PDA

View Full Version : Pre-shaped brake and fuel lines

kvnndvn
07-20-2016, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know if there is a company that has fuel and brake lines already shaped for a 1991 Dodge Shadow?

86Shelby
07-21-2016, 06:09 PM
Classic Tube may have some for our vehicles. IIRC some people have sent them lines to copy.

kvnndvn
07-21-2016, 07:43 PM
Awesome, thank you Sir.

jonnyb
07-22-2016, 09:09 AM
Ugh! I just had this done for the same exact vehicle. I used The Right Stuff in OH. It cost almost $50 to ship my old stuff to them to copy. I knew I should have had them keep my old lines so that they would have a template for others here, and wouldn't have to ask anyone else to ship their stuff! I think it was $210 for all brake lines and they came out really nice.

I priced out all the tubing, flare nuts, and gravel guard and it came to nearly $100. So for the extra $110 to not have to deal with flaring and bending all those lines it was worth it to me.

EDIT: I just noticed you mentioned fuel lines too. They did all my fuel lines as well, but honestly, if I had to do it over, I would do those myself this time. They cost about the same as the brake lines, but aren't nearly as difficult to make (no double flares to deal with) and when I priced the tubing out it would have cost less than $50 for all of it.

Jon

Wastelands Warrior
07-22-2016, 09:20 AM
Ugh! I just had this done for the same exact vehicle. I used The Right Stuff in OH. It cost almost $50 to ship my old stuff to them to copy. I knew I should have had them keep my old lines so that they would have a template for others here, and wouldn't have to ask anyone else to ship their stuff! I think it was $210 for all brake lines and they came out really nice.

I priced out all the tubing, flare nuts, and gravel guard and it came to nearly $100. So for the extra $110 to not have to deal with flaring and bending all those lines it was worth it to me.

EDIT: I just noticed you mentioned fuel lines too. They did all my fuel lines as well, but honestly, if I had to do it over, I would do those myself this time. They cost about the same as the brake lines, but aren't nearly as difficult to make (no double flares to deal with) and when I priced the tubing out it would have cost less than $50 for all of it.

Jon

Definitely the first class way to go.