PDA

View Full Version : l body weather stripping

jimster
10-04-2006, 05:43 PM
i am starting the resurection of my 85 sc, and need weather stripping for it, is there a place to get this as a kit?

GLHS592
10-04-2006, 05:59 PM
No. People have tried to get somebody to reproduce them with no luck so far.

jah5r
10-09-2006, 01:46 AM
Well that sucks. I need the same thing for mine. Is there any way to get weather for the 85 SC custom made. Oh hey jimster, I think I know you, pretty well.

jimster
10-09-2006, 05:48 PM
whatever...probably cause i am your dad.

shmedley
10-09-2006, 06:26 PM
They pop up on Ebay every now and again. I am in need of some my self.

jah5r
10-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Oh well hello DAD. I didn't know you were on here. HaHa

blackart
11-19-2006, 10:25 PM
hea i have done a lot of work trying to find them and guess what i think i might have someone who will be getting them. WANNA KNOW WHO!!!!!.......................................... ......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................WELL THE GUY I TALKED TO AT TURBOS UNLEASHED SAYS HES GOT THE FIRST OF A "TEST FIT" SORTA DEAL AND IF THEY FIT WELL HES GONNA START ORDERING THEM UP BY THE GOBSS FOR US FOOLS OUT HERE ISINT THAT FRIGGIN AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

WVRampage
11-19-2006, 10:48 PM
hea i have done a lot of work trying to find them and guess what i think i might have someone who will be getting them. WANNA KNOW WHO!!!!!.......................................... ......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................WELL THE GUY I TALKED TO AT TURBOS UNLEASHED SAYS HES GOT THE FIRST OF A "TEST FIT" SORTA DEAL AND IF THEY FIT WELL HES GONNA START ORDERING THEM UP BY THE GOBSS FOR US FOOLS OUT HERE ISINT THAT FRIGGIN AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

we can only hope that there will be sets made for us....

blackart
11-19-2006, 10:54 PM
i know somebody should call back to TU perodically and then give a call out cuz who knows how long they will produce them yaknow well we can only hope for the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

devlish
11-20-2006, 11:37 AM
i like new L-Body weatherstipping pieces! :-)

eddycooper
11-24-2006, 10:02 PM
I hope they make them a little tougher than the stock ones too. I can't believe how poor the quality of the door seals is on my GLH. I've tried getting some from a JY before and they rip very easily. Nothing like the solid rubber-like ones that were on my BMW...

devlish
11-25-2006, 12:33 AM
well, the whole point of the Omni was to build the cheapest car possible...:D it's a wonder how they even held up a few years!

blackart
12-05-2006, 08:45 PM
well it will probably be mid summer b4 we can get a defite yes or no

jimster
12-06-2006, 05:06 PM
cool. lets hope and pray they are a go!!

WVRampage
12-06-2006, 09:11 PM
I realy hope it works out so that we will have these parts in the future,Its so sad to see a wonderful looking L-body and get close to find the weather strip about the window is all torn up.

blackart
12-06-2006, 10:17 PM
yes it is or to try to take a trashed one back to its former glory and know you will have to stare at that spot for years to come