PDA

View Full Version : Masi 16v Masi pistons on TII rods

MPI_duster
06-17-2016, 06:54 PM
I've heard that with the right bushings, you can utilize TII rods with factory Masi pistons. Can any one verify, or dispute? Looking to transitions to a standard cast/forged TII crank and if I can avoid custom rods, that would be nice.

4 l-bodies
06-18-2016, 12:17 AM
I've heard that with the right bushings, you can utilize TII rods with factory Masi pistons. Can any one verify, or dispute? Looking to transitions to a standard cast/forged TII crank and if I can avoid custom rods, that would be nice.
What you heard or read is correct; however prepping TII rods with better rod bolts and re-bushing small end to accept .866 pin you will have at least $200-$250 into them. You might consider buying Brian Crower SRT-4 Sportman H-beam rods. Stock # is BC6169. Do a little searchin and they can be bought for as little as $352 shipped. They are NEW not 30 years old, stronger, have better ARP cap screws (bolts), are machined and balanced dead on, better small end oiling, and are 100g lighter on avg. than a TII rod! I've bought four sets so far and every one has been dead on as far as machining and weight. Note you must use SRT rod bearing and not 2.2 rod bearing with these rods. Big end, and length are the same as 2.2/2.5 and small end is .866 (same as Masi pin).
If those aren't good enough for you, there are even stouter rod options available.
Todd

2.216VTurbo
06-18-2016, 12:36 PM
^Yeah, I think I'm gonna have you put Pauter's in the 2l motor:eyebrows:

MPI_duster
07-01-2016, 05:04 PM
What you heard or read is correct; however prepping TII rods with better rod bolts and re-bushing small end to accept .866 pin you will have at least $200-$250 into them. You might consider buying Brian Crower SRT-4 Sportman H-beam rods. Stock # is BC6169. Do a little searchin and they can be bought for as little as $352 shipped. They are NEW not 30 years old, stronger, have better ARP cap screws (bolts), are machined and balanced dead on, better small end oiling, and are 100g lighter on avg. than a TII rod! I've bought four sets so far and every one has been dead on as far as machining and weight. Note you must use SRT rod bearing and not 2.2 rod bearing with these rods. Big end, and length are the same as 2.2/2.5 and small end is .866 (same as Masi pin).
If those aren't good enough for you, there are even stouter rod options available.
Todd

Great information, THank you!