PDA

View Full Version : In praise of my 91 Spirit R/T

Wastelands Warrior
02-24-2016, 06:19 PM
I bought a clean Spirit R/T back in October, with the idea of it being a nice weather daily driver and cruiser. Well, my beater 04 Cavalier started breaking down on a regular basis, and budget and weather constraints didn't allow me to fix it properly. So the R/T got pressed into service as a daily driver. I've had to deal with a couple of glitches due to the car not being driven much by the previous owner in the 11 years he owned it, and also the fact that it had many original parts. Like a miss that was driving me nuts until I realized it was on the original wires and they were shot. But even with glitches it never left me stranded, and it's been driven rain or shine 7 days a week. The only mods I've done is some 16 inch wheels and 225/50/16 General G Max tires. This is one of the nicest riding cars I've ever owned. It's also good in the rain, puts out great heat and A/C, and if definitely fast. This Friday I'm getting a 3 inch turbo back exhaust done, as I need more sound and the extra ponies will be nice as well.

Turbo224
02-25-2016, 04:17 PM
Woot! woot! T3 FTW!

Wastelands Warrior
02-25-2016, 06:15 PM
Woot! woot! T3 FTW!
Yessir! Drove through some nasty rain last night and made out like a boss!

iTurbo
03-04-2016, 03:15 AM
I can't wait to drive my Spirit R/T again. Although by that time I will have to sell it Somebody local will get a very fun car. I wish I could keep it.