PDA

View Full Version : Experience with wraps?

polopharm
02-14-2016, 05:10 PM
In order to participate in the One Lap of America you need to have the event sponsors logos on your vehicle.
While the blue car is in no way a show car I don't want to put stickers on the body.

So options are
1 I can take sponsors stickers and try n have removable decals made. I have been told this doesn't work well and can lead to other paint issues.

2 - have the car wrapped , then apply the stickers to the wrap. After the event peel it all off. I have heard mixed reports on this. Any thoughts?

I do not want to plasti dip it. I have bad luck doing this to my Mr2 , was not very easy to get all off. Left residue etc.

MPI_duster
02-14-2016, 06:12 PM
Wraps for these cars are not cheap, due to the complex curves and the amount of surface area. The stickers are probably the best route. Are there too many or too large for use on the windows?

polopharm
02-14-2016, 06:46 PM
They have specific locations required. Windshield has to have " tire rack" only. Then a handful of others. On sides etc

Your point is good. Would the problem be wrinkling ? Or what?What about doing just the flat area on the sides? Like below the greenhouse.
No idea what color to do if I went that route.

Any concerns about removing it?

2.216VTurbo
02-14-2016, 09:40 PM
I bought a good set of scissors and modified the stickers for our OLA Shelby Charger. The tire rack windshield sticker is huge but if you cut the letters out and apply them they are easy to remove;)

going4speed
02-17-2016, 02:16 PM
what about using paint protection film under the required stickers?

http://www.amazon.com/Scotchgard-Clear-Paint-Protection--60-inches/dp/B004VG6QYS/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1455732877&sr=8-10&keywords=paint+protection+film

Reaper1
02-17-2016, 04:43 PM
Clean the surface REALLY well. Wax the snot out of it, then apply stickers as needed. Once the event is over, a little heat from a heat gun and a plastic scraper and they *should* come right off.

polopharm
02-17-2016, 05:05 PM
Both ideas sound good. And I can practice on my street car.