attitude needed. It's about the people. I have more fun when I don't bring my car.

Yes I agree. And if it is Pittsburgh, I can rent another victim for the bracket races.....:evil:

Joe

WVRampage
11-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Pittsbugh to Salem is all good for me,been both places many times but Havent raced in Salem but of well Im sure I can start....

Dave
11-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Barry, we don't have to tell them it's a meet. Just show up with a butt-load of old, crappy Turbo Mopars. :thumb: Tell them we want the track b/c we're having a party. :p

beaker300
11-27-2006, 01:13 PM
hey all salem is a nice track ... if ohio or that area is one of the suggested areas.... check out thompson raceway in thompson ohio. The track is a great track. Raced there for NSCA last year with dad. Just a thought. theres no way that place is expensive lol.

Lee Sebring

SpoolinGLH
11-28-2006, 03:29 AM
Even though Thompson is the track i go to the most , I have to say Quaker is the best place for what were doing. Hell Quaker held the Hot Rod Super Nats. :thumb:

DC Turismo
11-30-2006, 06:30 PM
The Pittsburgh area would be an excellent choice. I am not being biased by any means, for I greatly enjoy somewhat of a road adventure to an SDAC event. However, there is so much to do around here. Roughly thirty minutes away from Pittsburgh Raceway Park is a slew of hotels including the Holiday Inn, an ongoing Best Western (still under construction) and an ongoing Hampton Inn (under construction). I can name at least 8 beer distributors between these hotels and the track. There is a mall every 30-40 minutes no matter which way you go. Pittsburgh is a 40-50 minute straight shot on the non-toll highway, perfect for getting a big car cruise together! Also very important, is Beaver Run, which, from what I hear, is a great autocrossing facility. Finally, there is a BEAUTIFUL state park that is located roughly at this epicenter I am basing everything from, timewise, which would be more than capable of holding an SDAC showfield!

If needed, I could gather contact information and whatever else would need done, as I am going to have some free time on my hands since student teaching ends next week!

Dave
12-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Thompson is nice, but not FWD friendly, unless you pull a Kyle and hate your rear bumper cover. ;) *smack!* Wall...

SpoolinGLH
12-07-2006, 10:19 PM
Thompson is nice, but not FWD friendly, unless you pull a Kyle and hate your rear bumper cover. ;) *smack!* Wall...

Haha:o

Warren Stramer
01-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Anything new?

sdac guy
01-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Still looking at sites.

But we will most likely return to our normal dates, which means starting the weekend after Father's Day. This year that means starting on June 23 and going for the next 2-3 days.

Barry

slasky
01-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Can we get an idea on possible locations? I know you probably don't want to give out specific places yet but a general area like north east, mid west etc. would be nice.

BadAssPerformance
01-02-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm voting for North America again :thumb:

sdac guy
01-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Two Hints:

1.) The area we were looking at AND the area we are now looking at have both been mentioned in this thread.

2.) It will not be within 200 miles of, or west of, the Mississippi River.

Hopefully we will have a location to announce in our "normal" time frame which will be late February or early March.

It is better not to announce the location we are looking into so if it doesn't happen folks won't be disappointed. We are so far from a decision on this my head hurts. :D

Barry

GLHS592
01-02-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm guessing it won't be Memphis in August.

supercrackerbox
01-03-2007, 09:51 AM

WOOHOO! ROAD TRIP!!:banaride:

And considering by that time I should have been thru every inch of the SC, I forsee no problems getting there. Good thing I find those seats to be rather comfy for long drives! :nod:

j4278h
01-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Come on Kalamazoo, MI

Big money
Big money

Frank
01-03-2007, 10:40 AM
San Diego, California
Anchorage, Alaska
Las Vegas, Nevada
Centerville, TN
Kalamazoo, MI
Buds Creek, MD (MIR) - SDAC-2
Walkins Glen, New York
Pittsburgh, PA
Cinncinatti, OH - SDAC15
Miami, FL
Salem, Ohio
Memphis, TN

devlish
01-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Come on Kalamazoo, MI

Big money
Big money

NO WHAMMY -- NO WHAMMY !!

mcsvt
01-03-2007, 11:11 AM
STOP!!

I'd go to any one of the ones listed in Frank's post :D

Captain Chaos
01-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Buds Creek, MD (MIR) - SDAC-2
Cinncinatti, OH - SDAC15

my guesses. just guesses.

firebaron90
01-03-2007, 12:23 PM
I am thinking Pittsburgh area.......just my gut here.

DodgeZ
01-03-2007, 12:25 PM
I am down with some FL or OH

Frank
01-03-2007, 12:50 PM
I am hoping for Carlisle to Pittsburgh... I need to hit a wedding in Carlisle on the 23rd. However Budds Creek would be sweet, however unlikely because I might know about it since I live 25miles away. ;) However unless you put the hotel over in VA, I dont recommend Budds Creek because there just isnt good hotels in St. Mary's County for both rates and get away with being noisy. Hotel rates are just really inflated because of all the DoD work that goes on around here.

Frank

briceturbosports
01-03-2007, 01:45 PM
its not walkins glen new york barry and i have talked about it the glen is like 12500.00 a day i don't think thats going to happen
:lol:

Frank
01-03-2007, 01:55 PM
New list of order of probability based on statements ;)

Pittsburgh, PA
Kalamazoo, MI
Salem, Ohio
Walkins Glen (area), New York
Buds Creek, MD (MIR) - SDAC2
Cinncinatti, OH - SDAC15
Miami, FL

Memphis, TN
San Diego, California
Anchorage, Alaska
Las Vegas, Nevada
Centerville, TN

j4278h
01-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Kalamazoo has tons of hotels and the ones off Kilgore Ave usually are the main spot for the Hot Rod and customs group that has a major show here once a year. These hotels have a very tolerant towards burnout contests/ noise throughout the night.

Buds Creek
Cinncinati
have already hosted 1 sdac time for a new one.

BadAssPerformance
01-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Kalamazoo has tons of hotels and the ones off Kilgore Ave usually are the main spot for the Hot Rod and customs group that has a major show here once a year. These hotels have a very tolerant towards burnout contests/ noise throughout the night.

Buds Creek
Cinncinati
have already hosted 1 sdac time for a new one.

There have been a couple in Maryland and I would expect a return to Cinci in the future. Part of the location picked is (sometimes not always) determined by how many SDAC members live there and how active the SDAC Chapter is there.

j4278h
01-03-2007, 04:38 PM
even better kalamazoo is almost directly between chicago and detroit which are headquarters for the 2 larger sdac chapters right?

Chicago chapter
Great lakes chapter

devlish
01-03-2007, 05:24 PM
what about Norwalk raceway?? maybe a little too big/pricey for this event?

pokadot1
01-03-2007, 06:50 PM
I just hope there is an auto-x next year. This will be my 1st year back after a few years. Somebody needs to put Angelo back in his place in the ET drags also.

I'll take that angelo challenge best 3 out of 5 runs switch cars after each pass. plus I'll run him in the auto-x I know I can take him there.:eyebrows: I'm old but still have some win's left in me, what you think:thumb:
Cliff Sebring

sdac guy
01-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Hey Cliff, good to see you here!! :thumb: :thumb:

Barry

pokadot1
01-03-2007, 07:27 PM
We rent the track we use. We like for our folks to have the track to ourselves so we can run a full race program. If we went in on a weekend like the annual Cecil outing, we would just end up with whatever they organized for the public.

SDAC-13 which did use Cecil, was not a successful SDAC from either the attendance or monetary point of view, and the drag racing fees just barely paid for the track rental.

That is why SDAC doesn't consider Cecil as a "home" track for future SDAC's.

Barry

Barry Has a great point money is what keeps this annual fun going.
SDAC 13 was just not very good for me, for what ever the reason. Job Change, no time off, ect. Local's just did not come out in the force like they could have. Maybe it was too hot or the wrong weekend?
I would bet money that if DV-SDAC had a second chance they could "get-r-dun" and have a great event.
I have raced Quaker city, Pittsburg dragway and Thomspon. In what I have read and seen, I think SDAC Pittsburg area members can put on a good show. I think they should be high on the list for the event in 07 or 08.

I hope we pick a weekend I can come out and Play ,My new toy, 1986 GLHS #481 needs to blow the dust off and have fun.
Cliff Sebring

BadAssPerformance
01-03-2007, 08:21 PM
... I hope we pick a weekend I can come out and Play ,My new toy, 1986 GLHS #481 needs to blow the dust off and have fun.
Cliff Sebring

The location is open, but the week is already (95%) picked Cliff, starting the weekend after fathers day. You just gotta keep it open! :thumb:

pokadot1
01-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey Cliff, good to see you here!! :thumb: :thumb:

Barry

Hey good to here from you too. Darn glad to be here, I have been shelby less too long. "Got SSSSSS" is covered in the garage waiting for the spring's good weather. I really like her. Only one small set back, was her trans was noisy so after 5 miles of driving around the block I put her on the lift. The trans took 2 qt's of fluid and still was not full, ouch. Real glad I did not try to drive her home from chi town.Sooo, Since I have not owned a 525 that did not leak, I get what I expected. I hope it holds up. I hope to put her back to "stock looking", and just have fun.
Cliff
1986 GLHS 481

BIG PSI
01-03-2007, 10:11 PM

Pittsburgh, PA
Kalamazoo, MI
Salem, Ohio
Cinncinatti, OH - SDAC15
Miami, FL

Memphis, TN
San Diego, California
Anchorage, Alaska
Las Vegas, Nevada
Centerville, TN

If SDAC comes to Quaker City in Salem, Ohio; I will be willing to do most of the legwork for you BARRY. Just let me know.

Regards
Chuck

GLHS592
01-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Centerville, TN

:lol: And I was thinking about building a drag strip in my back yard.

DodgeZ
01-03-2007, 10:46 PM
I am game for greenville SC

slasky
01-03-2007, 10:51 PM
I would think Miami would be out too.

mcglsr2
01-04-2007, 01:46 AM
gah, not miami! what about us florida folks? :) there's a lot of subies, evos, and fart-pipe-equiped hondas with the front hub caps removed that need a good learning around here!

turbovanmanČ
01-04-2007, 05:17 AM
San Diego would have been nice, I could have easily made that, :D

Frank
01-04-2007, 08:41 AM
I am not saying it is out.... just very low probability. I am just posting stuff based on his public comments.

bradp
01-04-2007, 08:52 AM
Hey Cliff,

Nice to hear you're still around. I think we can both easily take Angelo on the Auto-X. But I think the ET's are a toss up. I plan on going this year no matter what.

R/T
01-04-2007, 01:53 PM
SDAC POWERS ACTIVATE!!!! :p

firebaron90
01-04-2007, 04:06 PM
I would bet money that if DV-SDAC had a second chance they could "get-r-dun" and have a great event.

Yeah and maybe If we had the green light to do the leg work sometime before march, we could have done it right the first time.

sdac guy
01-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Yeah and maybe If we had the green light to do the leg work sometime before march, we could have done it right the first time. The DV folks did a commendable job planning and working the event, and they did a good job working in our normal time frame.

SDAC-13 had nearly all the events folks wanted. We didn't have a road course, but we did have an autocross. The event was centered in one of our most populus membership areas, but even with that, people just didn't come to it (for whatever reasons). And that was the only real problem we had with SDAC-13.

Barry

DodgeZ
01-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Barry what events are you planing this year? Auto-X, Drag racing, and car show?

Mario
01-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Milan! :)

sdac guy
01-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Barry what events are you planing this year? Auto-X, Drag racing, and car show?Car show and drags are a given, auto-x only if we can find a place and get it set up for a reasonable price (much depends on the local SCCA folks cooperation, which we couldn't get for SDAC-15). Since we are still working on the site issue, it really is way too early to say anything about plans.

Barry

GLHSKEN
01-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Just let the OVC know when you want to come back to Cincy... We're primed and ready.

DodgeZ
01-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Just let the OVC know when you want to come back to Cincy... We're primed and ready.

That could be a good event!

GLHS592
01-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Just let the OVC know when you want to come back to Cincy...

I vote we have it in Cincy every year.

BadAssPerformance
01-04-2007, 08:35 PM
I used to think it would be cool to have it in teh saem spot every year, but it is kinda cool to let it move around to see different places. Besides, the chapter that hosts it deserves a break after doing it!

shadow88
01-04-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm hoping for michigan.

pokadot1
01-05-2007, 02:29 PM
The location is open, but the week is already (95%) picked Cliff, starting the weekend after fathers day. You just gotta keep it open! :thumb:

Gee that's the only weekend in june I can't come. NSCA is at Cecil county that weekend.
Drats
Cliff

Captain Chaos
01-05-2007, 04:12 PM

Pittsburgh, PA
Kalamazoo, MI
Salem, Ohio
Cinncinatti, OH - SDAC15
Miami, FL

Memphis, TN
San Diego, California
Anchorage, Alaska
Las Vegas, Nevada
Centerville, TN

Miami and summer.:yuck: 100*with 110% humidity

DodgeZ
01-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Miami and summer.:yuck: 100*with 110% humidity

It has been hot and nasty at EVERY sdac I've been to no matter where it is... There is a beach there :eyebrows:

Turbodave
01-05-2007, 04:46 PM
It has been hot and nasty at EVERY sdac I've been to no matter where it is... There is a beach there :eyebrows:

:amen: We could have SDAC in Alaska in January and it would still be 100deg.

DodgeZ
01-05-2007, 04:53 PM
:amen: We could have SDAC in Alaska in January and it would still be 100deg.

only if you go because you are so hot!

Captain Chaos
01-05-2007, 05:02 PM

Maybe, but you don't know hot until you've experienced a humid hot. :nod:

Turbodave
01-05-2007, 05:32 PM
only if you go because you are so hot!

It's due to the way my bald head magnifies the sun's energy, JT and I are personally responsible for this planets global warming. To make matters worse when either of us sweat we produce hot sauce, furthering the issue.

BadAssPerformance
01-05-2007, 06:15 PM
It's due to the way my bald head magnifies the sun's energy, JT and I are personally responsible for this planets global warming. To make matters worse when either of us sweat we produce hot sauce, furthering the issue.

LOL, damn, I thought the government said we couldnt tell anyone? ;)

Mario
01-05-2007, 06:25 PM
I thought you guys just did that for your helmets.

DodgeZ
01-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Maybe, but you don't know hot until you've experienced a humid hot. :nod:

I lived in West Palm Beach for 20 years. I know what the weather is like down there. :thumb: I've been to Kansas and Vegas in the summer. It sucks just as bad just sucks a different way.

BadAssPerformance
01-06-2007, 10:27 AM
I thought you guys just did that for your helmets.

LOL, it does help, but nature started it for me a decade ago! ;)

Captain Chaos
01-06-2007, 10:46 AM
I lived in West Palm Beach for 20 years. I know what the weather is like down there. :thumb: I've been to Kansas and Vegas in the summer. It sucks just as bad just sucks a different way.

:nod: Then you know exactly.:thumb:

supercrackerbox
01-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Being from Nebraska, I see it all. We'll go from 112* with 90% humidity in the summer to -30* in the winter. Or sometimes even vice versa. Last year we had an average temperature of 60* all thru January, and then the worst blizzard in 5 years on the first day of spring. When my brother and I flew to San Diego for Lollapalooza a few years back, we were laughing at the SoCalers because they thought it was hot. When I showed up for the dyno pulls at SDAC-15 several people balked at me because I was dressed in all black. Believe me, there's nothing you can throw at me that I can't handle. ;)

Turbodave
01-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Believe me, there's nothing you can throw at me that I can't handle. ;)

Is that a dare? :nod:

supercrackerbox
01-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Could be . . .

MOPAR2YA
01-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Cincy was a good time, but Id imagine we'd have to find a different hotel... It was Reeves and Donovan on the big wheel that almost got us kicked out..:nod: No way was it the burnouts...:partywoot:

BadAssPerformance
01-18-2007, 12:35 AM
Cincy was a good time, but Id imagine we'd have to find a different hotel... It was Reeves and Donovan on the big wheel that almost got us kicked out..:nod: No way was it the burnouts...:partywoot:

If we want to do burnouts, we have to go back to Memphis... That Hotel Kickedass. Dave brought the SDAC-12 video to our January SDAC-Chicago meeting :thumb:

btw, was that your million mile CTD Ram? ;)

MOPAR2YA
01-18-2007, 11:01 AM
That was it, but shurely I wasnt behind the wheel doing burnouts. bad thing was about 100 miles after I left there my trans started venting pressure like a geiser through the shift boot and got stuck in 4th gear. Somehow I lost alot of oil from the trans, so I hobbled it for a while until I got pulled over and dumped in everything I had, gear oil, engine oil and some powersteering fluid, drove it back to Kansas with only fourth gear.

Did you get everything fixed up after the blown engine at Topeka?

Captain Chaos
01-18-2007, 11:08 AM
I dumped in everything I had, gear oil, engine oil and some powersteering fluid, drove it back to Kansas with only fourth gear.

Thats MOPAR style. Ma Mopar takin the abuse to get ya where you need to be.:thumb:

BadAssPerformance
01-18-2007, 11:18 AM
That was it, but shurely I wasnt behind the wheel doing burnouts. bad thing was about 100 miles after I left there my trans started venting pressure like a geiser through the shift boot and got stuck in 4th gear. Somehow I lost alot of oil from the trans, so I hobbled it for a while until I got pulled over and dumped in everything I had, gear oil, engine oil and some powersteering fluid, drove it back to Kansas with only fourth gear.

Did you get everything fixed up after the blown engine at Topeka?

Bummer about the trans, but it got ya home!

unfortunately I have not touched the car since I brought it home yet :(

btw, thanks again for the tow back to the trailer! :thumb:

DC Turismo
01-19-2007, 01:02 AM
HAHA The big wheel! I remember walking up to that gas station to get ice cream and hearing them ride down that hill from clear up there! lol..

slasky
01-19-2007, 09:09 AM
HAHA The big wheel! I remember walking up to that gas station to get ice cream and hearing them ride down that hill from clear up there! lol..

I remember the ramp we set up so Ken's son could jump the curb at the end of the parking lot and go down the hill.

firebaron90
01-19-2007, 11:49 AM

I have video of that somewhere......It was actually Jon Jon who was the psyco on the big wheel, trying to do 720 deg spin outs......hehehe. We should have used someone's car to tow the bigwheel at speed down that hill!

the burnouts could have been better if more people did them! geez it was like pulling teeth. We got the papa john's delivery guy in the neon, and the tart in the peg leged mustang to show everyone up!;)

joe

Frank
01-19-2007, 11:51 AM
We need that video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank
01-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Barry,
Are the dates still going to be in June with Carslie being the weekend of July 7th now? The only reason I ask, is it makes things way easier if SDAC was the following weekend starting on say Thursday instead running thru Sunday or Monday?

Just an idea.

Frank

firebaron90
01-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Here we have the hill in the backround, and the guy in the peg legged mustang.....

sdac guy
01-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Barry,
Are the dates still going to be in June with Carslie being the weekend of July 7th now? The only reason I ask, is it makes things way easier if SDAC was the following weekend starting on say Thursday instead running thru Sunday or Monday?

Just an idea.

FrankYes, I have given out the dates of June 23-26 to too many folks who are planning vacation time to change anything now.

I really do want to stay away from the July 4th weekend, that was the original reason to start on the weekend after Father's Day. I do realize that with this schedule Carlisle follows us by only 2-3 weeks, but that's life. :eyebrows:

Barry

Frank
01-19-2007, 12:49 PM
No problem!

85shelbycharger
01-21-2007, 11:19 AM
[I]
the burnouts could have been better if more people did them! geez it was like pulling teeth. We got the papa john's delivery guy in the neon, and the tart in the peg leged mustang to show everyone up!;)

joe

Yeah there weren't that many doing burnouts, but I did manage to convince Brian to get his K-car out there! I even got to ride shotgun for his burnout :evil: Anyone have video of that?

GLHSKEN
01-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Cincy was a good time, but Id imagine we'd have to find a different hotel...

Not true.. The hotel really liked us!!! we had the Garrison building all to ourselves.. our own pool.... Most I've seen a pool used at SDAC (oh yea... the other hotels the pools were BRO-KEN!!!)

Weather in CIncy is hit and miss. The week before SDAC, the weather was in the high 70's low 80's and not really humid... We just timed it wrong...

sdac guy
01-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Not true.. The hotel really liked us!!! ...Yep! I got reports from various folks during the event that the hotel had people out watching us (and even video taping us). When I went to check out, I knew I was going to talk to the motel sales manager that I had been dealing with all along, so I was a little paranoid and ready to apologize.

When I started to apologize she told me the management wasn't aware of any wrong doing so no apology was necessary. She then went on to say how thrilled they were to have us and to make sure we stayed with them if we ever came back to Cincy. All's well there! :thumb:

Barry

turbovanmanČ
01-21-2007, 05:01 PM
So is the location decided yet?

So June huh, :o

sdac guy
01-21-2007, 07:51 PM
We are closer to announcing the location than we were a month ago. The announcement will be made first to SDAC members in the online member forums & newsletter, then in the public forums (such as this) last.

Yep, starting Saturday June 23rd.

Tentative schedule will follow our normal routine.

Sat - Registration & check in
Sun - Car show & possibly cruise
Mon - Drag racing & hosp night
Tues or Wed - road rally and/or autocross
Final night will be our awards night.

Barry

Frank
01-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Sweetness!

BIG PSI
01-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Looking foward to hearing the WORD

Chuck

Captain Chaos
01-22-2007, 11:59 AM
The announcement will be made first to SDAC members in the online member forums & newsletter,
Barry

WOOT! Sounds like a newsletter is coming down the pike.:thumb:

j4278h
01-22-2007, 01:28 PM
still holding my breath for

KALAMAZOO, MICHIGAN

I'm starting to turn blue over here.

firebaron90
01-22-2007, 01:50 PM
Go pittsburgh/maryland!!!!

supercrackerbox
01-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Go pittsburgh/maryland!!!!

Now that would be a long drive for me . . .

:thumb:

BadAssPerformance
01-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Maybe we should determine the location by whoever wins the Superbowl? and only IF there is a local and active SDAC Chapter there to support it! :D

mcglsr2
01-22-2007, 08:52 PM
miami!!! ...big money, big money, no whami, no whami... :)

GLHS592
01-22-2007, 09:24 PM
I vote Cincy again!

firebaron90
01-22-2007, 11:06 PM
East coast! east coast!! Whhhhooooot!;)

BIGBRUDDA
01-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Some where with cheap airfares from the west coast.:thumb: So all those guys can fly in and ride shotgun or rent Kia's.:evil:

2.216VTurbo
01-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Some where with cheap airfares from the west coast.:thumb: So all those guys can fly in and ride shotgun or rent Kia's.:evil:

I have the trailer all lined up and hope to have my new tow rig by June...

Did someone already vote for Vegas:D ?

sdac guy
01-23-2007, 03:23 PM
..... Did someone already vote for Vegas:D ?Yep, I did, sort of ... From my post (#86):

:D :D

Barry

turbovanmanČ
01-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Vegas would be sweet, good chance I could make that, :thumb:

LynX853
01-24-2007, 12:25 AM
go VA/MD!!

the best track on the east coast IS there... maryland international raceway! www.mirdrag.com

also wouldn''t mind PA

Frank
01-24-2007, 12:36 AM
MIR is slow compared to Cecil.

85shelbycharger
01-29-2007, 07:27 PM
I've got to decide which car I am going to want to take to SDAC this year :eek:

turbovanmanČ
01-29-2007, 07:30 PM
I just wish we would know soon so things can be booked, fixed etc. If its in June, were down to 4months, not much time, :(

BadAssPerformance
01-29-2007, 07:38 PM
It is the end of June tho, so more like 5 months :thumb:

WVRampage
01-29-2007, 08:03 PM
I still vote for PA.Just because there is no track in WV.

DC Turismo
01-30-2007, 01:21 AM
Wherever it is, I will be there this year! Although I'll be there with my Daytona instead of the Turismo... she's in retirement while I plot ways to give Kev (:number1: ) a run for his money! haha ;) :eyebrows: :bounce: Although, it may be a couple of years before the showdown can take place!

Captain Chaos
01-30-2007, 11:08 AM
because there is no track in WV.

What happened to Kanawaha Valley dragway, Sissonville speedway, or Summit Point raceway?

contraption22
01-30-2007, 11:39 AM
What happened to Kanawaha Valley dragway, Sissonville speedway, or Summit Point raceway?

I am unfamiliar with the other locations, but Summit Point does not have a dragstrip.

Pat
01-30-2007, 01:24 PM
MIR is slow compared to Cecil.

Every track is slow compared to Cecil!

BadAssPerformance
01-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Every track is slow compared to Cecil!

Why, is it 1310 feet long? ;)

sdac guy
01-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Why, is it 1310 feet long? ;)No, it isn't short, it is slightly downhill. :D j/k

Barry

Mike_Shepard
01-30-2007, 02:01 PM
Im good for just about anywhere as long as it aint the end of july my wife is due at that time

Frank
01-30-2007, 02:05 PM
No, it isn't short, it is slightly downhill. :D j/k

Barry

It is downhill. hehehe

Frank

Captain Chaos
01-30-2007, 02:22 PM
I am unfamiliar with the other locations, but Summit Point does not have a dragstrip.

Yeah I know, but he didn't specify dragstrip. I think the first one is a round track only, but I may be mistaken.

Mike_Shepard
01-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Now that could be interesting, A bunch of TD's running an oval. Nascar watch out hehe

shmedley
01-31-2007, 02:01 AM

Barry

That sounds like Bryon out here. Plus when you are going down the track you feel like you are in Springfield from the Simpson's because you can see the cooling tower from a nearby nuclear power plant!

BadAssPerformance
01-31-2007, 04:20 AM

Barry

LOL, now that you mention that I do remember noticing that from SDAC-13... and my Shadow did run 13.00's at 105mph in 106F track temps!

BadAssPerformance
01-31-2007, 04:21 AM
That sounds like Bryon out here. Plus when you are going down the track you feel like you are in Springfield from the Simpson's because you can see the cooling tower from a nearby nuclear power plant!

LOL... Only local track I have not raced at and everyone says it looks like it is downhill!

supercrackerbox
01-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Wherever it is, I will be there this year! Although I'll be there with my Daytona instead of the Turismo... she's in retirement while I plot ways to give Kev (:number1: ) a run for his money! haha ;) :eyebrows: :bounce: Although, it may be a couple of years before the showdown can take place!

Well hopefully I'll see you there, and if so, I'll have my L-body this time. And believe me, I'd love to give Kevin a run for his money too, but likewise, it won't be this year. :(

Dave
01-31-2007, 12:22 PM
Simon, you're coming for sure?? :cool:

I'm trying to make money fast so I don't come with another slow car to SDAC. In Cincy. my Spirit was slow as hell. That didn't stop me from contributing to the burnouts. :eyebrows:

Barry, has anybody ever really slammed us for doing burnouts?? I remember in Cincy the cops showed up. I almost got Bruce to take his CTD out to light 'em up. :(

sdac guy
01-31-2007, 01:53 PM
Barry, has anybody ever really slammed us for doing burnouts?? I remember in Cincy the cops showed up. I almost got Bruce to take his CTD out to light 'em up. :( We've never got a "hard" complaint. Sometimes the night guy at the motel desk isn't clued in and panics but the management has never contacted me. My policy on it has been that as long as folks keep it safe and nobody complains to me, I don't care. But as soon as I get a complaint, or if the motel management calls the police, or complains directly to the participants then it must stop.

At SDAC-14 there were a few different events going on at the motel on Saturday night, a wedding reception, and a Navy reunion. The drunks from both those events caused quite a rucus in the parking lot for which the motel desk guy blamed us. When I got someone to check it out, we found out our guys were actually the only calm and quiet ones there.

I did get reports from our own people that at Cincy there were a couple of our folks driving way too fast in the parking lot, showing off, and almost hit some parked cars. If I ever witness such activity those folks may as well pack it up and go home, as they will not be allowed into any of our events for the rest of the meet. Fun can be had and still be safe, but when that line is crossed and someone becomes a threat to personal safety or property then they will be banned from the event (at the minimum).

Barry

turbovanmanČ
01-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Simon, you're coming for sure?? :cool:

I would like to but location, money etc will play a big role. Will Martin says he's coming so it would be nice if we could convoy but again, we need the location, :eyebrows:

1FastCSX289
01-31-2007, 03:19 PM
I would like to but location, money etc will play a big role. Will Martin says he's coming so it would be nice if we could convoy but again, we need the location, :eyebrows:

So.......when will we know a location? Its getting close enough that we need to start putting in for vacation time! :thumb:

slasky
01-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Its getting close enough that we need to start putting in for vacation time! :thumb:

Putting in for vacation time?

Last time I checked we both had summers off.:thumb:

Dave
01-31-2007, 03:32 PM

I need put mine in soon.

Wherever it is... it will be a sexy time. ;)

sdac guy
01-31-2007, 03:48 PM
So.......when will we know a location? Its getting close enough that we need to start putting in for vacation time! :thumb:

The dates for sure are June 23-26. I will be announcing the location in the next Up Front in a week or so. I will also be announcing the location in the members only forums and on the SDAC mailing list in the next day or two.

We do have a host hotel already, so that sort of makes it solid. Stay tuned, film at 11.

Barry

turbovanmanČ
01-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Awesome, good to hear, :partywoot:

supercrackerbox
01-31-2007, 05:22 PM
Stay tuned, film at 11.

Barry

Page 11?

;)

Marcus86GLHS
01-31-2007, 05:49 PM
i am crossing my fingers for pittsburg (or even closer to CT). please let us know asap because it will effect our other summer plans.

DC Turismo
01-31-2007, 09:48 PM
Awesome, good to hear, :partywoot:

+1 !! :bounce2: :partywoot: :bounce2:
It's like Christmas Eve all over again!

BadAssPerformance
01-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Anyone want to bet? ;)

sdac guy
01-31-2007, 10:09 PM
Anyone want to bet? ;)C'mon leave a little suspense in it. After all in a day or two all the members online will know, and then it will be a couple weeks before we make a public announcement. So once all our members here know then they can come back and say to the others

Na na na na na I know and you don't! :lol:

Barry

BadAssPerformance
01-31-2007, 10:16 PM
LOL, thats cool.. and if someone wants to bet, come 3 days from now I can say "I bet I know where SDAC -17 is gonna be and you don't!" LOL

1FastCSX289
01-31-2007, 11:37 PM

Last time I checked we both had summers off.:thumb:

Shhhhhh. Im just trying to come up with reasons why we need a loc. NOW!

WVRampage
02-01-2007, 08:19 AM

1/8 mile and just a close to go to pittsburgh for me.

Captain Chaos
02-01-2007, 10:39 AM
So once all our members here know then they can come back and say to the others

Na na na na na I know and you don't! :lol:

Barry

Is there a secret forum on here for national members like on TD.com? If so can you add me to be allowed to see it. If you need to check me to your registry, my name is Sean Haning. TIA.:thumb:

j4278h
02-01-2007, 11:00 AM
I'll bet one mistu turbo that its in kalamazoo, mi. Turbo to be picked up in person no shipping.

sdac guy
02-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Is there a secret forum on here for national members like on TD.com? If so can you add me to be allowed to see it. If you need to check me to your registry, my name is Sean Haning. TIA.:thumb:Ooops ... I had the instructions on how to join the SDAC Members Forum in another thread on here, but I deleted it because much of the other stuff in it was outdated. Sorry.

So I just made a new thread with instructions on how to get access to the SDAC Members Only forum.

As stated in that thread, the board software will not allow me to add anyone that has not made the request from their own User CP.

Barry

BadAssPerformance
02-01-2007, 02:16 PM
I'll bet one mistu turbo that its in kalamazoo, mi. Turbo to be picked up in person no shipping.

I'll take that bet, but if I win, that it is not in K-zoo, you gotta come shovel my driveway and bring the mitsu turbo with... Can we lock in on this bet now? ;)

j4278h
02-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Sure but if i'm right you have to buy my 87 csx :)

BadAssPerformance
02-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Sure but if i'm right you have to buy my 87 csx :)

If you deliver and for the right price I will take everything '87 CSX you have ;)

turbovanmanČ
02-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Vegas baby, :partywoot: :rockon: :bounce2: :bounce2: :wave1:

85shelbycharger
02-01-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm with Simon, Viva Las Vegas!!!
:banaride: :dancingbana: :bounce2: :partywoot: :bounce2: :dancingbana: :banaride:

slasky
02-01-2007, 07:52 PM
North East!!!11!!!1111!!1111:rockon: :rockon: :banaride: :banaride: :dancingbana: :dancingbana: :bounce: :bounce2: :wow1: :wow1:

vxvxAndrewxvxv
02-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Kalamazoo!!!!

BadAssPerformance
02-03-2007, 04:54 PM
I've got $1 that says K-zoo is out of the running ;)

I've also got $20 that says the Bears are gonna win! :thumb:

j4278h
02-04-2007, 04:40 PM
IF its not kalamazoo, then GO COLTS and Ditka should be put in a tutu and singing i'm a little teapot

Dave
02-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Tell us! :D

slasky
02-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Tell us! :D

You could always just join SDAC and find out.

SDAC member

I
I
I
I
V

j4278h
02-05-2007, 01:04 PM
well, looks like have of my threat came thru now time to buy a tutu and find Dikta's home.

Now where is that home for the elderly and dimwitted. I'm sure the Bears fans know where its at.

DC Turismo
02-05-2007, 01:04 PM
:clap2: :clap2: Not only would you know already, but you'd be helpin' out the largest organization that brings TD/SD enthusiasts together! :thumb: If it wasn't for members joining SDAC, we wouldn't even have conventions!

SDAC member ( + 1)

I
I
I
I
V

sdac guy
02-05-2007, 01:28 PM
While we have made the announcement to SDAC members in the private online forums, it will be about March 1 before we make a public announcement on the location.

This gives us a chance to notify all our members (via newsletter) and to make sure the motel info and contacts are working properly.

Barry

sdac guy
02-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Since I wasn't exactly clear on how members can gain access to the Members Only forum here, and I have received a few PM's regarding it, this thread has the directions on how to do get access:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11227

Follow the directions in the post #1 in that thread.

Sorry for the confusion.

Barry

DodgeZ
02-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I've got $1 that says K-zoo is out of the running ;)

I've also got $20 that says the Bears are gonna win! :thumb:

Well hook me up with 20 bucks then loser!

BadAssPerformance
02-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Well hook me up with 20 bucks then loser!

You gotta bet before the game is played homo! ;)

DodgeZ
02-05-2007, 02:49 PM
You gotta bet before the game is played homo! ;)

Who is betting? I just want the money!

BadAssPerformance
02-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Who is betting? I just want the money!

LOL... me too ;)

Dave
02-11-2007, 10:18 AM

I can't afford it. :D My van keeps breaking. :p

BadAssPerformance
02-11-2007, 10:24 AM
I can't afford it. :D My van keeps breaking. :p

What do you mean, you just got a big insurance check!? ;)

Join up! Do it, Do it!

85shelbycharger
02-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Join up! Do it, Do it!

:clap2: :partywoot: :clap2:

DC Turismo
02-13-2007, 05:34 PM
Join up! Do it, Do it!

+1

$30 for a membership is pennies when considering the amount of money we spend on parts throughout the year!

BadAssPerformance
02-14-2007, 12:52 AM
+1

$30 for a membership is pennies when considering the amount of money we spend on parts throughout the year!

Great point, that is soooo true!

altered7151
02-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Anyone want to spill the beans on where its going to be held? Earlier I know when/where the better the chance I can try to plan on being there. How about someone just let us know if its east or west of the rockies?

Frank
02-14-2007, 01:15 PM
There are tons of clues in this thread as to possible locations. It should be public within the next 2 weeks or so. Barry will punch people in the face if they spilled the beans. ;)

Pittsburgh, PA
Kalamazoo, MI
Salem, Ohio
Cinncinatti, OH - SDAC15
Miami, FL

Memphis, TN
San Diego, California
Anchorage, Alaska
Las Vegas, Nevada
Centerville, TN

contraption22
02-14-2007, 01:29 PM
I know where it is... Big Bone Lick, KY. Just a few short miles from Big Beaver Lick. The autocross will be held in the parking lot of the Big Bone Lick Baptist Church.

j4278h
02-14-2007, 01:31 PM
And since the Colts destroyed the Bears, kalamazoo is no longer in the running

85shelbycharger
02-14-2007, 01:44 PM
I still think that Vegas would be fun :partywoot:

Mike_Shepard
02-14-2007, 01:48 PM
I know but since im new to the SDAC club I'll keep it quiet...

Just a short drive for me though

mcsvt
02-14-2007, 01:51 PM
I thought the news letters were coming out soon? Once they are out then the general mass will most likely be updated :)

But I know where it is as well :D

BadAssPerformance
02-14-2007, 02:22 PM
And since the Colts destroyed the Bears, kalamazoo is no longer in the running

Easy there k-zoo, you a Lions fan? ;)

BadAssPerformance
02-14-2007, 02:24 PM
I still think that Vegas would be fun :partywoot:

Me too! I hope thats it!

I am currently trying to plan another trip to vegas.

DC Turismo
02-14-2007, 04:00 PM
I've never been to Vegas but I'll go out there if SDAC is out there, win a ton of money on the slots, then on my way back home swing up into South Dakota and buy the brand new CSX with my winnings! :) :)

Sounds like a plan ot me!

But yes, everyone would know if you were members of the national club. You would've known a couple weeks ago and can have your vacation time and everything planned out by now and would be worry free.

Marcus86GLHS
02-14-2007, 05:29 PM
one of the reasons why the classic Mopar Nationals has been so successful, and has had such great attendance, is that the location has essentially been the same ever year (with the exception of those few years at Indy)...the location was picked for its central location in terms of ownership of the cars, and the fact it is in same spot allows folks to plan well ahead.......in my opinion the SDAC should adopt a similiar tactic. pick a good central location and hold an annual national event there every year.

changing SDAC locations each year, then holding it a mystery until march, is not the best way to go, in my opinion. that being said, i do appreciate and understand why SDAC moves the event around.

i doubt i will ever attend an SDAC convention with this procedure.

BadAssPerformance
02-14-2007, 06:28 PM
...i doubt i will ever attend an SDAC convention with this procedure.

OK. Just curious why you would not because of the moving locations? What if it was in Maryland again like it has been a couple times before?

MOPAR2YA
02-14-2007, 06:32 PM
We have to rove around like a band of Gypsies, because they will be on to us if we show up twice in a row... Im guessing Cincy or Pittsburg this year. i like Cincy, it closer..

BadAssPerformance
02-14-2007, 06:33 PM
I though the same thing. Memphis still has a cloud of your diesel smoke over it, LOL... ;)