PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust: Shelby Lancer parts needed to finish restoration!

G-man
06-28-2016, 09:34 AM
Hi All! I need a few items to finish the restoration on my 1987 Shelby Lancer. First: the muffler and exhaust tips. This has the two curved pipes that come out at the end. From what I can gather, this unit is....one piece?!

Second: The remote control unit for the back seat occupants for the use of the Pioner DEX77 CD and stereo. This piece goes onto the rear of the front console.

Third: Front console lid. I have one in another color that needs to be dyed to match the dark charcoal, but if anyone has one in great shape in the original color I would like to purchase
it!

Fourth: I collect oddball stuff for the Shelby Dodge cars, including the Lancers. Anybody know the whereabouts of any of the cardboard cutoust used for the Thrifty Rental car promotion using
the 1987 Shelby Lancer? Some were put up in the larger airports.Cash waits if you have one!

I appreciate you looking/finding these items for me. Saving this car (automatic/leather) was important to me....and the Shelby Dodge community! Thank you!

Gerry, reach me at 570-320-7396 or cell 570-419-2901

PS: If there is a mint leather srivers seat out there, I am game. Otherwise, going to have the current one refinished to original specs.

glhs0075
06-28-2016, 04:24 PM
I can help with the DEX back seat remote.

G-man
06-29-2016, 09:17 AM
Thank you for your help! I sent you a private e-mail!

If it didn't go through, please call me at the phone numbers listed!

Gerry

martin kolner
06-29-2016, 11:49 AM
armrests are here:

F351 EE8 1 Cordovan
F351 EK1 1 Almond
F351 DS8 1 Charcoal
F351 FC5 1 Blue

I have some of these but not charcoal and have the blue one NOS

2.216VTurbo
06-29-2016, 02:06 PM
So Gerry, was this the last SL made and it's still in plastic then;) You must have put an extension on the house because last we talked you were all full up (except kitchen and bath and those were off limits:lol:)

Save for the cardboard display I had all of those parts, key word had:( Divorce forces sale (or more like throw a substantial portion of a 20 year collection away in the 2 days it takes to move out) so the 'junk' had to go:mecry: Turns out I'm paying the price for this shortsightedness as it looks like my original SL (#748 a 'factory mule' car that spent it's first four years at the Whittier assembly plant where whoever whenever would use it to run around town, potentially Carroll hisself drove it at some point between 87-91:eyebrows:??) is coming back to me in the next couple years because the guy I sold it to is about done with it. So I'll probably be looking for some of the very pieces I parted with:confused:

G-man
06-29-2016, 07:22 PM
Hi Martin- hey, I already bought that used console lid from you! It's the one that needs to
be dyed in the correct color! And the seam has to be glued. Let's up it works!

To the unfortunate "divorced gentleman" who had Shelby Lancer parts but no more.....
hmmmm, I knew there was a reason not to get married when a bunch of cars or parts are
Important in life!

i do not own the last SL built, but the final G-body Daytona. An Iroc/RT in Emerald
green with 9 miles. Have a few others I bought new also! I will be building an eextension
at some point!

Now..... Who has a SL muffler and exhaust tips for me???

regards, Gerry

martin kolner
07-01-2016, 01:36 AM
There's rumors going around that the 93 R/T you own actually has over 400,000 miles on it and you put it on jack stands
and then put it in reverse and "drove it" until it got back down to 9 miles. Your neighbor said you were going to buy gas for it
constantly and there was blue smoke pouring from the exhaust. But hey that's just a rumor I just made up.

Would love to see pictures of the engine compartment and the rest of it too!!!

Chris W
07-06-2016, 01:26 PM
Hi All! I need a few items to finish the restoration on my 1987 Shelby Lancer. First: the muffler and exhaust tips. This has the two curved pipes that come out at the end. From what I can gather, this unit is....one piece?!

Second: The remote control unit for the back seat occupants for the use of the Pioner DEX77 CD and stereo. This piece goes onto the rear of the front console.

Third: Front console lid. I have one in another color that needs to be dyed to match the dark charcoal, but if anyone has one in great shape in the original color I would like to purchase
it!

Fourth: I collect oddball stuff for the Shelby Dodge cars, including the Lancers. Anybody know the whereabouts of any of the cardboard cutoust used for the Thrifty Rental car promotion using
the 1987 Shelby Lancer? Some were put up in the larger airports.Cash waits if you have one!

I appreciate you looking/finding these items for me. Saving this car (automatic/leather) was important to me....and the Shelby Dodge community! Thank you!

Gerry, reach me at 570-320-7396 or cell 570-419-2901

PS: If there is a mint leather srivers seat out there, I am game. Otherwise, going to have the current one refinished to original specs.

We have the exhaust. Will follow up with photo later today.

Chris-TU

G-man
07-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Thank you Chris! Looking forward to seeing it!

Hope the curved tips are intact!

Hope you are remotely close to Pennsylvania.....knock on wood!

Gerry

Chris W
07-12-2016, 12:49 PM
Thank you Chris! Looking forward to seeing it!

Hope the curved tips are intact!

Hope you are remotely close to Pennsylvania.....knock on wood!

Gerry

Gerry,

It's been a while since we removed this from a Shelby Lancer we parted. I am fairly certain this is what you are looking for. BTW- We also have a white roof and trunk spoiler for a Lancer Shelby spoiler. Can post pics of them too.

Chris-TU