PDA

View Full Version : Consulier Car on ebay

Johnny
04-27-2016, 02:57 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-Consulier-Gtp-Unspecified-/311600994639?forcerrptr=true&hash=item488cddd94f:g:McMAAOSwubRXIMsQ&item=311600994639

- - - Updated - - -

I like the blacked out A pillers.

Rrider
04-27-2016, 06:04 PM
That looks like VIN #11.

MPI_duster
04-27-2016, 06:12 PM
Looks to be a very well maintained car, with good paint. Will be interesting to see what happens. Wonder if it's theirs or on consignment?

Rrider
04-27-2016, 07:26 PM
This is what I was remembering seeing on the internets.. its from this car.

polopharm
04-27-2016, 11:18 PM
I can't open the ad on ebay. Tried many times.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Johnny
04-28-2016, 12:58 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/311600994639?forcerRptr=true&item=311600994639&viewitem=

Just do a search?...for Consulier

player1up
04-28-2016, 10:23 AM
I like the blacked out A pillers.

I'm liking the blackout as well, just a small thing, but looks really good.

I wonder what the deal is with the state VIN...

Rrider
04-28-2016, 12:30 PM
Usually its a theft recovery thing.

I like the blackout too. I would even take it one pillar further back.

The only reason I remembered the VIN frame stamping is there are only supposed to be around ten series 1 cars. So its easy to remember seeing them.

polopharm
04-28-2016, 12:48 PM
I did the black on both pillars on the red series one , with a friends left over wrap. It did look great. Then we tried the whole greenhouse , wasn't that great , but did alter the "awkward" angle you get from certain angles.

player1up
04-28-2016, 02:17 PM
.....but did alter the "awkward" angle you get from certain angles.

Exactly... such a HUGE improvement from a small mod

Chris W
04-28-2016, 02:40 PM
I'm liking the blackout as well, just a small thing, but looks really good.

I wonder what the deal is with the state VIN...

When I registered my '88 the DMV required that tag be placed in the door jam. They would not accept the one on the engine cradle.

Chris-TU

Rrider
04-28-2016, 05:56 PM
But theres also a VIN label under the windshield on the dash right.. how is that not enough?

Chris W
04-29-2016, 03:04 AM
But theres also a VIN label under the windshield on the dash right.. how is that not enough?

Not on my '88 there isn't.

Rrider
04-29-2016, 12:40 PM
Ah gotcha, makes sense then. That is strange how some have it and some do not.

Johnny
04-29-2016, 01:01 PM
When it comes to a Consulier...you never know.

Johnny
07-25-2016, 05:45 PM
The automatic car is back on ebay.

polopharm
11-13-2016, 10:20 AM
Car is back on Ebay. And also is on BaT,
They have done a terrible job in the text on BaT, but the comments have been at least over 50% positive.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Dr. Johny Dodge
11-13-2016, 02:39 PM
When I registered my '88 the DMV required that tag be placed in the door jam. They would not accept the one on the engine cradle.

Chris-TU

- probably so any cop on the side of the road can check it easy enough without having to hunt it down

GLHNSLHT2
11-13-2016, 04:43 PM
Car is back on Ebay. And also is on BaT,
They have done a terrible job in the text on BaT, but the comments have been at least over 50% positive.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Got a link? Nothing comes up in the search.

Rayshin
11-13-2016, 10:50 PM
Gentlemen new to the group, I am interested in the one that was just up on BaT and eBay. Is a series 1 fare different than the two other than the motor? Would I be better to wait and hunt for a different one and is the 65k reasonable? From the pictures the mirrors look droopy and I noticed that the exhaust looks different than other photos of the the cars. Lastly only one fan on the series 1?

Thanks for the help help and information.

Johnny
11-13-2016, 11:41 PM
A car is worth what ever the seller can get for it. That said, most in the last few years have sold for under $40k.
Also, if I was offered that $65k for mine, I might turn it down.

Yes, the early cars only had one fan.
the mirrors adjust, they are just adjusted down.

5DIGITS
11-14-2016, 09:14 AM
A car is worth what ever the seller can get for it....

Johnny, that was well said.
There's what a seller may value their item at (which can include sentimental value and remains priceless) and what the market will support.
I watch GLHS Omni's post for astronomical prices but as my Dad use to say... "Wish in one hand and *&#* in the other".
For example, I'm looking to let the Team Shelby Charger #54 go to a new respecting home.
One might think the racing history of the car, it being the only one shared between the eastern (Chrysler's team Shelby) and the western region (Paul Rossi) and it being one of six original development prototype Shelby Chargers that the value would be through the ceiling...
To me, the value of the car and what is being sought is only equal to the time and parts invested to resurrect the car to functional status.
In other words, the car 'itself' is being offered for free, once the parts and labor are paid for.
With that considered - it's a reasonable selling price when compared to a $28k GLHS... but I'll still request to have what they're on:drum:.

GLHNSLHT2
11-14-2016, 07:38 PM
For years these cars have sold for around $20k when they pop up. The fire sale brought cheaper ones that people with disposable income bought trying to flip to people that hadn't seen them before. Yes I think 65k is outrageous. The blue one with the T3 might of been 35-40k before it was wrecked. A clean driver around $20k still IMO.

MPI_duster
11-15-2016, 06:27 PM
Gentlemen new to the group, I am interested in the one that was just up on BaT and eBay. Is a series 1 fare different than the two other than the motor? Would I be better to wait and hunt for a different one and is the 65k reasonable? From the pictures the mirrors look droopy and I noticed that the exhaust looks different than other photos of the the cars. Lastly only one fan on the series 1?

Thanks for the help help and information.

I can follow up on 2 I knew of in South Florida for you if you'd like. Droopy mirrors aren't an issue, it's just the way the mirror is set. New ones can be purchased reasonably if the joint is truly worn.
Differences in series 1 and series 2 cars are primarily body composition and slight aero differences (front wheel opening), and the dash. Series 1 and 2 cars utilized the same motor from 1988 daytonas.
There were a couple of different exhaust options, most came with a super trap, but I've got one with dual exhaust. Some series 1 cars had a single fan, some have two; I haven't heard of any cooling issues with the single fan cars.
$65 is probably in line with where they should be, may be a touch high, but we've all had issues with a marketable price, due to low volume. Most cars viewed as track day cars are $50k+