PDA

View Full Version : Is Paul V. still alive?

altered7151
10-08-2006, 03:22 PM
So has anyone had any kind of correspondence with Paul in the past few months? He did a cal for me and its bad, hits boost cutout at like 2psi. I have one of Shel-game's cal and it works fine, but it sure would be nice to use the cal I paid Paul for. I tried both emailling and calling him and no luck. Starting think I have a really pricey fishing lure on my hands.

turbovanmanČ
10-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Join the long line.

jckrieger
10-08-2006, 03:45 PM
I haven't seen Paul online for probably over a year. Either he blocked me on AIM or he's just gone..

tryingbe
10-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Last I heard he was alive... that was from 3 days ago.

JDAWG
10-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Yea I was all about a TU cal but after watching all these posts, i think shelgame has my back when I build an engine this winter

cordes
10-08-2006, 10:51 PM
+1 for having heard that he is alive fairly recently.

altered7151
10-09-2006, 09:59 PM
So now that we've established that he's alive, anyone talk to him in the past few months, and is he providing any kind of customer service to people with his cals. In retrospect I wish I would have just spent the money on a megasquirt setup.

turbovanmanČ
10-10-2006, 12:50 AM
No support as of yet, I have 2 bum cals. Give Chris W a ring.

Rattlesnake
10-10-2006, 08:05 AM
No support as of yet, I have 2 bum cals. Give Chris W a ring.

Chris can only do so much when it comes to getting in touch with him. I had the same problem but he came thru at the last minute. But one thing I tell you, Paul hit the sweet spot on the engine and also gave me a couple of features that I didn't ask for that came in handy. In other words, it was worth the wait. As far as Chris W.? He is on the same boat we are, that is trying to get in touch with him.

GLHS592
10-10-2006, 09:16 AM
www.sdsefi.com :)

Rattlesnake
10-10-2006, 09:21 AM

That is on my future upgrades:thumb: Thanks for the info:thumb: :thumb:

altered7151
10-10-2006, 10:25 AM

www.msefi.com :)

altered7151
10-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Chris can only do so much when it comes to getting in touch with him. I had the same problem but he came thru at the last minute. But one thing I tell you, Paul hit the sweet spot on the engine and also gave me a couple of features that I didn't ask for that came in handy. In other words, it was worth the wait. As far as Chris W.? He is on the same boat we are, that is trying to get in touch with him.

Yeah I have contacted Chris a couple times and he's been great with everything, but like you said its pretty much out of his hands. I know Paul does good work on the cals, but there comes a point where you have to draw a line in the sand as far as waiting goes. I'm getting pretty tired of of looking at the car in the garage, its not the prettiest thing, but it'd sure look alot better on the track :thumb:

turbovanmanČ
10-10-2006, 11:28 AM

Thats what Chris told me.

Worth the wait? are you kidding? I spent over a year chasing down the fact it wouldn't run over 20 psi of boost and go faster than 14's, I changed everything except the cal, I finally did and ran 13's with ease. I get another chip and it won't run off idle and won't start when cold outside, need to use starter fluid.

Clay
10-10-2006, 11:36 AM
or you can always 'learn to burn!'

altered7151
10-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Thats what Chris told me.

Worth the wait? are you kidding? I spent over a year chasing down the fact it wouldn't run over 20 psi of boost and go faster than 14's, I changed everything except the cal, I finally did and ran 13's with ease. I get another chip and it won't run off idle and won't start when cold outside, need to use starter fluid.

Yeah I feel the same way, got my car all together and it wouldn't boost over 2-3psi. Tore my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong, had no CEL codes so couldn't use it to trouble shoot. Had Rob burn me a new cal and I popped it in with no other changes and it boost right up, granted it seems to be leaning out, but the problem wasn't with the mechanical, it was a bad chip.

As far as "Learning to burn", I figure if I'm going to make the investment in some chips and a burner, as well as learn to use chem and d-cal, for a little more investment I can get a megasquirt setup and learn a system that will work on any car, just not turbo mopars.

MiniMopar
10-10-2006, 02:03 PM
On the flip side...if you have several TDs and you want to do cals for some or all of them, then it is much more cost effective to "learn and burn". Burners can be had for 50 bux or less. Chips are a couple of bucks each on eBay (though they are getting harder to find as DIPs, due to the whole lead-free thing). Then you just need to get your modules socketed or do them yourself if you have the skillz.

cordes
10-10-2006, 09:39 PM
or you can always 'learn to burn!'

+1 I lived in relativly the same area as Paul, but decided to try it on my own rather than trying to meet up with someone every time I wanted to make an adjustment. Also, by my calculations you could be set up to do your own cals for right around $100 if you don't own any of the tools at all.

Anonymous_User
10-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Learn the burn!!

I am FINALLY running the Blueberry. I had accumulated everything and then ran into problem after problem - my socketed LM took a crap, my #4 piston took a crap, etc. Finally, I have all the "other" stuff taken care of and have burned a +40 version of Blueberry. It runs excellent.

The $100 figure is very accurate. You can change anything you want anytime and not have to worry about sending the cal in for an adjustment.

89DaytonaTII
10-10-2006, 10:30 PM
So has anyone had any kind of correspondence with Paul in the past few months? He did a cal for me and its bad, hits boost cutout at like 2psi. I have one of Shel-game's cal and it works fine, but it sure would be nice to use the cal I paid Paul for. I tried both emailling and calling him and no luck. Starting think I have a really pricey fishing lure on my hands.
After waiting almost a year to get my TU cal, it has the exact same 2psi overboost issue, plus the car will barely start with it. Toss in a different chip and the car drives fine.

That was probably 5 months ago and I have not been able to get Paul to reply to anything since.

I just want the proper working TU cal that I paid for. What can we do? I guess I'll just send more e-mails :confused:

John B
10-11-2006, 02:20 PM
So what's the story with Paul? Has anyone had communication from him?

8valves
10-12-2006, 01:39 PM
I can get ahold of him from time to time, he is a very busy person.

People need to know and understand that this issue is OUT OF CHRIS' HANDS. Being so many miles away (AZ to MI) there is only so much that can be done.

Paul's cals ARE worth the wait, regardless of if you personally have had problems with yours. Guess what, stuff happens. It's unfortunate that your cal had an issue, but when it's all said and done the car will run perfectly.

I daily drive 3/4 seasons of the year a taft S3 cam'd, 72pph injector, way big turbo, low compression, crazy pump gas tune car with ZERO issues whatsoever. It starts in 90* heat or 35* cold, idles like a champ, never stalls, never misses, never stutters, never thinks of giving me crap... not to mention every stock function of codes, reading them, and displaying knock on my check engine lamp. All this and I didn't do a single bit of wiring, just plug it in and drive away.

I will try to get Paul to get on here if he can to talk to some people, but I am in no way means a middle man between people and Paul. Please don't contact me thinking I can magically get ahold of him. Thanks.

AM

turbovanmanČ
10-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Thats great Aaron, I am sure there worth the wait but it would be nice to get what I paid for. I used to talk him and I know he can do the job, I just want a good cal. I am glad you have a good one, countless many of us don't.

altered7151
10-12-2006, 02:13 PM
I know Paul does great cals, I've seen him tune on the dyno and what he can do. But to me, having my car sit for months on end because of a bad cal is NOT worth the wait.

90Dodgevnt
10-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Ahh...I've been waiting since he stopped taking orders in the Spring or so. Made up the cal sheet and everything and then *bam*, no more orders.
I am hoping he is back in the game soon enough, but this time I am buying it on day #1, that is, when he is taking cal orders again. :thumb:

MOPAR2YA
10-12-2006, 09:32 PM
How do you custom dyno tune a cal for a guy half way across the country anyway?

altered7151
10-12-2006, 09:49 PM

I'll assume you were referring to my post, but I was at the TU dyno day in southern CA last spring.

turbovanmanČ
10-12-2006, 10:39 PM

Same could be said for FWD's? Not starting a war just stating facts.

Frank
10-13-2006, 06:40 AM
Unacceptable... Wallace your comment doesnt belong here and is blatently starting trouble.

This thread is abotu Paul V being MIA and people wanting their cals. Anything other then that, and posts will be deleted and such.

Thanks!
Frank

8valves
10-13-2006, 06:48 PM
I jus talked with Paul today, he said he may try to get on here and say a few things. He is alive and well, just extremely swamped with his actual job. Hopefully those of you with issues will get them resolved when he is able to catch up on current orders.

AM

turbovanmanČ
10-13-2006, 06:53 PM
I jus talked with Paul today, he said he may try to get on here and say a few things. He is alive and well, just extremely swamped with his actual job. Hopefully those of you with issues will get them resolved when he is able to catch up on current orders.

AM

That is awesome because I know he can do that job, I just want one of those cals, :thumb:

Bubba
10-14-2006, 11:39 AM
I agree that Paul's cals are definitely top-notch. After having him dyno tune my car, I can't even tell that this thing is running 52pph injectors. It starts and drives better than the MP cal I originally had installed. I for one hope that he can get back in the game of cals soon as mine will be needing a revision to accomodate a hardware change in the near future.

moparzrule
11-19-2006, 11:49 PM
I am glad you have a good one, countless many of us don't.

Thats not an accurate statement at all. Only a handfull have problems, they just all lump together when someone starts a thread so it seems like a lot. It's more like, countless people have had great cals and just never said anything about it.
Mine was perfect also. 3 bar, 52 PPH's, 22 PSI boost on pump gas. Sometimes I couldn't tell the thing was running it idled so smooth, wasn't like that with the stock ECU or the MP stage 2 unit and thats with stock injectors. I also use the stock fuel pressure regulator the cal was so good. 1550 max EGT's and .90-.92 A/F ratio's. Couldn't say enough good about the cal, made my car into a nice running daily driver that got great gas mileage if I kept my foot out of it. Actually, I never got less than 21 MPG (with the TU cal) no matter how much stomping I did. Highway I would get 28 or so. Remember, I had a G headed 2.2 so it had very low compression yet I still made great torque....317 ft/lbs and 270 WHP at 19 PSI with paul's cal.

turbovanmanČ
11-20-2006, 12:29 AM
Thats not an accurate statement at all. Only a handfull have problems, they just all lump together when someone starts a thread so it seems like a lot. It's more like, countless people have had great cals and just never said anything about it.
Mine was perfect also. 3 bar, 52 PPH's, 22 PSI boost on pump gas. Sometimes I couldn't tell the thing was running it idled so smooth, wasn't like that with the stock ECU or the MP stage 2 unit and thats with stock injectors. I also use the stock fuel pressure regulator the cal was so good. 1550 max EGT's and .90-.92 A/F ratio's. Couldn't say enough good about the cal, made my car into a nice running daily driver that got great gas mileage if I kept my foot out of it. Actually, I never got less than 21 MPG (with the TU cal) no matter how much stomping I did. Highway I would get 28 or so. Remember, I had a G headed 2.2 so it had very low compression yet I still made great torque....317 ft/lbs and 270 WHP at 19 PSI with paul's cal.

Again, I am glad you got a good one. Countless don't and the fact that we are still waiting is a f*cking piss off. I've had to spend at least $200 this year on different cals on top of the money I paid for this one, not to mention the head bashing episodes and countless hours I have spent buying parts and labour to figure out why it would hit a brick wall at over 16 psi of boost. Even one unsatisfied customer is bad, but having at least 20 or more is awful. Mine ran great at low boost. Sorry to burst your bubble.

89DaytonaTII
11-20-2006, 02:23 AM
Just checking in to say nothing has changed.

Mine ran the car well..... after you managed to get it started and driving with light throttle and under 2psi boost......

moparzrule
11-20-2006, 11:49 PM
Again, I am glad you got a good one. Countless don't

You like that word don't you?

but having at least 20 or more is awful. Mine ran great at low boost. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Hey see it wasn't ''countless'' after all huh? Stop exaggerating, you make it sound like 90% of people who got cal's got bad ones. And how are you verifying that 20 or more had bad ones? I only see 3-4 here on this board, where are you picking up the rest?

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Thats just funny. Still waiting on the list of 20+ people.

turbovanmanČ
11-21-2006, 01:17 AM
You like that word don't you?

Hey see it wasn't ''countless'' after all huh? Stop exaggerating, you make it sound like 90% of people who got cal's got bad ones. And how are you verifying that 20 or more had bad ones? I only see 3-4 here on this board, where are you picking up the rest?

Thats just funny. Still waiting on the list of 20+ people.

Simple, go over to TD, theres a 20 page thread. Take your arrogance elsewhere, I sure as hell don't need it.

89DaytonaTII
11-21-2006, 01:54 AM
It shouldn't matter whether it's 2 or 20, nobody should be getting screwed on faulty products.

altered7151
11-21-2006, 11:37 AM
It shouldn't matter whether it's 2 or 20, nobody should be getting screwed on faulty products.

Exactly, does it really matter if we can form a list of everyone who has a faulty calibration? There are several of us that have the same exact issue with our cals, I know I've recieved messages from at least 3-4 people saying they have the same issues. So counting myself and Simon that makes 6. So I know at least 6 people in out little community have the same issue. Problem is that none of us have been able to recieve any kind of reply from the vendor concerning our product. Honestly I'd have been happy if Paul just sent me an email telling me he was super busy at the moment, and he would get the cal reworked when things calmed down a bit.

slasky
11-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Add me to the list. Chris has taken care me an I would not hesitate to buy other products from TU. Paul was great and was easy to get on the phone before his life got hectic. He is still great but I have not been able to reach him on the phone. I have no doubt in Paul's ability to make a great calibration if he had the time. I just think that he did not anticipate the huge demand for his cals once he offered them for sale.

Marcus86GLHS
11-21-2006, 12:58 PM
"......I just think that he did not anticipate the huge demand for his cals once he offered them for sale......."

well put.

Paul's a great cal guy, I once suggested to him he should double his pricing to address the supply/demand situation, i know i'd still pay.

89DaytonaTII
11-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Honestly I'd have been happy if Paul just sent me an email telling me he was super busy at the moment, and he would get the cal reworked when things calmed down a bit.
Exactly! I'm more than willing to accomodate.

Frank
11-21-2006, 11:20 PM
Well lets just wait and let Paul or Chris speak. No need on ANY one's part to speculate or anything.

Thanks guys!
Frank

altered7151
11-22-2006, 12:35 AM
I know I probably was beating a dead horse when I started this thread, but my purpose wasn't to bash either Paul or Chris, but just to see if anyone had any contact with Paul lately, or any news on cal progress.

I'd also like to state that I have nothing but good things to say about both Paul and Chris. TU is an awesome vendor, one I have done quite a few transactions with, and will continue to do business with. I think Paul just got in over his head and didn't anticipate the amount of work he was taking on. Yes I am frustrated with my cal situation, but I hold no grudge. Paul is only doing this parttime trying to pay the bills like the rest of us. That being said, just some more effort on customer relations on his part would definitally go a long way with myself and the rest of the community I'm sure.

Chris W
11-22-2006, 01:06 AM
And I just spoke with him.

Paul's new full-time job@CHRYSLER had not allowed him to dedicate as much time to the cals as he would like. Now that orientation is over he has been getting caught up with cal orders. In the past, Paul and I had made small changes to streamline the order process, but, with the ever growing popularity of his cals those changes had not been as effective as we would have liked them to be. It seems whenever we started accepting new orders Paul would quickly become overwhelmed and get behind again. We then had to take his calibrations off the site until he could get caught up. While Paul's cals were removed from our site demand for them would increase until the next time we accepted orders then we would get overwhelmed again and the cycle would just repeat itself over. Now, we have come up with several major changes to processing Performance Calibration orders. These changes will be implemented prior to returning the performance cals to our site so that there will be no interruptions in ordering or delays in shipping them in the future. We have already set the ground work in place to accomplish this goal. Once we are 100% caught up with back orders and existing issues we will once again be accepting new orders.

In regard to existing cal issues, Paul has worked with several customers who have stated they had problems with their cals only to find out later that the issues had nothing to do with his products. Even the best of the best have overlooked small problems. Aaron Miller was experiencing a high RPM miss which was initially thought to be the cal. After further inspection it turned out the center post of the distributor cap was missing:eek: . Once corrected it brought new life to the vehicle again. The point I'm trying to make is that it's easy to miss things sometimes and we are all guilty of it. Now I'm not saying that everyone with an issue is wrong and that Paul is perfect all the time. Or that he has never shipped a cal that may have not been 100% right, but, he does his best to test his products before they are developed and distributed to avoid future issues. Before fingers are publicly pointed at the one person who's help you need, customers should go over their entire vehicle to verify everything is routed and hooked up properly. I can't tell you how frustrating it is for him when customers get on the boards bashing his cals only to find out later that it was actually their sensors, wiring, vacuum lines, spark plugs, etc. that was causing the problem. And only a handful of these customers actually return to clear the air and post that it was THEIR issue not the cals. Many times customers make changes to their set up that Paul was not aware of and these changes were not programmed into the cal. Remember, these are "CUSTOM" cals made for specific engine size, head type, valve size, turbo and other upgrades. It's only after long conversations on the phone or multiple emails back and forth with the customer that it's determined what the real problem was. These conversations on the phone and through the internet take time. Time that Paul needs to complete the new orders that are coming in. The more time Paul spends on the phone and on the internet assisting customers with issues that they could possibly resolve on their own, the less time he has to dedicate to completing calibrations and the slower the turnaround time becomes.

I am not focusing on any one person out there so I hope no one takes offense. I am only venting for Paul right now. If you have ever had an opportunity to talk with him or watch him in action you will immediately realize that this small community cannot afford to lose someone with his talents. And when you think about where he is working now, his cals will only get better. Moparzrule pretty much said it all when he stated only 6-10 people are complaining about needing assistance with existing cals. Most people will not speak up if they are satisfied, but, more will speak up if they are dissatisfied. TU has distributed over 200 of Paul's cals in the short time we have been offering them. That gives us a 95-97% success rate which is extremely good. Do you know of any other vendors out there who can come close to those numbers? Believe me, his cals are worth the wait. All orders that have not been filled will be addressed first. He will then resolve existing cal order issues and then we can look at moving forward with our new program and accepting new orders. I know that everyone will be pleased once we get to that point. For now, please just be patient a little bit longer. He is planning on posting here in the next couple of days. Please let him get caught up and don't email him back or call him. If he needs to get your information for a cal he will contact you. It's difficult for me to say where everyone stands in line, but, he will be attacking the oldest orders first and moving forward.

As always TU appreciates your business and continued support. We are approaching our 10th year Anniversary and we will be releasing many new and innovative products in the coming months.

Stay Tuned!

Chris Wright
Turbos Unleashed, Inc.
602-76-BOOST
602-762-6678

altered7151
11-22-2006, 03:18 AM
Thanks for the reply and explanation Chris.

90Dodgevnt
11-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Happy day happy day!

Thanks for the update Chris!:D

Frank
11-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Simon and Matt,
I just cleaned up your last set of posts. I wont be cleaning more of this thread if you get my point. Keep the thread on track... aka comments pointed towards Chris and Paul. Not at each other. Opinions are great, but not in this thread.

Frank

mrboost
11-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Thanks a ton for the post Chris.

I am not dead, I just smell that way! There are a lot of other factors not being mentioned here, and I don't really think there is a need to complain or make excuses about what was going on a few months back that totaled up to me refusing to take a phone call, the bottom line is I was at a point where most of my time whether it was at my day job, the evening, or even while I was trying to sleep was spent informing customers how to set up a car once they bought a cal, that was driving backorder time through the roof, the questions/problems seemed to only be getting more simple and basic, and some of those very same people even trashed me on the list if I didn't get back to them right away to give the next round of advice. I'm done with that now, you should have a higher than basic mechanical understanding of your car if you're going to run the level of power that various parts and higher pressure and fuel rate cals can provide, and I'm done handing out educations in vehicle repairs with the purchase of every calibration. I know it sounds a little harsh, but trust me, it WILL be better in the long run.

Anyone that couldn't wait and got refunded, I'm very sorry, anyone that is waiting still, THANK YOU, it won't be much longer, and anyone that had to get a "competitors" cal instead.... Hold on to your receipts, I'll be taking care of you folks.

Have a great holiday everyone! Please don't crash this thread with "call me" letters or "PM sent" notices, I'm spending Thanksgiving with the family and not doing any work (that's important) and as Chris stated we're going to handle any existing orders first, problems next, and then we're putting the new line up and taking orders again, it will be a TD first and I know you guys will like it.

Paul

Frank
11-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Thank you for your response Paul.

turbovanmanČ
11-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks Paul, I know your a good guy, just wish what happened didn't, I enjoyed talking to you when you had the time. We all know you can do the job, we just want what your capable of. Thanks for finally clearing the air and I wait on pins and needles for my GOOD cal. :nod:

slasky
11-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Thanks Paul, I know your a good guy, just wish what happened didn't, I enjoyed talking to you when you had the time. We all know you can do the job, we just want what your capable of. Thanks for finally clearing the air and I wait on pins and needles for my GOOD cal. :nod:

+1

I have not totally given up on getting my cal fixed someday and puting down some good numbers.

show-off
11-22-2006, 03:37 PM
I am not dead, I just smell that way! There are a lot of other factors not being mentioned here, and I don't really think there is a need to complain or make excuses about what was going on a few months back that totaled up to me refusing to take a phone call, the bottom line is I was at a point where most of my time whether it was at my day job, the evening, or even while I was trying to sleep was spent informing customers how to set up a car once they bought a cal, that was driving backorder time through the roof, the questions/problems seemed to only be getting more simple and basic, and some of those very same people even trashed me on the list if I didn't get back to them right away to give the next round of advice. I'm done with that now, you should have a higher than basic mechanical understanding of your car if you're going to run the level of power that various parts and higher pressure and fuel rate cals can provide, and I'm done handing out educations in vehicle repairs with the purchase of every calibration. I know it sounds a little harsh, but trust me, it WILL be better in the long run.

Anyone that couldn't wait and got refunded, I'm very sorry, anyone that is waiting still, THANK YOU, it won't be much longer, and anyone that had to get a "competitors" cal instead.... Hold on to your receipts, I'll be taking care of you folks.

Have a great holiday everyone! Please don't crash this thread with "call me" letters or "PM sent" notices, I'm spending Thanksgiving with the family and not doing any work (that's important) and as Chris stated we're going to handle any existing orders first, problems next, and then we're putting the new line up and taking orders again, it will be a TD first and I know you guys will like it.

Paul

Thanks for your cals and work...hope all is well! :thumb:

tryingbe
11-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Paul, your cal works great in my GLH with 2.5L and G-head.

89DaytonaTII
11-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the communication both Chris and Paul, it is reassuring. I look forward to having my cal fixed!

Millerman340
11-24-2006, 10:41 PM
TIII ?:eyebrows:

tps25pentium
11-25-2006, 01:13 PM
The following ideas might help:

1. Create a calibration fault-finder checklist and/or FAQ sheet
2. Have an online support ticket system
3. Charge extra if people want direct phone support
4. A sub-forum just for TU calibration technical issues (serves as a database)

If the customer has a problem with the cal then do the following:
1. Go through the checklist first
2. Open an online support ticket with full details of the problem
3. Give the vendor a reasonable amount of time to reply (3 business days?)

Don't know if it's been done.. just trying to help

turbovanmanČ
11-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Thats good but I don't agree with charging for the phone call part, sometimes, thats the easiest way to talk and diagnose the problem. 15 emails sometimes just doesn't work, :eyebrows:

Chris W
11-25-2006, 03:32 PM
The following ideas might help:

1. Create a calibration fault-finder checklist and/or FAQ sheet
2. Have an online support ticket system
3. Charge extra if people want direct phone support
4. A sub-forum just for TU calibration technical issues (serves as a database)

If the customer has a problem with the cal then do the following:
1. Go through the checklist first
2. Open an online support ticket with full details of the problem
3. Give the vendor a reasonable amount of time to reply (3 business days?)

Don't know if it's been done.. just trying to help

Thanks for the suggestions tps25pentium:thumb: . We came up with something very similar to your suggestions. Once we are ready to accept new orders we will launch the new program.

At this time we have no plans for charging for phone support. Except for Simon that is :p

Chris-TU

turbovanmanČ
11-25-2006, 04:54 PM
At this time we have no plans for charging for phone support. Except for Simon that is :p

Chris-TU

Why I outta!!!!!!!!!!! :( :p

altered7151
11-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the suggestions tps25pentium:thumb: . We came up with something very similar to your suggestions. Once we are ready to accept new orders we will launch the new program.

Chris-TU

Charge him double ;)

BARRON
11-26-2006, 09:02 AM
^ hahaha! Agreed. Hey.. by the time I need one of paul's cals for my lebaron in a couple years..the demand will be so low I'll just zip right through!

SpoolinGLH
11-27-2006, 10:05 PM
I received my cal from paul last summer and so far so good. I havent got to drive the car that much do to OTHER issues but the car Idles great,Boost is great and starts up Faster then my stock t2 sundance.

P.S. I hope Chris and Paul does a dyno again like in the past. I will be there.

85glht
11-28-2006, 07:38 PM
P.S. I hope Chris and Paul does a dyno again like in the past. I will be there.

If you can, take advantage of that. I did and Paul was able to make changes right there. Well worth the money and time.

My car has run beautifully for the year and a half that I have used his computer. The car has run the best of 12.37 @ 112 m.p.h. off the juice. Can't say enough of how happy I am with his product. I'm glad he resurfaced:amen:

flipjbm
12-20-2006, 11:35 PM
any updates on the cals? anymore ship out?

John B
12-21-2006, 07:36 AM
I would also be interested to know if anyone has received a cal since Chris's last post.

8valves
12-21-2006, 06:10 PM
I know for a fact that Paul is working hard at getting all of the existing cals out the door. There have been multiple times where our conversation has been cut short due to him needing to get at finishing up a few.

I can't answer whether or not a few have gotten sent yet, but I know he's on it right now.

AM

John B
12-22-2006, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the info

Chris W
12-26-2006, 08:15 PM
I spoke with Paul yesterday. He's working on them this week since he's off.

Chris-TU

turbovanmanČ
12-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Any time frame on updates to bad cals?

Chris W
12-26-2006, 08:39 PM
I believe he is still filling new cal orders. He will get to customers with issues after that.:amen:

Chris-TU

Aries_Turbo
12-31-2006, 02:02 PM
good to hear that things are working out. :)

I too can vouch for Paul making a good cal. A small suggestion though... when there is a dyno day, it might be a good idea to limit the amount of cars even a little more. both times I attended a dyno day, the time alloted was way too small. Either that or search for a shop that will let you stay later in the evening... withing reason though. :) I mean, Paul shouldnt be driving/flying home at 2am lol. :)

Brian

turbovanmanČ
12-31-2006, 05:14 PM
good to hear that things are working out. :)

I too can vouch for Paul making a good cal. A small suggestion though... when there is a dyno day, it might be a good idea to limit the amount of cars even a little more. both times I attended a dyno day, the time alloted was way too small. Either that or search for a shop that will let you stay later in the evening... withing reason though. :) I mean, Paul shouldnt be driving/flying home at 2am lol. :)

Brian

Thats why I wish he would come here, they would run the dyno all day and well into the night, they love this stuff, :amen:

Badger
01-24-2007, 12:36 AM
no disrespect, but I went to a TU dyno day where Paul modified my LM. The car was my daily driver so I needed it to still be smog legal. Paul told me several times that it should pass with no problems but, a month or two later when it was time to smog the car, Pauls LM failed the sniffer test. The car was way to lean. I had to go from my friends shop back to the smog place like three times (each time at my friends shop the fuel pressure was increased with an AFPR) until the car finally passed. It needed 10 lbs of fuel pressure in order to pass! Luckily my friends were buddies with the guy at the smog place and the smog guy was able to run certain tests to find out why the car kept failing....If I had had to pay for those smog tests where the car failed it would have been expensive!!! I appreciate that Paul was trying to improve the stock cal; thats what I was paying for, but one of my perameters was that the car had to still pass smog, which it did not.

Badger.....

8valves
01-24-2007, 01:47 AM
no disrespect, but I went to a TU dyno day where Paul modified my LM. The car was my daily driver so I needed it to still be smog legal. Paul told me several times that it should pass with no problems but, a month or two later when it was time to smog the car, Pauls LM failed the sniffer test. The car was way to lean. I had to go from my friends shop back to the smog place like three times (each time at my friends shop the fuel pressure was increased with an AFPR) until the car finally passed. It needed 10 lbs of fuel pressure in order to pass! Luckily my friends were buddies with the guy at the smog place and the smog guy was able to run certain tests to find out why the car kept failing....If I had had to pay for those smog tests where the car failed it would have been expensive!!! I appreciate that Paul was trying to improve the stock cal; thats what I was paying for, but one of my perameters was that the car had to still pass smog, which it did not.

Badger.....

The only test it would fail from being too lean is high NOX. In all honesty, dependent upon how modified the car is you should probably be fairly happy that it was within 10 psi of FP to passing. While Paul is extremely good at what he does, I myself, even if he told me it would pass a smog test wouldn't bank on it since he's not setting the car up on a 5 gas analyzer!

That'd be like asking how much power so and so's car makes after writing a cal for them over the internet, phone, whatever. You can guess, but it is exactly that, a guess (albeit an educated one.)

Badger
01-24-2007, 02:23 AM
Aaron,
I have nothing against Paul, its just that I feel I paid a lot of money for my cal and if it didnt pass smog, to some people that $$ would have been down the drain. I just happen to have friends who knew the guys at the smog place AND have an AFPR on the car so I was able to find out exactly why I wasnt passing with graph and charts and that sort of thing and then adjust the fuel pressure. I thought having to add 10 lbs. of FP seems like a lot (maybe Im wrong) but, Paul did say that it would pass with no problem what so ever......so thats what I expected. Again, I meant no disrespect; just sharing my experience.

tryingbe
01-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Huge difference between smog dyno and dyno tune dyno.

Smog dyno, you go to speed of 15 mph and 25mph. You mostly hover at 1500rpm-1800rpm and rarely go over 3000rpm. Where as dyno tune dyno, some dyno start at 2000rpm, some doesn't start until after 3000rpm!

You can't tune what you can't see in dyno test.

John B
02-23-2007, 12:53 AM
Since another month has passed since the last post I guess it's time to once again ask if anyone has received their cal?:confused:

turbovanmanČ
02-23-2007, 03:15 AM
I'd say its over. I honestly feel sorry for Chris, :(

altered7151
02-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Yeah I figured I'd just cut my losses on this one, chalk it up to a learning lesson. Want something done right, do it yourself. I just received Jason Richardson's flashable SMEC module so I can start doing my own cals. Just wish I could recoup some of the money I paid for the custom cal.

I feel bad for Chris on this deal too, he's a great guy and runs a great business. This was something beyond his control that probably left a bad taste in some peoples mouths regarding TU.

turbovanmanČ
02-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Chris will help you out with parts, he really feels bad. :(

Chris W
02-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Yeah I figured I'd just cut my losses on this one, chalk it up to a learning lesson. Want something done right, do it yourself. I just received Jason Richardson's flashable SMEC module so I can start doing my own cals. Just wish I could recoup some of the money I paid for the custom cal.

I feel bad for Chris on this deal too, he's a great guy and runs a great business. This was something beyond his control that probably left a bad taste in some peoples mouths regarding TU.

I have refunded everyone who has been unable to wait on our cals. Contact me via PM so we can take care of you.

THANKS!

Chris-TU

altered7151
02-23-2007, 11:28 PM
I spoke with Chris about the issue, but I just wanted to be clear that I purchased the orginal cal before Paul went on with TU, and then had Paul redo the cal. He was working with TU at the time but I dealt with him directly and it wasn't a purchased through TU. Chris has been great through this whole thing, my issue is with Paul.

slasky
02-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Chris has been great through this all. I just think that Paul got a bigger response to his cals than he ever thought he would get. He just has had too many things going on in his life and too many people who wanted cals. As much as it disappoints us all, I can't fault him for putting his family and himself first. I would still be willing to give his cal a try one day if he gets a chance to update it for me.

The Pope
02-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Huge difference between smog dyno and dyno tune dyno.

Smog dyno, you go to speed of 15 mph and 25mph. You mostly hover at 1500rpm-1800rpm and rarely go over 3000rpm. Where as dyno tune dyno, some dyno start at 2000rpm, some doesn't start until after 3000rpm!

You can't tune what you can't see in dyno test.

many have a independant AF reader too. It is nice to see AF over the RPM range for getting your fuel curve dialed in, but many can have them run all the time.

John B
04-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Hi, I've been in Saudi for a while. Any news on the cals?

John B
04-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Would you like a question in a different category?

altered7151
04-19-2007, 12:12 AM
To the best of my knowledge he hasn't been heard from in a while. Myself and others have moved on to other means of calibrations, mainly doing them ourselves. At this point I just wrote it off as a loss.

Chris W
04-19-2007, 01:49 AM
UPDATE:

I have been speaking with Paul on a regular basis these past few weeks and he has EVERY intention of getting caught up and taking new orders. JohnB, I hound him about your cal as often as I can. From what I understand it has been completed and he just has to socket the board.

That's all I have for now, but, I will update again when I have more info.

Chris-TU

John B
04-19-2007, 06:40 AM
Thanks!

moparzrule
04-19-2007, 06:54 AM
I've outsourced for a cal for now, but I know once paul is doing them again I will go back to him. Nothing beats his cal's, they are the best bar none.