PDA

View Full Version : 2.4 swapped 99 dakota

Prestige.racing
09-11-2016, 11:13 AM
I bought a 1999 3.9 auto dakota for 60$ off my cousin, the 3.9 was blown up and the truck is a little rough on the body but I couldn't pass it up for 60$. A while back I was at pick and pull looking for parts for a car I was flipping to make some money and while walking threw the small trucks I saw a jeep liberty and like always I looked under the hood to see if it was a 2.4 5spd and sure enough it was. Which is hard to find in a pull it yourself yard around here long story shot I bought the motor and tranny cuz they was having a half off day paid 302$ for both with core charges. The motor and tranny has sat in the garage for about a year but now it's got a home in the dakota. Ok so now for the plans with the truck.

Rebuild the motor with supporting mods to handle good amounts of boost and high revs. H beams, forged pistons, cams the whole nine. As for engine maniagement i will be using megasquirt. For the tranny I will be using a ma5 with the liberty bellhousing. I will be using the stock rear end with welded diff. until it explodes then swapping it for a 8 3/4. As soon as I get some pics I'll upload them. I hope to have the truck done by April next year.

A.J.
09-18-2016, 10:29 AM
Sounds interesting. I'm guessing you don't have emissions testing in Ohio since you're doing away with OBD II and going MegaSquirt. I'd like to do a more modern build but here in Maricopa County we have emissions testing so I'm stuck building pre OBD II cars.