PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 1987 Shelby Lancer #763 of 800 122k 5Spd $5500.

Chris W
04-15-2016, 11:22 PM
Date: 16th April 2016
Username: Chris W
Owner:Chris Wright
Selling or Wanted Price: $5500.

Description: 1987 Shelby Lancer #763 of 800 122k 5Spd Cloth interior.

History: Per Shelby Registry Vehicle sold out of Chrysler. Previous owner purchased in North West and relocated to Phoenix where I purchased it in 2008.

All lights (including Fog lights) are operational. All switches including window, door locks, seat, trunk, etc. are functioning. All dashboard gauges and overhead console outside temp gauge are working properly. A/C worked great but may have lost it's charge due to lack of use. Can discuss re-servicing prior to sale.

Vehicle was repainted due to typical clear coat oxidation. Was professionally detailed prior to photographs being taken. Interior photographs were taken recently. No rips or tears in seats. They all appear in excellent condition.

Vehicle has always been very reliable for us. Was driven many times to the CA SDAC monthly meetings 700 miles round trip. Excellent Gas Mileage in the high 20's around town to low 30's on the highway.

The reason we are selling this vehicle is because it's rarely used. Current insurance and registration has been maintained. For over a year now a local enthusiast had asked us to hold the car for him. He recently admitted that it would be a while longer before he would have the funds to purchase it. We have our eyes on a few more cars and need the space now so it's up for sale. Hopefully it remains in the Southwest so we can see it again in the future. When they are this reliable you kind of form an attachment to them. It's the ones that constantly break down that you are glad to see go.

Additional photographs available upon request.

Vehicle is mostly stock with the following upgrades:

TU Cast Iron Hybrid Exhaust Header
TU Tranny Buster T3/T4 Hybrid w/50 Trim E cover and Stage 2 turbine wheel (1k miles)
TU Inline 60 Micron Turbo Oil Filter
TU 3" Swingvalve
TU 3" Exhaust Sytem with Hi Flo Magnaflow Catalytic Convertor and Muffler
TU Stage III Yellow 6 puck Clutch (3k miles)
TU Aluminum Thermostat Housing with O-Ring
TU Cone Air Filter System
TU Billett Aluminum Fuel Rail
TU AFPR Billett Rail Adapter
Accufab Rail Mounted Adjustable FPR
MP Injectors
Walbro 255HP Fuel Pump
Performance Ignition Coil
Pillar Mounted Air Fuel Monitor
Pillar Mounted Boost Gauge
Vehicle was undercoated from the factory
Alpine Stereo

Items recently repaired/replaced:

Power Window Regulator Tapes
Window Rail track clips
Front/Rear Brakes
Radiator Serviced
Hatchback Struts

There may be more items but honestly it's hard to remember them all. Can obtain service records from our mechanic.

Needs:

Headliner Replace
Drivers Side Reverse Light has small crack

Shelby Specific Items Missing:

TII Air Cleaner Set Up
Shelby Valve Cover
No Body decals.
Dash Plaque
Pioneer DEX77

Although this Shelby Lancer has a plethora of bolt on go fast goodies it has not been altered in any way that would prevent it from being restored to it’s original condition. . It would just be a matter of swapping out those performance parts. We have many of the parts required to take it to the extreme or return it to it’s original condition. Below is a short list of parts we currently have or have sources for.

Shelby Valve Cover- ’89 version in stock
Monroe Formula GP struts- These are extras we have in stock. Originals are installed and working great.
Upper Hatchback Spoiler from 1989 Dodge Lancer Shelby (White)- This is not original for the 1987 SL but many owners like to add this on.
Possible TII air Cleaner set up - Would have to search through our storage to see if we have one in good condition.
MP Stage 2 Logic Module- MP Computer upgrade available. Not original equipment.
Extra Radiator- Extra if you would like a spare.
Extra Hood- Extra if you would like a spare
Pioneer DEX77- We do not own this item but have a local source in Phoenix. Original equipment

Chris-TU

2.216VTurbo
04-16-2016, 01:41 AM
Ive seen it many times. It's nice. I want it. I don't have room. GLWS

TopDollar69
04-18-2016, 05:15 PM
Any rust on the car? The rear door pics look like there might be some in the seams on the door bottoms or they could just be dirty?

Chris W
04-18-2016, 06:04 PM
That would be dust. Engine bay also quite dusty. I have two customers stopping by today. If there is time after that I will detail both and post some additional pics.

Can take undercarriage pics too.

Chris-TU

Chris W
04-18-2016, 06:09 PM
Ive seen it many times. It's nice. I want it. I don't have room. GLWS

Thanks for the compliment Alan. Hopefully it will go to a good home.

Chris-TU

PS: Can deliver to LA area in case you change your mind ;)

Chris W
04-18-2016, 10:42 PM
Did a quick engine compartment and door jam clean up

Upgrades added:
TU Inline Turbo Oil Filter
TU Billett Aluminum Fuel Rail
TU AFPR Billett Rail Adapter
Accufab Rail Mounted Adjustable FPR
MP Injectors
Vehicle was undercoated from the factory
Alpine Stereo

wheming
04-19-2016, 11:12 AM
That is a really nice car Chris.
Must be great living where a car can survive like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Chris W
04-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Thanks Wayne! I am still debating whether I want to keep it or not. Just bought 4 wheel cap emblems last night. http://www.greatlakeshotrod.com/Great_Lakes_Hot_Rods/Shelby_Lancer_Center_Caps.html :thumb:

Chris-TU

Chris W
07-22-2016, 06:42 PM
Bumpster!

Animalman1981
12-08-2016, 03:49 AM
You still have this car Chris? Interested 😀

Chris W
12-08-2016, 12:38 PM
Yes. There are 3 local guys who asked me to hold it for them while they save up, but, i am running out of time. Need the storage space for another car that was just painted. Also have an Omni GLHS, 16-V TC Maserati and Shelby Dakota for sale. Once one of them sells and I have storage space the rest are off the market.

Let me know,

Chris-TU

Chris W
05-17-2017, 12:27 PM
#763 SOLD!!!!

On it's way from Arizona to a good home on the East Coast.

Managed to get in a few family photos before she left.

Chris-TU

DOHCRT
05-17-2017, 04:02 PM
Finally...Did they give you notice this time?

Chris W
05-17-2017, 05:15 PM
Finally...Did they give you notice this time?

Initially only 3-4 hours but they were running late. In the end it worked out to be around 24 hours this time.

Chris-TU