PDA

View Full Version : Weber Carb

Silver84GLH
04-03-2016, 05:15 PM
Hi all,

I need some help. Just install a new Weber 32/36 on my 1984 Omni GLH NA.
There is 1 Vacuum port on the front of the carb, where do I connect vacuum from?? I think it is the computer, but where is this exactly. Pictures would be great too.

I want to get this running tonight, but need help from anyone.

Thank you,
Alan

iTurbo
04-03-2016, 05:30 PM
Hi all,

I need some help. Just install a new Weber 32/36 on my 1984 Omni GLH NA.
There is 1 Vacuum port on the front of the carb, where do I connect vacuum from?? I think it is the computer, but where is this exactly. Pictures would be great too.

I want to get this running tonight, but need help from anyone.

Thank you,
Alan

You'll want to connect that vacuum line to the 'Spark Control Computer'. It is similar to the 'power module' on the turbo cars. That is the black box next to the battery that has the air intake routed though it. On the top side, you should see a vacuum transducer with a vacuum nipple for connecting the line.

iTurbo
04-03-2016, 06:05 PM
Also, make sure your knock sensor is functioning properly. It is the one-wire sensor located in the intake manifold on the #3 runner below the air filter box. These engines were pretty high compression, so you'll want to run it on 91 octane. My old '85 Omni GLH n/a would "diesel" like crazy if I put anything lower than 91 in. When setting the initial ignition timing, I wouldn't go above the stock spec of 12' BTDC for starters.

Silver84GLH
04-03-2016, 09:13 PM
Thank you all.
Got it running, just needs a little tuning. Runs 99% better than the Holley.:clap: