PDA

View Full Version : Heckled a Cobalt SS showcar tonight!! LOL!!

BARRON
10-09-2006, 07:43 PM
W00000T! This was AWESOME! I am still shaking!

OK. My van is an 89 Dodge Caravan stock EVERYTHING except a converted Garrett T1 bolted on. Stock exhause,airbox,paper filter.. the whole deal.
Tonight I had one rear seat in it too along with old plug wires and 6 year old plugs! lol! :o

I took my van into town tonight to give one of my friends a ride. We took a small ride across town.. giving it little rips on the back streets. He was impressed. We drove around behind the highschool,(BIG PARKING LOT)and layed a strip.

When we went to pull out to the exit..down the street comes a car thats been visiting from Ontario for a few days. a 2006 Cobalt SS. ALL RICED TO THE GILLS! Rims,wing,neons,body kit..and blond girlfriend in the pass. seat. THIS COULD NOT BE MORE PERFECT!! HAHA!! My passanger buddy knows of the guy.

So I pull behind him,traffic passes and we swing right. I jump his bumper a couple times..just to let him know I was there.. you GOTTA get obvious in a minivan people!! We kinda roll down through town.. I hammer it and pass him..PRETTY FAST.. I let off at his window so he can hear the" PTSSHHHHHHH!!!" He gets on my bumper and does the high lights thing and I floor it.. he drops back a bit but not too bad. I slow down and eventually it comes.. I see the headlights lurch and swing out.. I floor it but he passes me nicely. This car is QUICK no doubt.

So we get out of town on a long swing up river. We wait at the intersection. Trafic passes and off we go. I am right on his bumper..till my van leans on the turn and lights up the pass side tire. I loose a WHOLE carlength because of this. We QUICKLY run it up to 130Kmh(80mph)Speed limit is 80Kmh(50mph). By this time he has put about 4-5+ carlengths on me LOL! BUT man! My passager was IMPRESSED!! He said man.. you know that guy has over $10K in that car?!!

Then he said the obvious. "He didnt pull you NEARLY as bad as I thought he would!!" HAHAAA!! :thumb:

Muffler..paper filter, 7 psi and a bench seat.

WAIT till I get this intercooled and running 10-13psi! W00T! ..and 3" free flow exhaust! NOT the factory muffler. :evil:

Birddog
10-09-2006, 08:38 PM
W00000T!

Then he said the obvious. "He didnt pull you NEARLY as bad as I thought he would!!" HAHAAA!! :thumb:

Muffler..paper filter, 7 psi and a bench seat.

WAIT till I get this intercooled and running 10-13psi! W00T! ..and 3" free flow exhaust! NOT the factory muffler. :evil:

It's a good motivator aint it!:eyebrows:

Rattlesnake
10-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Oh crap, he's hooked on it!:thumb:

mcsvt
10-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Show him some fender next time ;)

BARRON
10-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Hooked?? man this is so SAD!! Thats the most fun I have had for a while!! I was actually all weak n shakey and very TIRED after the adrenalin wore off.

I just need to get the cooler I have here plumbed in. gotta mob a big rig junkyard for couplers off of some delivery trucks or something.

DBB mini
10-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Well, congrats, I'm glad you got the rush out of it. That's what makes it all worthwhile. Now, get your mods done & go do some spankin! :amen:

BARRON
10-09-2006, 11:27 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/420000-420999/420349_119_full.jpg

This is the I/C I am putting into it. Its HALF of one cooler I got out of an International eagle. I welded up end tanks for it myself. Not the most pretty unit but I'll strip the core of paint and call it good.

BARRON
10-14-2006, 12:51 PM
Talkin to one of the local kids. IT WAS SUPERCHARGED! I thought the wing was very noticable.

gvare001
10-15-2006, 02:57 AM
Don't worry about it man. We spank their A@#&^%'s any day of the week.