PDA

View Full Version : Low Rear Brake Power 89 Turbo Mini

2.216VTurbo
04-04-2016, 02:28 AM
Ive upgraded the fronts to 11.25" brakes on Woody but the rear drums aren't doing sh!t:mad: Full stomp on the brake pedal and the rears are still barely functioning. Ive changed out the rear leafs for some de-arched LWB leafs but lost the auto adjusting rear load sensing feature in the process.
I tried safety wiring the little pressure valve to 'full load' simulation with no real gain/effect. I do get fluid from both rear calipers when bleeding but theres just no lock up. Im thinking of just omitting that rear distribution valve/block out of the system with a couple of female/female short brake lines. The fronts are doing all the work right now. I just discovered this when replacing the front pads and cutting the rotors today. Any other ideas or thoughts on getting the rear drums to pull their weight so to speak? I did adjust the shoes with the star wheel until they drag just a little. E brake works awesome now but no real effect on braking afterwards. Any Mini owners been thru this?

wheming
04-04-2016, 07:05 AM
Usually when that valve gets eliminated you lock up your back brakes when braking.
MeanMini has that valve eliminated, and required using two brake biasing valves, one in each rear brake line.

Maybe you have a bad proportioning valve? Or bad master cylinder?

turbovanmanČ
04-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Sounds like a bad rear prop valve. I know when I lowered mine, the rears did nothing, then I adjusted it and almost crashed as the back locked up, and put me sideways-picked a wet day to do that, lol.