PDA

View Full Version : SDAC 26, Friday June 24th Getogether

minigts
05-18-2016, 10:45 PM
Anyone arriving for SDAC 26 is welcome to come to my house the Friday night before the event starts. Details are the following:

Location - 1415 Braden Road, Mason, TN 38049 The image on Google Maps shows a gravel driveway, but it is now paved. It's the SECOND driveway at the top of the hill, house faces the street. You'll see lights on, so you won't miss it.

Link - Mason Manor Google Maps Link (https://www.google.com/maps/place/1415+Braden+Rd,+Mason,+TN+38049/@35.3551109,-89.5744408,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x887f0fa319858773:0x340d4 721420da7c9!8m2!3d35.3551065!4d-89.5722521)
Time - Any time you get into town until whenever. The autocross is the next day and early at that, so it's your call how late you want to stay.
Accommodations - Obviously if you have your hotel booked, I'm expecting everyone will head there at some point. However, you are welcome to stay and just find a place to lay down. I have three large living rooms, a large open room above the garage, four regular size couches and plenty of floor space. I have bedrooms, but they are all accounted for, so the floor or a couch is it. I have about 5 acres, so if you want to camp in the back yard area, be my guest. For showers, I only have 3 full bathrooms and will be limited on towels and water pressure (depending on the number of showers at one time), so keep that in mind. This is not a offer to have everyone stay, but I certainly don't mind people crashing because they are tired or had too much to drink. Good judgement goes a long way. :)
Beer - Bring your own or go to the local store and get liquor or wine or whatever suits you. I plan to get a couple of samples of local beers, but depending on who comes, not sure how long it will last.
Food - I will do what I can to provide food, but again you are welcome to bring your own or go to the local Kroger and get supplies. I will have a grill present, so we can do burgers, or sausage or dogs or whatever.
Entertainment - We will have SDAC stories, music, ping pong, a fire pit, a 4 car garage and some cars that need work..... ;) Seriously, it should be a good time talking, catching up, drinking and what not. Depending on the time, fireworks may be in order, but after a period of time, they will not. I do have neighbors and will need to be considerate. Yes, I'm talking to DR. JONES!! :)
Parking - Updated. There WILL be PLENTY of room for trailers depending on whether or not you come to my place first. There is a parcel of land across from my house, so if you bring a trailer over, please park on the NORTH side of the white post in the ground. I may add a flag to the post, but that is available for anyone bringing a trailer. If you prefer to park on my property that is fine, just was trying to make getting out easier. If it's raining, I'd like everyone with a trailer to park across the street. ALL cars can and should park at my house.

Right now I'm suspecting there will be about 30-40 people there, but I don't know what time everyone will make it in. If there are 50 people there, that's fine. If I don't know you or if we've only spoken on the forums, you are welcome to come. I hope anyone who will be attending the show and arriving on Friday will make it, I'd love to have you out to my house. SDAC is always a great time and the earlier we start it, the better. :thumb:

Please ask questions if you have any and I will provide the address and location as we get closer to the event. There are a few different routes you can take, but I live EAST of the city off exit 35 (35 miles from the Mississippi River) on Interstate 40. Hope you can make it!

NOTE
I am only saying this so it is said, do not bring drugs of any kind to my house or on my property. It may seem paranoid, but I know that marijuana is now legal in a bunch of states, but TN isn't one of them. And even if it were, don't bring it on my premises. We'll have plenty of fun with everything and everyone who will be there.

BadAssPerformance
05-19-2016, 12:24 AM
:clap: Thanks for the local hospitality bro!

wheming
05-19-2016, 04:54 AM
Is it me, or is this sort of SDAC hospitality offer practically unprecedented?
Jon, that is really great. Cheers to you! And your spread sounds like some won't want to leave!
Does that mean 35 miles from the host hotel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

minigts
05-19-2016, 10:25 AM
:clap: Thanks for the local hospitality bro!

Glad to be able to! Should be a good time.

Is it me, or is this sort of SDAC hospitality offer practically unprecedented?
Jon, that is really great. Cheers to you! And your spread sounds like some won't want to leave!
Does that mean 35 miles from the host hotel?

Don't know now often it happens, but it does. I know someone who had a RV last year offered up his place after Carlisle to anyone who wanted to come over, Denny maybe? And I'm pretty sure some of the Detroit area people have done the same. I'm just doing it prior to the show for those coming early since the calendar for the event is really packed every night. And I don't want to take away from the parking lot antics during the time anyway. Hope you'll be able to make it in early enough to come!

The host hotel is at exit 12, so this is about 25 miles away. My house is about 5-7 minutes off I40 and from there it's probably another 20 minutes to where the hotel is by my driving. :) If Menagon is driving, it will take about 10 minutes. :D

wheming
05-19-2016, 11:04 AM
I'd like to leave after i get out of work Friday morning (from 12hrs of nightshift!) Which could put me there hopefully 7-8pm. But will depend on when my brother Dan flies in, and if he's rested enough for the first leg of driving.
I might even be able to take 22&23 off from work, so in that case might try to get there earlier Friday afternoon. Need to book the hotel still also.

contraption22
05-19-2016, 12:17 PM
Do you allow pets? It's hard for me to leave my spiders at home unattended.

wheming
05-19-2016, 01:49 PM

Ooooh... do you have one of those Amazon bird-eating spiders?
I've always wanted to see one in person.

But i guess that would be a problem if Jon has birds...

contraption22
05-19-2016, 01:55 PM
Ooooh... do you have one of those Amazon bird-eating spiders?
I've always wanted to see one in person.

But i guess that would be a problem if Jon has birds...

I'm told I have an impressive collection of North American Attic Spiders. They are native though, none of them were purchased on Amazon.

minigts
05-19-2016, 03:55 PM
I'd like to leave after i get out of work Friday morning (from 12hrs of nightshift!) Which could put me there hopefully 7-8pm. But will depend on when my brother Dan flies in, and if he's rested enough for the first leg of driving.
I might even be able to take 22&23 off from work, so in that case might try to get there earlier Friday afternoon. Need to book the hotel still also.

Well whatever time you get in Friday and want to head to my house, please do so. Anyone needing helping getting to my house can PM me and I will give my phone number for texting or calling. Going to update the OP to include the address so people can figure out where it is in relation to which path they are coming in on. It's super easy to get to from I40, so anyone on that route coming by should have no problems. North and from the west it may get a little tricky with traffic and from the north, taking the "back way". I'm use to it, but first timers may get lost. :-\

Thank you Mike, but I have plenty of spiders here hiding in nice cottony webs around the house. :D I get CHILLS just thinking about grabbing that lamp and hitting that web!!!

2.216VTurbo
05-19-2016, 07:04 PM
To heck with the host hotel, SDAC AT JT'S! Alright if I get there early, like Wednesday mid morning OK?

cordes
05-19-2016, 07:47 PM

I'm bringing my dog, so what's a few spiders?

minigts
05-19-2016, 09:28 PM
To heck with the host hotel, SDAC AT JT'S! Alright if I get there early, like Wednesday mid morning OK?

I don't know if you're kidding or not, but if you will be in town that early, of course you can stay over. Aside from the fact you've hosted me at your house numerous times, you're a good friend and always have a place to stay in Memphis if you need it. :thumb:

I'm bringing my dog, so what's a few spiders?

Good grief, I don't think my house would survive your dog. :p

cordes
05-19-2016, 09:34 PM
I don't know if you're kidding or not, but if you will be in town that early, of course you can stay over. Aside from the fact you've hosted me at your house numerous times, you're a good friend and always have a place to stay in Memphis if you need it. :thumb:

Good grief, I don't think my house would survive your dog. :p

FWIW, I plan on coming about two weeks early, but I may have to take off for a GNR concert on the day of this party.

minigts
05-19-2016, 09:41 PM
hahaha, is anyone coming next week? :D

Johnny
05-20-2016, 12:46 AM
George and I are leaving on the 21st....should be there in time to "visit".
We plan on a quick trip there and a multi-stop trip heading back.

minigts
05-20-2016, 02:19 PM
George and I are leaving on the 21st....should be there in time to "visit".
We plan on a quick trip there and a multi-stop trip heading back.

Quick trip to SDAC or to my house? You're staying for the entire event, aren't you?

Johnny
05-20-2016, 02:29 PM
Meaning as quick trip to Memphis as we can and a fun/slower trip back.
Staying for the event, of course.

cudagirl77
05-20-2016, 08:10 PM
Hopefully we will get to come over. If we leave and drive through the night we should be in around 12-2pm Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcsvt
05-20-2016, 09:38 PM
Thanks Jon for hosting! Looking forward to Mike's spiders..

minigts
05-22-2016, 09:22 AM
Meaning as quick trip to Memphis as we can and a fun/slower trip back.
Staying for the event, of course.

Oh ok. Thought you were, but when you said quick i thought it meant something else :thumb:

Hopefully we will get to come over. If we leave and drive through the night we should be in around 12-2pm Friday.

Well if you get in that early, get some rest and then head on over whenever you like. By then I'm thinking we'll be setup and other people will be coming over.

Thanks Jon for hosting! Looking forward to Mike's spiders..

Now dont sell my spiders short,Ii have some too. :)

cordes
05-23-2016, 12:00 AM
I would like to take this time to point out that Jon lied to me and stated that there were no dangerous spiders around his place before my first visit. While I was there I was told "don't move! the biggest brown recluse I've ever seen is crawling into your shoe." while I was getting some wood for the fire. Once I got to the fire pit with my stack of wood I was able to make this new friend.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/862/blackwidow.JPG

wheming
05-23-2016, 01:15 AM
I would like to take this time to point out that Jon lied to me and stated that there were no dangerous spiders around his place before my first visit. While I was there I was told "don't move! the biggest brown recluse I've ever seen is crawling into your shoe." while I was getting some wood for the fire. Once I got to the fire pit with my stack of wood I was able to make this new friend.

Those things are harmless....

...until you get bit.

minigts
05-23-2016, 02:11 AM

Of course you'd have to dig that one up. That was taken outside and away from the house. :p Should be safe....I think. :)

cudagirl77
05-23-2016, 06:05 AM
Eh....just a little Black Widow. 😱

minigts
05-23-2016, 11:28 AM
Added a note about not bringing any drugs of any kind to this get together. Not speaking to anyone in particular, just making sure everyone is aware since there may be some people attending that are new or whom I haven't been around before.

cudagirl77
05-23-2016, 11:31 AM
Added a note about not bringing any drugs of any kind to this get together. Not speaking to anyone in particular, just making sure everyone is aware since there may be some people attending that are new or whom I haven't been around before.

So I have to leave the car at home? I'm hooked on boost...it's better than Prozac. 😜

minigts
05-23-2016, 11:43 AM
So I have to leave the car at home? I'm hooked on boost...it's better than Prozac. 😜

hahaha touche. You can only get arrested for boost if you use it inappropriately. :D

cordes
05-24-2016, 12:31 AM
I had planned on playing with the spiders while tripping out of my mind on LSD. Thanks for the heads up that this won't be appropriate for the party. At least you'll let me run around pants less.

83scamp
05-24-2016, 09:53 AM
I had planned on playing with the spiders while tripping out of my mind on LSD. Thanks for the heads up that this won't be appropriate for the party. At least you'll let me run around pants less.

And this man teaches children.....

YIKES!!!!

:lol:

minigts
05-24-2016, 09:56 AM
And this man teaches children.....

YIKES!!!!

:lol:

hahaha EXACTLY! :) Maybe I should let all my neighbors know ahead of time what all may ensue.... ;)

shmedley
05-24-2016, 01:21 PM
hahaha EXACTLY! :) Maybe I should let all my neighbors know ahead of time what all may ensue.... ;)

Maybe???
You should start buttering them up now before they complain about a naked Bigfoot running around

minigts
05-24-2016, 02:35 PM
Maybe???
You should start buttering them up now before they complain about a naked Bigfoot running around

I think you're right. ;)

cordes
05-24-2016, 06:29 PM
Maybe???

He's going to charge admission.

minigts
06-01-2016, 11:35 PM
Just a bump to remind anyone coming in town early that I will be hosting a get together at my place Friday June 24th. Please see the original post.

wheming
06-02-2016, 12:06 AM
Just a bump to remind anyone coming in town early that I will be hosting a get together at my place Friday June 24th. Please see the original post.

Do we need to make a reservation? ?
Or is that only if we want one of the 4 garage spots?? ;)

2.216VTurbo
06-02-2016, 12:29 AM

Your kidding right? Youre not parking where I'm sleeping... Cars outside, don't worry, it wont snow...

looneytuner
06-02-2016, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=minigts;1108225]hahaha EXACTLY! :) Maybe I should let all my neighbors know ahead of time what all may ensue.... ;)[/QUOTE

I was thinking of running a Craigslist ad for skeet shooters to shoot down drones at a new nudist resort....at Lake of the Ozarks. I don't have the guts if someone else wants to run the ad feel free.

minigts
06-02-2016, 10:37 AM

haha No, but it would be good from a planning perspective to know who all is coming. I have about 15 people I'm 99% certain will be there, about 6 I know 100% will be there, so if anyone is planning to come who hasn't spoken up, I'm going to assume about double of my confirmed. Thinking 30 will be safe, but going to plan for 40 just in case.

Your kidding right? Youre not parking where I'm sleeping... Cars outside, don't worry, it wont snow...

I have PLENTY of floor space for anyone who needs to stay over, but you're one of my 100%'ers. :thumb:

[QUOTE=minigts;1108225]hahaha EXACTLY! :) Maybe I should let all my neighbors know ahead of time what all may ensue.... ;)[/QUOTE

I was thinking of running a Craigslist ad for skeet shooters to shoot down drones at a new nudist resort....at Lake of the Ozarks. I don't have the guts if someone else wants to run the ad feel free.

Oh good gravy. I can only imagine....haha Are you coming to SDAC? For some reason I thought you weren't or were a "?" about the show. If you can make it, excellent!!

83scamp
06-02-2016, 11:17 AM
I'm planning on being there at some point with my son & probably a friend of mine who is caravanning down with me...

minigts
06-02-2016, 11:52 AM
I'm planning on being there at some point with my son & probably a friend of mine who is caravanning down with me...

You're one of my 99%'ers. :)

dodgeman87
06-02-2016, 06:10 PM
Jon,
I'll be there Friday late afternoon or early evening !!

Jim Rieser SDAC - Chicago

82 Rampage
06-02-2016, 10:10 PM
We'll be there.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

minigts
06-02-2016, 10:16 PM
Jon,
I'll be there Friday late afternoon or early evening !!

Jim Rieser SDAC - Chicago

Glsd to hear Jim! See you in a few weeks!

We'll be there.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

You better be! You live like 15 minutes from me. :)

wheming
06-04-2016, 07:38 AM
Ok, my brother and I should be there hopefully early evening if all goes well.

csxtra
06-04-2016, 12:56 PM
Max Boost and I are looking forward to hanging out at the "with hair" estate

jpcturbo
06-04-2016, 02:44 PM
I should be there in the early evening!

minigts
06-06-2016, 10:04 AM
Ok, my brother and I should be there hopefully early evening if all goes well.

Excellent! Glad you guys will make it in on time. :thumb:

Max Boost and I are looking forward to hanging out at the "with hair" estate

Good deal. I think I had you guys counted in as well as ones that were for sure coming. ;)

I should be there in the early evening!

Glad you'll be able to make it! I don't remember your screen name in relation to who you are, so not sure if we've met. But my memory is so bad, I'm sure we've traded phone numbers and what not. haha

jpcturbo
06-06-2016, 11:40 PM
Glad you'll be able to make it! I don't remember your screen name in relation to who you are, so not sure if we've met. But my memory is so bad, I'm sure we've traded phone numbers and what not. haha
Sorry! Forgot I don't have a signature on here.

Jeff Chojnacki

minigts
06-08-2016, 01:08 PM
haha Jeff, VERY glad you'll be there Friday night! Looking forward to seeing everyone then and for SDAC!

minigts
06-14-2016, 02:13 PM
Bump for a reminder to anyone coming in town on Friday.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?80130-SDAC-26-Friday-June-24th-Getogether&highlight=

minigts
06-21-2016, 12:07 PM
Another bump. Added details about parking for trailers if anyone is coming directly to my house.

cudagirl77
06-21-2016, 01:00 PM
I'm happy to stop at the store on our way over. Do you need sides or desserts?

minigts
06-21-2016, 01:23 PM
I'm happy to stop at the store on our way over. Do you need sides or desserts?

Any food is welcome, definitely both of those. I plan to have food or really something to eat, but it won't hurt to have some extras like chips, cookies, whatever. My mom asked if she could make brownies. :D Thank you for your consideration in offering to bring something, btw. :thumb:

wowzer
06-21-2016, 02:07 PM
Jon - you have a pm.

wheming
06-21-2016, 08:01 PM
Jon - you have a pm.

And thanks Jon, i appreciate the help with this!

minigts
06-21-2016, 10:48 PM
And thanks Jon, i appreciate the help with this!

I no speaka English.

james
06-21-2016, 11:45 PM
i know its been a while since we last talked, but how long have you been living out this way? your like a hop skip and a jump away now.

minigts
06-21-2016, 11:56 PM
i know its been a while since we last talked, but how long have you been living out this way? your like a hop skip and a jump away now.

Too long in my current situation. :) Be sure to come over this Friday night and we'll catch up. Should be a good group at the house

james
06-21-2016, 11:59 PM
Sweet, see ya friday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

Johnny
06-24-2016, 03:37 PM
I made the BBQ in time!

ajakeski
06-24-2016, 06:47 PM
Does your home insurance agent know about this?
Oh Boy...

Chris W
06-24-2016, 11:00 PM
i made the BarbieQ in time!

fixed!

2.216VTurbo
06-25-2016, 05:44 AM
What the crap?? We showed up at 4 am and nothing happing! What did Spicolli say? Theres no party for me here!! JK, I heard you rocked a great party JTWH! Too many delays to make it to eat your food and drink your beer:( Here at hotel now tho, WOOT!:nod:

wheming
06-25-2016, 07:17 AM
Somebody seems quite energetic for driving all night.

minigts
06-25-2016, 07:55 AM
Everyone seemed to have a good time, no one was hurt and the police weren't called. Of course, Alan got in late and went straight to the hotel......😉

Thank you everyone for those who came over, thank you especially for anyone who brought food and drinks to share. It wasn't required, but it definitely helped! We'll see everyone shortly and some at the autocross this morning!!

bigbarneycars
06-25-2016, 08:34 AM
Pix damit, i need pix....please...please...please............jer

cudagirl77
06-25-2016, 09:34 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160625/6ad86f2d4ee1c3d9c9ee6b74bdf7311b.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160625/03d2c08214ae6f495b72473a0eae4eb1.jpg

bigbarneycars
06-25-2016, 11:33 AM
Thank You Cudagirl77, keep 'um comin'. That #77 used to be our address in Chelsea when when we called Michigan home

DodgeZdad
06-30-2016, 09:06 AM
Thank you Jon for your hard work and hospitality. Those few hours sleep at your home made for a great drive home.

minigts
06-30-2016, 12:18 PM
Absolutely Mr. Franzen! Glad you made it out and beat up on the car some. You're welcome anytime you come through, don't hesitate to stop by.