PDA

View Full Version : GTP wire diagram??? AC info???

Johnny
04-05-2016, 07:54 PM
My AC guy said my car doesn't have a AC low pressure cut off switch and that is should have.
SO I am asking...

Anyone have AC work done and what can you tell me about it?

Anyone discover a Consulier wire diagram they could share??

polopharm
04-05-2016, 08:45 PM
George Lawson did all the wiring on the cars. I can send him a message. He does not have a diagram. I have asked.

polopharm
04-05-2016, 09:06 PM
This just in from george-
"Yes it does, it's on the receiver dryer mounted on fire wall."

player1up
04-05-2016, 09:41 PM
This just in from george-
"Yes it does, it's on the receiver dryer mounted on fire wall."

x2. That's where mine is.

Johnny
04-05-2016, 11:01 PM
I didn't see it, but will look again....thanks.

player1up
04-06-2016, 09:28 AM
Benji might be the best person to ask since his car is apart.

Wiring is stock except it has an extension in the harness and aftermarket gauges. Some wires run in the center console, most along the drivers rocker.

From what I've seen of the wiring, you've got the stock stuff at the engine, but with a bulkhead jumper in the dash.
Meaning, imagine the stock wiring in a stock k-car, but instead of the bulkhead connector coming through the firewall and leading straight to the dash it goes to the back seat where all of the gauges are. ok maybe that's a bad analogy but the car has 2 bulkhead connectors.

There is a bulkhead extension of about 3.5 feet ( maybe less )

ENGINE--BLKHD--gauges
ENGINE--BLKHD---------BLKHD--gauges

The bulkhead jumper is custom ( wires are wrong color, but go back to stock on the far end ) and the gauges are custom, but it's no different than installing aftermarket stuff in a stock fwd mopar.

As for the A/C. The parts list shows 00405 as the evap unit ( danhard inc ). I called them and they're sending me the install instructions. I'll forward it over to you when I get it.

This whole wiring talk makes me wonder if we could add a traveler computer...hmmm ( just thinking out loud ) ;)

bfarroo
04-06-2016, 01:34 PM
I have the low pressure switch wiring in the engine bay but the car doesn't have any AC components installed.

player1up
04-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Johnny/Benji, you have email

bfarroo
04-06-2016, 04:24 PM
Do our older AC systems have more than 1 switch? (High and low) I know my newer ones did but I didn't think the older ones did?

player1up
04-07-2016, 12:14 AM
I don't think so, in the traditional sense. no "Max A/C" just on with fan low, med, high

Johnny
04-14-2016, 12:13 AM
I looked and found the switch! 😀
I was hidden under the water fill tank.

jacob mosler
04-18-2016, 09:17 AM
I looked and found the switch! 
I was hidden under the water fill tank.

best place to hide it!