PDA

View Full Version : Official SDAC-26 Discussion Thread

BadAssPerformance
05-05-2016, 06:56 PM
The SDAC-26 information page (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?80062-SDAC-26-Official-Info-HERE!&p=1106962#post1106962) is posted as a sticky - Here is a thread for discussions related to the SDAC-26 event.

cordes
05-05-2016, 07:26 PM
First post says we should have stayed at the Microtel behind the Costco off of the Isaac Hayes as it was originally foretold by the prophet Jon Trotter.

minigts
05-05-2016, 08:38 PM
I should learn to keep "prophecy" to myself until the truth is known. :-)

cordes
05-05-2016, 09:05 PM
I should learn to keep "prophecy" to myself until the truth is known. :-)

Telling us all about it for the last 2-3 SDACs probably wasn't the best idea. lol

minigts
05-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Telling us all about it for the last 2-3 SDACs probably wasn't the best idea. lol

Haha now THAT is not true.

csxtra
05-06-2016, 11:51 AM
First post says we should have stayed at the Microtel behind the Costco off of the Isaac Hayes as it was originally foretold by the prophet Jon Trotter.

"In accordance with the prophecy"

(wow has it been a long time since we used that one... SDAC 13 I think?)

Edit: it hasn't been THAT long LOL:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?28826-In-accordance-with-the-prophecy!&highlight=accordance+prophecy

cordes
05-06-2016, 09:14 PM
Yeah, only about 8 years. Time flies.

minigts
05-07-2016, 01:30 AM
Good grief....

BIGBRUDDA
05-08-2016, 08:40 PM
Yeah, but we are at the Fairfield next to the "haunted go cart track":wow1:

minigts
05-08-2016, 09:10 PM
Shot of the parking lot.

The track at the haunted amusement park seems to be a little overgrown, but still functional.

contraption22
05-09-2016, 08:34 AM
The track at the haunted amusement park seems to be a little overgrown, but still functional.

Another spy shot.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58162&stc=1

BadAssPerformance
05-21-2016, 10:17 AM
MB made a nice little promo video! Cant wait!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QofZYHKeR6s

wheming
05-21-2016, 02:40 PM
Nice!

BadAssPerformance
05-24-2016, 12:22 PM
SDAC-26 Reminder! Be sure to book your hotel room(s) by next week before the end of the month! After May 31st our block will be released to the public! Hotel and SDAC-26 pre-registration information at www.sdac.org

moparman76_69
05-24-2016, 10:05 PM
So if anyone has ever heard my wife's story of why I'm not allowed to choose hotels, the hotel in that story is on the other side of I40 from the host hotel.

wheming
05-24-2016, 10:38 PM
Do i need to reapply for my 2nd job as Cheerwine delivery van?

2.216VTurbo
05-25-2016, 12:05 AM
So if anyone has ever heard my wife's story of why I'm not allowed to choose hotels, the hotel in that story is on the other side of I40 from the host hotel.

Errant fireworks by some drunk A Hole?;)

EaZyE426
05-25-2016, 08:59 PM
I will actually be driving up to Michigan from Florida the weekend of SDAC, but the wife said I can't stop in Memphis....
Something about missing my son's first birthday party.. like he'd even remember I wasn't there...

minigts
05-25-2016, 09:56 PM
I will actually be driving up to Michigan from Florida the weekend of SDAC, but the wife said I can't stop in Memphis....
Something about missing my son's first birthday party.. like he'd even remember I wasn't there...

If you take 40 across TN and come through Memphis, you will pass RIGHT by the host hotel and it would be wrong to not stop by and say hello. :thumb:

EaZyE426
05-25-2016, 10:38 PM
I'd be going straight up 75. It'd be about a 2 hour detour to go to Memphis I think. Too bad I don't live in Dickson, TN anymore. It'd have been nice to have SDAC 1.5 hours away.

cordes
05-25-2016, 11:59 PM

You're dead on there. No worries at all that the kid will miss you. Head on over.

2.216VTurbo
05-26-2016, 08:49 AM

I think the bigger question would be do you want a shot at making a second child? Wifey is CERTAINLY gonna remember if you were there...

contraption22
05-26-2016, 11:30 AM

That's easy. Reschedule the birthday party!

BadAssPerformance
05-26-2016, 01:02 PM
Cordes, how old was your little one at SDAC last year? I say bring him along!

2.216VTurbo
05-26-2016, 03:31 PM

Yeah right? I may bring this one to 26 and she's practically a child:lol: Easy boys, she's legal. Barely but still:eyebrows:

EaZyE426
05-26-2016, 07:23 PM
I think the bigger question would be do you want a shot at making a second child? Wifey is CERTAINLY gonna remember if you were there...

He is the 2nd and final child. But wife will be with me in the car headed to Detroit, and I have a feeling I'll get bashed over the head when she starts seeing "Memphis x miles" signs.

minigts
05-26-2016, 07:59 PM
Hold on, he AND your wife will be with you? Family SDAC and we'll have a party for him!

cordes
05-27-2016, 09:03 AM

4 months old. She won't be there this year because we don't want to worry about the heat with her.

BadAssPerformance
05-29-2016, 01:24 PM
Reminder to pre-register for the event and get hotel reserved. Information at www.sdac.org or email me for any questions jt@sdac.org

- - - Updated - - -

4 months old. She won't be there this year because we don't want to worry about the heat with her.

not a bad idea

wheming
05-29-2016, 05:58 PM
I keep meaning to and keep forgetting! Thanks for the reminder.

Edit: I'm in! Just pre-registered and confirmed hotel reservation.

BadAssPerformance
05-30-2016, 10:46 AM
I keep meaning to and keep forgetting! Thanks for the reminder.

Edit: I'm in! Just pre-registered and confirmed hotel reservation.

:clap:

james
05-30-2016, 03:31 PM
Hey all, ive been away from the td scene since 09, should have never sold my glh. Purchased a 87 new yorker turbo a few months ago, and have been back on here looking around for a while. Just noticed SDAC was gonna be here in memphis this year, frickin awesome! Looking forward to seeing all that come, and all those i meant in cincy!:clap:

2.216VTurbo
05-30-2016, 04:49 PM
Hey all, ive been away from the td scene since 09, should have never sold my glh. Purchased a 87 new yorker turbo a few months ago, and have been back on here looking around for a while. Just noticed SDAC was gonna be here in memphis this year, frickin awesome! Looking forward to seeing all that come, and all those i meant in cincy!:clap:

Welcome back, look me up at SDAC and say hey:)

cordes
05-30-2016, 10:48 PM
They always come back...

BadAssPerformance
05-31-2016, 12:56 AM

Welcome back! :clap:

james
05-31-2016, 11:08 AM
Thank you

black86glhs
05-31-2016, 04:35 PM
He is the 2nd and final child. But wife will be with me in the car headed to Detroit, and I have a feeling I'll get bashed over the head when she starts seeing "Memphis x miles" signs.No, your a$$ will be in the trunk the rest of the trip!!

cudagirl77
06-04-2016, 11:08 AM
Loaded and ready to go. Lol

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160604/7e7f010b6fb5ae8dfd5591114a819c9d.jpg

Not really though....she's off to get her exhaust put on. But once that's done we will be all set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.216VTurbo
06-05-2016, 04:01 AM
Loaded and ready to go. Lol

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160604/7e7f010b6fb5ae8dfd5591114a819c9d.jpg

Not really though....she's off to get her exhaust put on. But once that's done we will be all set.

LOL, you're gonna be the the first one ready, rest of us will be wrenching til last minute. I'm flying in the day before SDAC, not gonna much sleep before I drag my sh!t to Memphis

Force Fed Mopar
06-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Yeap, still trying to get my flashable setup working and then shake the car down before leaving lol.

minigts
06-06-2016, 10:01 AM
Yeap, still trying to get my flashable setup working and then shake the car down before leaving lol.

Man I hope this gets worked out soon. Glad you're making it to SDAC!

Force Fed Mopar
06-06-2016, 03:08 PM
If I can find a stock computer to run for now, it'd probably be fine. It's pretty much stock with exhaust now anyway lol.

BadAssPerformance
06-17-2016, 09:31 AM
Today is the last day to pre-register online for SDAC-26! Pre-registration link on our website www.sdac.org

djm3452004
06-17-2016, 12:34 PM
Hi all-

Can anyone suggest a decent, reasonably-close alternative to the Fairfield Inn? It is currently all booked-up.

Thanks!
Dave

cudagirl77
06-17-2016, 12:37 PM
Hi all-

Can anyone suggest a decent, reasonably-close alternative to the Fairfield Inn? It is currently all booked-up.

Thanks!
Dave

I think a few are at the Quality Inn across the street. There is also Super 8, Econo Lodge, La Quinta, and Days Inn all across the street. Memphis Inn and Budgetel Inn are next door. (Google maps is an awesome tool)

2.216VTurbo
06-17-2016, 01:16 PM
I think a few are at the Quality Inn across the street. There is also Super 8, Econo Lodge, La Quinta, and Days Inn all across the street. Memphis Inn and Budgetel Inn are next door. (Google maps is an awesome tool)

Lol Google maps, here I was thinking youre really really smart:lol:

djm3452004
06-17-2016, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=cudagirl77;1109907]I think a few are at the Quality Inn across the street. There is also Super 8, Econo Lodge, La Quinta, and Days Inn all across the street. Memphis Inn and Budgetel Inn are next door. (Google maps is an awesome tool)

Thanks for the info, I had done that exact same search, but remember reading in another thread about a previous SDAC get-together and a bad experience at a "hotel across the street" from the primary hotel. I was hoping to avoid that bad experience, and just generally find a spot where my car would not grow legs in the middle of the night!!

Thank you!
Dave

cordes
06-17-2016, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=cudagirl77;1109907]I think a few are at the Quality Inn across the street. There is also Super 8, Econo Lodge, La Quinta, and Days Inn all across the street. Memphis Inn and Budgetel Inn are next door. (Google maps is an awesome tool)

Thanks for the info, I had done that exact same search, but remember reading in another thread about a previous SDAC get-together and a bad experience at a "hotel across the street" from the primary hotel. I was hoping to avoid that bad experience, and just generally find a spot where my car would not grow legs in the middle of the night!!

Thank you!
Dave

If in doubt there's always the place by the costco off the isaac hayes.

turboshadow
06-17-2016, 02:30 PM
We did the quality Inn as it had the best reviews and it was $77 a night on priceline.

83scamp
06-17-2016, 02:58 PM
Just a question for those of us not familiar with the area.

Will you guys be passing out maps Friday night at the host hotel, or Jon Trotter's place for the events? Like how to get to the auto-X Saturday morning???:)

djm3452004
06-17-2016, 03:12 PM
We did the quality Inn as it had the best reviews and it was $77 a night on priceline.

Precisely the type of suggestion I was after, thanks so much!

Dave

BadAssPerformance
06-17-2016, 06:35 PM
I talked with the Fairfield and as of today they have a couple rooms with single bed left.

Just a question for those of us not familiar with the area.

Will you guys be passing out maps Friday night at the host hotel, or Jon Trotter's place for the events? Like how to get to the auto-X Saturday morning???:)

The information packet will be included in the SDAC-26 goody bag you will pick up at registration/check-in on Saturday night. For the AutoX, address is on the NASA page linked from the SDAC AutoX FAQ (http://www.sdac.org/info/faq26.html#34b)

cudagirl77
06-17-2016, 06:50 PM
I talked with the Fairfield and as of today they have a couple rooms with single bed left.

Switched our room from a double to a single so there should be at least one room with 2 doubles for anyone who needs it.

83scamp
06-17-2016, 08:15 PM

The information packet will be included in the SDAC-26 goody bag you will pick up at registration/check-in on Saturday night. For the AutoX, address is on the NASA page linked from the SDAC AutoX FAQ (http://www.sdac.org/info/faq26.html#34b)

Thanks JT. I did find it. I'll make sure to print it off Google before leaving.

7 days, and we'll be in Memphis!!!!

bradp
06-17-2016, 09:03 PM
Thanks JT. I did find it. I'll make sure to print it off Google before leaving.

7 days, and we'll be in Memphis!!!!

WooHoo. Can't wait. It'll be good to see you again. Is your son coming with you?

83scamp
06-17-2016, 10:12 PM
WooHoo. Can't wait. It'll be good to see you again. Is your son coming with you?

Yep. Can't go to a car show without him...;)

The Scamp is up in the air right now getting a new clutch. I figured with the abuse I'm going to put it through, the old disc wouldn't survive. Really don't want to be doing a clutch in the parking lot in Memphis...

cordes
06-17-2016, 11:39 PM
yep. Can't go to a car show without him...;)

the scamp is up in the air right now getting a new clutch. I figured with the abuse i'm going to put it through, the old disc wouldn't survive. really don't want to be doing a clutch in the parking lot in memphis...

booooooooooooooooooo!

wheming
06-17-2016, 11:58 PM
booooooooooooooooooo!

Don't you worry, they'll be some kind of parking lot rebuild going on, I'm quite sure...

cordes
06-18-2016, 12:02 AM
Don't you worry, they'll be some kind of parking lot rebuild going on, I'm quite sure...

Oh, sure. I would feel a lot better knowing that I could roll up and supervise a clutch job on day one though. I think someone does one each year.

wheming
06-18-2016, 12:04 AM
Oh, sure. I would feel a lot better knowing that I could roll up and supervise a clutch job on day one though. I think someone does one each year.

Maybe someone will need a new clutch after the burnout contest in Jon's driveway Friday night......:D

cordes
06-18-2016, 12:09 AM
Maybe someone will need a new clutch after the burnout contest in Jon's driveway Friday night......:D

That'll be an interesting one unless we take it to the road. Either way, I'm all for it.

2.216VTurbo
06-18-2016, 12:40 PM

This was last year's SDAC lot rebuild but really it could be *any* year at SDAC:lol:

Stuupid auto rotate:mad:

83scamp
06-18-2016, 12:49 PM

Well, I hope I'm the one to disappoint you...;) I know everybody chips in to get guys running(and I'm willing to help too), but being that I will probably be one of the only N/A guys there, and with a small clutch, I don't think parts will be readily available....

wheming
06-18-2016, 02:33 PM
This was last year's SDAC lot rebuild but really it could be *any* year at SDAC:lol:

Stuupid 2.216VTurbo doesn't know how to post pics...:mad:

Fixed for ya....
Also aside from my attire, was this the best dressed SDAC transmission swap crew to date?

cordes
06-18-2016, 03:07 PM
Fixed for ya....
Also aside from my attire, was this the best dressed SDAC transmission swap crew to date?

I was just getting ready to comment on the outfits. I thought that shirt looked really nice on Kelly. It was a shame to use it for the trans swap. I hope he bought another one before he left town.

Turbo3Iroc
06-20-2016, 09:13 PM
I may have to bring that shirt if I come out this year. Hopefully we wont have to put it back in service.

bfarroo
06-20-2016, 11:18 PM
Is there a cutoff for the autocross registration?

cordes
06-20-2016, 11:27 PM
I may have to bring that shirt if I come out this year. Hopefully we wont have to put it back in service.

Hopefully you do. You guys actually looked really cool in them.

83scamp
06-21-2016, 07:49 AM

Not that I've seen on the web site. Looks like you could show up that morning and pay the fee if you want to. Registration is still open online.

https://www.nasaproracing.com/events/2385.html

minigts
06-21-2016, 10:47 AM

I know it's a trek from CT, but it would be great if you can make it!

It will help them plan better if you can register early, but if you won't know for sure until you get ready to leave, I don' think they will complain if you register at the event.

83scamp
06-21-2016, 11:17 AM
Well, I hope I'm the one to disappoint you...;) I know everybody chips in to get guys running(and I'm willing to help too), but being that I will probably be one of the only N/A guys there, and with a small clutch, I don't think parts will be readily available....

Scamp is all back together and running fine... Hoping to get it washed tonight & a few paint chips touched up, then start loading it up tomorrow evening for the drive Friday!!!;)

Boys, I have to tell you, I haven't been this excited about a road trip in quite a while.

minigts
06-21-2016, 11:40 AM

Scamp is all back together and running fine... Hoping to get it washed tonight & a few paint chips touched up, then start loading it up tomorrow evening for the drive Friday!!!;)

Boys, I have to tell you, I haven't been this excited about a road trip in quite a while.

hahaha, man glad to hear it's all good. You coming directly to my place Friday? Just wondering because I'm going to ask the guy who owns the land across from my place if everyone can just park their trailers there instead of having to try and get situated on my property and all that. Thinking it will be easier, but regardless, you can bring it to my house first if you like.

cudagirl77
06-21-2016, 11:46 AM
hahaha, man glad to hear it's all good. You coming directly to my place Friday? Just wondering because I'm going to ask the guy who owns the land across from my place if everyone can just park their trailers there instead of having to try and get situated on my property and all that. Thinking it will be easier, but regardless, you can bring it to my house first if you like.

We will probably drop the trailer at the hotel, nap, and head over. 😁

83scamp
06-21-2016, 12:09 PM

I think we are at least going to check in at the hotel and unload the un-necessaries there. Then come over... I've got to hook up with Adam Lengel at some point Friday night to get him his trans. Can't have that in the back during the auto-X....

wheming
06-21-2016, 12:31 PM

Was going to ask that question.
Not sure if we'll drive past you to the host hotel to unload first, or if we'll stop with the need for vehicle-in-tow parking. Don't want to run the risk of having to try backing up with the van on the dolly.

minigts
06-21-2016, 12:34 PM
We will probably drop the trailer at the hotel, nap, and head over. 😁

Completely understand. I drove that trip like what you're doing, but in a car. Probably more time and more stressful carrying a car and trailer, for sure. Come over when you're good and rested. :thumb:

I think we are at least going to check in at the hotel and unload the un-necessaries there. Then come over... I've got to hook up with Adam Lengel at some point Friday night to get him his trans. Can't have that in the back during the auto-X....

Sounds good!

Was going to ask that question.
Not sure if we'll drive past you to the host hotel to unload first, or if we'll stop with the need for vehicle-in-tow parking. Don't want to run the risk of having to try backing up with the van on the dolly.

The area where you can park, either my house or across the street is very flat and plenty of room to turn around. Take a look at the aerial of my address 1415 Braden Road Mason, TN 38049 and you'll see what I mean.

Dan H
06-22-2016, 12:03 AM
Someone there was pretty clean....
I don't always blow transmissions 5 hours from home, but when I do, I visit Marshalls after the parts store.http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58586&d=1466274728

bradp
06-22-2016, 04:00 PM
Completely understand. I drove that trip like what you're doing, but in a car. Probably more time and more stressful carrying a car and trailer, for sure. Come over when you're good and rested. :thumb:

Sounds good!

The area where you can park, either my house or across the street is very flat and plenty of room to turn around. Take a look at the aerial of my address 1415 Braden Road Mason, TN 38049 and you'll see what I mean.

How late is too late to come by? My son (over 21) is coming too and we probably won't get to the hotel until about 8Pm Memphis time

minigts
06-23-2016, 12:15 AM
How late is too late to come by? My son (over 21) is coming too and we probably won't get to the hotel until about 8Pm Memphis time

Oh we'll be there for a while. I'm expecting people to start piling in around 7, but people can come as early as they like. I will be home all day.

cudagirl77
06-23-2016, 05:05 AM
Today's the big day...heading out late late tonight and should get in mid-day tomorrow. See everyone soon!

wheming
06-23-2016, 09:35 AM
Oh we'll be there for a while. I'm expecting people to start piling in around 7, but people can come as early as they like. I will be home all day.

Hey! I thought you said you didn't want us showing up too early...
Maybe we ought to leave tonight and be there at 6am?? :D

minigts
06-23-2016, 09:46 AM
Hey! I thought you said you didn't want us showing up too early...
Maybe we ought to leave tonight and be there at 6am?? :D

Hahaha well I just didn't want people coming for breakfast. ;) But early arrival is fine, just may be still working on some things before or around 5pm. I'm expecting a majority of people will get there around 7 though.

wheming
06-23-2016, 11:34 PM
Well, just got in from loading up MeanMini on to the dolly...
But, before we could do that after picking up my brother Dsn at the airport I decided to talk him into helping me install the CSR electric water pump. I hope i didn't just screw myself, but so far it seems ok. It will be untested until we can actually drive around some. Hopefully it'll keep the coolant system in check during the high rpm duty seem racing. There was decent flow just through the 2 drilled holes in my tstat.
We'll see how it goes. I will have to wire up a manual switch, and a doide to prevent back powering my ASD relay when the manual switch is on.

wheming
06-24-2016, 11:59 AM
We just crossed into Tennessee via I40.

663csx-t
06-24-2016, 12:05 PM
I hope everyone has a good time. Will not be able to make it this year. May next year

GLHS069
06-24-2016, 12:10 PM
you should be able to you since it will be in OH ;)

663csx-t
06-24-2016, 12:21 PM
Hopefully they say in the next sdac issue

cudagirl77
06-24-2016, 04:55 PM
Made it in 13 hours, through 7 states.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160624/ef2de161cf21571c105f07a8e9d69921.jpg

Dan H
06-25-2016, 12:35 AM
Wasn't sure if we had the right place, since Alan wasn't already here doing burnouts.

2.216VTurbo
06-25-2016, 05:41 AM
Wasn't sure if we had the right place, since Alan wasn't already here doing burnouts.

Um did you hear the pyrotechnics at 4 am? Uh, Yessir:lol:

mopar-tech
06-25-2016, 06:49 AM
You guys are killing me..

Well at least I have the Barrett Jackson auction to look forward too this afternoon, I get to watch all the drunk fools spending their money.

Its being held in my back yard and my friends wife scored tickets as she works for the casino.

wheming
06-25-2016, 07:24 AM
Um did you hear the pyrotechnics at 4 am? Uh, Yessir:lol:

Heard a car pulling in around 1am -0130 ish. Looked to see it was a red glht.... tried taking some pics from the room, but when the driver got out, it wasn't you. So i went to bed.
Only had 3 hours sleep in the last 24 hrs up to that point, and that was after being up 36 hours previously from Tues to weds night because of working nightshift Tuesday.
Needless to say i didn't hear a damn thing at 4am.

cudagirl77
06-25-2016, 05:29 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160625/44c7209b8a7530dbaa29d94a07ec35e0.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160625/cbfc4c70dbaf602c6e18f9943c64d283.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160625/e6b3dd88ddb194979777159fa9697f73.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160625/c83fb39e3ee0dbfb8a1321611115ba7c.jpg

cudagirl77
06-25-2016, 08:23 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/4ee89e58662450aeff1189f36329695f.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/6dac4fb94cb9657cde171e2f126b1def.jpg

86Shelby
06-25-2016, 08:28 PM
Thank you for the pics!

Sincerely,
Everyone who couldn't come

cudagirl77
06-25-2016, 08:31 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/31ebe8584b69a46d1557115088cd7fdf.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/41043b093aa85ba09b12db645f2359ab.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/11a0764c21f07b20b6577730184c5a08.jpg

82 Rampage
06-25-2016, 09:37 PM
To all those going to the car show tomorrow, we have a food vendor, they can only take cash, they don't have the capability to take cards remotely yet. They will have food and drinks available

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

2.216VTurbo
06-26-2016, 04:45 AM
To all those going to the car show tomorrow, we have a food vendor, they can only take cash, they don't have the capability to take cards remotely yet. They will have food and drinks available

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

So what kind of drinks then? this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship...

mrchriswray
06-26-2016, 09:10 AM

I mean come on, a first birthday party is a little selfish on the kids part. all it really is to showcase how much he drolls and how fast he can fill a diaper. SDAC on the other hand...:banana-mario:

cudagirl77
06-26-2016, 01:31 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/7031874989b18dc4b36ee1575e75ac41.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/a062592a78be441912b6a05db219650d.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/6c6ae7a27f480c4d47a0672c33dc39e0.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/8c89ca0866164acf04fdd579f1db8b87.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/d5971fc79c604a252996816ac8f93d7b.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/790a38d153c1d865a40d6c7e3409501c.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/4cb19dbb8efa98f054918afc7f474a15.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/bf387690bb3baa9f77cd9bc6102cc10b.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/4ee6bf8ae5431f2a2222f3286a7bf4b2.jpg

bigbarneycars
06-26-2016, 02:45 PM
Thank You again Cudagirl...BTW Who'z the owner of the shiny Blue 'Page with the Shelby stripe and GFX

Force Fed Mopar
06-26-2016, 03:13 PM
Pic thread started here

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?80354-SDAC-26-Picture-thread-thread&highlight=

cudagirl77
06-26-2016, 03:14 PM
TurboCSX2 -Jamie

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/c115d391e5d65138ea9be85dd35fdfbe.jpg

bigbarneycars
06-27-2016, 06:55 AM
Cool. Give him an UH-RAH and thumbz up from Jer. I'm on my 4th FLT(funny little truck) This one goez into the ground with me, lol

wheming
06-29-2016, 09:44 AM
Just rolled into the homestead from Memphis. We left after the event awards, and it was a long ride through the night after a long days racing.
Now need to get some sleep before i go into work 12 hours of nightshift in a few hours...

wheming
06-29-2016, 07:11 PM
Jaren, tried to view the dragracing livestream, but obviously says ended. It won't play the recorded event?

83scamp
06-30-2016, 09:42 AM
Not sure if this is the right place for it or not(mods can move if needed), but I wanted to send out a warning to anybody who attended SDAC-26 and bought anything at the corner gas station down from the host hotel with a credit/debit card. Somebody there was skimming cards. Luckily mine is protected, and my bank caught it, declined it, and let me know. But you may want to check your account/statements for any unusual activity.

wheming
06-30-2016, 11:08 AM
Not sure if this is the right place for it or not(mods can move if needed), but I wanted to send out a warning to anybody who attended SDAC-26 and bought anything at the corner gas station down from the host hotel with a credit/debit card. Somebody there was skimming cards. Luckily mine is protected, and my bank caught it, declined it, and let me know. But you may want to check your account/statements for any unusual activity.

You mean from inside the store, or just from pay-at-the-pump?

83scamp
06-30-2016, 11:17 AM
You mean from inside the store, or just from pay-at-the-pump?

Would have been pay at the pump. I bought some ice & water there, but paid cash for that..

2.216VTurbo
06-30-2016, 12:09 PM
I always pay cash on trips FTMFW! But I did love that Exon for their beer til 3 am rule:number1:

83scamp
06-30-2016, 02:05 PM
I wanted to again thank everyone who made this years event happen. It was a huge success, and I had an absolute blast(even with the heat).

Special thanks to all the folks who helped this newbie during the auto-X & drag day, I'm awful with names, but know your help was greatly appreciated. Also, thanks for not laughing at my newbie mistakes. From the first day I felt like I belonged, and I made a few new awesome friends in the process. Can't wait until next year to do it all again!!!

Turbo3Iroc
06-30-2016, 08:55 PM
I always pay cash on trips FTMFW! But I did love that Exon for their beer til 3 am rule:number1:
"Corporate Sponsored"

BadAssPerformance
06-30-2016, 10:43 PM
Thanks for everyone who could make it out and we missed those who couldn't!

supercrackerbox
06-30-2016, 11:16 PM

Which one? The Hop-In? That's about the only one I didn't stop at.

83scamp
07-01-2016, 05:45 AM
Which one? The Hop-In? That's about the only one I didn't stop at.

The Exxon station on the corner of Macon Cove & Sycamore... I think they called it the Hop-in...

DodgeZdad
07-09-2016, 08:52 AM
The Exxon station on the corner of Macon Cove & Sycamore... I think they called it the Hop-in...
I didn't get scammed but the gas isn't worth a hoot.

2.216VTurbo
07-09-2016, 09:24 AM
I didn't get scammed but the gas isn't worth a hoot.

Yeah but they sell beer til 3am, thats worth something in my book!:eyebrows: It was 0250 when this crew rolled in and we grabbed all we could carrry:clap:

wheming
07-09-2016, 10:30 AM
What a great pic meow.
Corporate Sponsorship ftw!
Thanks again AJ!

csxtra
07-09-2016, 12:33 PM
That WAS a great pic, meow!

Sorry I missed the corporate sponsorship event, I was putting tools away and cleaning up after the CSX's transmission thrash.

MANY thanks go out to Wayne and Dan Hemingway for the axle seals, the awesome fashion statement in that picture, and the ride to WalMart to pick up a plastic bin for the transmission. Mucho Gratitude also to Adam Lengel for lending me a donor trans, and Jackson who gave up a bunch of his SDAC parking lot time to swap the warren-ed out carnage out for working internals. Thanks also to Kevin Franzen (DodgeZ) and Rob M (Force Fed Mopar) for their education on the correct AIS motor for a 52mm Throttle Body, and Kevin for picking up dinner for Max and I during the thrash and for loaning me an AIS motor that matches my throttle body. Also thanks to AJ for the car wash when I was too exhausted to do it myself...without you I wouldn't have been able to make the car show the next day. RIP Alan! Also thanks to Brad Pennington for lending me his electric impact, it came in very handy!

I count myself as very lucky to be a member of this community, SDAC is a great extended family to be a part of!

Warren

cudagirl77
07-09-2016, 05:25 PM
Pics and videos

https://www.flickr.com/gp/144863546@N05/cd7aF6

wheming
07-09-2016, 06:29 PM
Thanks! I miss SDAC already...

wheming
07-30-2016, 02:17 PM
Did anyone else manage to get some dragracing videos?
Interested in trying to compile more MeanMini racing videos.

cordes
07-30-2016, 10:48 PM
I have a bunch of videos, but I'm still working on getting my pics uploaded.

Force Fed Mopar
07-31-2016, 10:40 AM
Did anyone else manage to get some dragracing videos?
Interested in trying to compile more MeanMini racing videos.

I got a few, uploading all my SDAC race day vids to youtube right now.

BadAssPerformance
08-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Videos - Anyoen have SDAC-26 videos please email jt@sdac.org with SDAC26 Videos in subject - THANKS!

Force Fed Mopar
08-05-2016, 10:36 PM
Videos - Anyoen have SDAC-26 videos please email jt@sdac.org with SDAC26 Videos in subject - THANKS!

Working on sending you mine now.

BadAssPerformance
08-15-2016, 10:24 PM
Thanks, keep them coming!

cordes
08-15-2016, 11:08 PM
I took me weeks to get Jon the videos just of his car. If you really want I could try to send some. I've got one SDAC video that's been uploading forever to youtube. Feel free to pull it and use it when it goes live. I still have a ton more to do.

cordes
12-21-2016, 06:56 PM
OK, I just built a new computer and it allows me to do a much better job editing video than before. Here is my newest addition. Thanks to Brian Slowe for taking the time to talk with me and for playing a bit of a heel in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJsXIADteNA

wheming
12-21-2016, 07:30 PM
OK, I just built a new computer and it allows me to do a much better job editing video than before. Here is my newest addition. Thanks to Brian Slowe for taking the time to talk with me and for playing a bit of a heel in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJsXIADteNA

Cool video!
And thanks for taking it easy on MeanMini Brian! ;)
I might have a little more for you at SDAC27... lol!

cordes
12-21-2016, 09:08 PM
I really wish I had interviewed you at the drags Wayne. I have some good clips of Mean Mini going down the track. Be on the lookout for all the drag footage I shot in one big video. It's nearly 13min of cars going down the track if I'm not mistaken. I only missed a couple rounds of the turtle race, and maybe one of the bracket racing.

Pat
12-21-2016, 09:20 PM
Nice! Lol

cordes
12-22-2016, 12:47 AM
Warren Hall's transmission gets proof tested before his drive back to OH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HCzrS_9nlo

csxtra
12-22-2016, 01:01 AM
Warren Hall's transmission gets proof tested before his drive back to OH.

Nice Job Brian! (of course I am a little biased...lol)

Thanks again to Adam Lengel for letting me "borrow" a transmission, Jackson for all his help swapping parts around to put together a good trans, and the Hemingway brothers for making it all possible Meow :thumb:

cordes
12-22-2016, 01:04 AM
Thanks Warren. Everyone has to take a turn rebuilding their trans in the lot. I guess this was your year, so you should be good for a while. Thanks for your time in the lot and at the track. It was fun putting those together.

wheming
12-22-2016, 06:07 AM
Nice Job Brian! (of course I am a little biased...lol)

Thanks again to Adam Lengel for letting me "borrow" a transmission, Jackson for all his help swapping parts around to put together a good trans, and the Hemingway brothers for making it all possible Meow :thumb:

Although our contribution was small, it was nonetheless vital! :meow:
Happy to have helped! :p

wheming
12-22-2016, 06:14 AM
I really wish I had interviewed you at the drags Wayne. I have some good clips of Mean Mini going down the track. Be on the lookout for all the drag footage I shot in one big video. It's nearly 13min of cars going down the track if I'm not mistaken. I only missed a couple rounds of the turtle race, and maybe one of the bracket racing.

There should be other times. Given what you got from Brian, it would have been cool to contribute to the storyline!
The heat was awful, and I was hoping to do better there. And by my last race race i just wanted to break out and be done.
Hoping i can make it this year!

BadAssPerformance
12-22-2016, 01:08 PM
Nice videos Cordes!

cordes
12-22-2016, 01:16 PM
Thanks JT. I've got a lot of footage from this summer to go through still.

Lotashelbys
12-22-2016, 01:54 PM
Good thing I built "race trans" out of a weiner gearset that night lol

cordes
12-22-2016, 02:20 PM
Good thing I built "race trans" out of a weiner gearset that night lol

I think the results speak for themselves.

contraption22
12-22-2016, 03:56 PM
Nice Videos, Brian. Always enjoy your stuff.

cordes
12-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Thanks Mike. Over the last year or two I've been trying to up the production value so they're more interesting. I think it's starting to pay off.

jcronk23
12-22-2016, 08:17 PM
Audio sounds good on this too, Brian!

cordes
12-22-2016, 09:45 PM
Are you being serious? That's one area I really need to work on. A decent shotgun mic and a lapel mic would go a long way.

fleckster
12-23-2016, 08:09 AM
When Joy tells you that, "You need to get a Grip!" maybe she is meaning a sound microphone guy???

I thought the audio was great in this video personally.

cordes
12-23-2016, 11:36 AM
When Joy tells you that, "You need to get a Grip!" maybe she is meaning a sound microphone guy???

I thought the audio was great in this video personally.

Maybe that is what she meant. I tried to get a college girl to intern for me and she thought it was a bad idea for some reason.

jcronk23
12-23-2016, 08:26 PM
Are you being serious? That's one area I really need to work on. A decent shotgun mic and a lapel mic would go a long way.

Yep, sounded pretty good on my jesus phone 7 plus.

cordes
12-23-2016, 10:02 PM
Wow, I'm really glad to hear that. Thanks for the feedback.

cordes
12-30-2016, 11:43 PM
Redbox was victorious in the road rally. Here's the tape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGVPHSChY7E&feature=youtu.be

2.216VTurbo
12-31-2016, 03:19 PM
That vid is so full of win:amen:! Thanks Rhymes With:clap:

cordes
12-31-2016, 03:50 PM

Just wait until you see what's coming next.

2.216VTurbo
01-02-2017, 02:09 AM
Just wait until you see what's coming next.

Subscribed!

BadAssPerformance
01-02-2017, 01:33 PM

Absolutely badass! great work team red box and Rhymes With movie productions!

cordes
01-02-2017, 10:23 PM
Here are all the drag day runs that I captured. I tried to stabilize them, but some of the runs cropped in pretty tight and you don't get all of the times. If you guys really want I could redo that. I think I need a couple more shots before putting up my next installment of my SDAC related videos. It won't be long now. I promise they'll be out before next year!

Speaking of which, there is actual interest in the comments section of this video regarding the event. I'm happy that we're making people talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QNM2R8dVc8