PDA

View Full Version : I'm STILL trying to get my SL to Wichita!

Zorin
08-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Well, back in March, I was supposed to meet my car in Denver. Luckily, since it's a good friend I am getting the car from, and it has been sitting in inside storage, it hasn't been a big issue.....because, you know, life happens.

He had a scheduling issue. Then my job went absolutely crazy. I work for a company that builds industrial conveyor systems for places like flour mills and ethanol plants. Since I work in the parts department (there's only two of us), everyone wanting parts for their shutdowns has been absolutely crazy.

So, I decided that I want my car. I first decided that I needed a break, and a little windshield time, so I would rent a trailer from Uhaul, and drive out to Utah and pick up my car. After running the numbers on that, I found out that that a transporter would be about half the cost!

So, arrangements are finally being made to get my car picked up in Utah, and trucked out here so that maybe, I can resuscitate this car over the winter. I did find a better picture of it while it was still being driven:
https://s26.postimg.org/qfhu6pzeh/271831_1861009521160_1877109_o.jpg

Wish me luck that we can make it work this time! I am probably the most patient person in the world, and that has been a real lifesaver.

Tim

Wastelands Warrior
08-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Good luck in your quest to get the car home.

Vigo
08-06-2016, 02:30 AM
Hope to read a project log on it soon!

2.216VTurbo
08-06-2016, 04:19 AM
Great plan. You know that guy Reeves with the 9 second 5spd Omni? I believe he does the same work as you do.

Zorin
08-06-2016, 01:10 PM
No, I'm not familiar with him! We could probably share a beer and a few good tales, though!

Great plan. You know that guy Reeves with the 9 second 5spd Omni? I believe he does the same work as you do.

Zorin
08-06-2016, 01:15 PM
Me too, hahaha!

Hope to read a project log on it soon!

iTurbo
08-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Looks like a nice one from here!

I bought an SL near Denver once (#271?) and it was a bad situation. I 'rescued' it out of a junkyard. I was buying it from the friend of a guy I bought my GLH Turbo from. I went down to check it out and paid cash for it and came back to get it the next week..... The guy took my money and disappeared. According to the other employees at the junkyard, the guy was a tweaker and hadn't been back since I bought the car and he wouldn't answer his phone at all. Couldn't get the title at all. I loaded it up anyway and brought it back to Wyoming and parted it out. It was a lot rustier than I had first thought, so it wasn't a huge loss. I was able to fix up my other SL and sell a bunch of parts to other SL owners at least.

I still have my other SL that I bought in '99 in PA (#127). It's been through a few engines and a lot of pizza delivery, but it's just about to hit the road again after sitting for about 6 years. I can't wait to drive it again! That reminds me I really need to update my long forgotten project log.

Zorin
08-07-2016, 08:22 PM
That's definately one of those deals where it turned out sorta good, sorta bad. Good that it was able to save some other cars, bad that it was rusty, and title-less, so it had to be sacrificed. You guys just don't KNOW how bad I want to get to work on this car. I have always wanted an H-body, and never in a million years would have guessed I would have wound up with a numbered Shelby car. This car hasn't run down the road in 6 years or so as well, I'm betting the paint job is a bit worse now than in that picture up top. My wife's been asking a ton of questions, only to get the answer of:

"Well, honey, we'll just have to go over it when it gets here, so we can figure out what needs to be done."

She's getting antsy for it to be here as well.

Tim