PDA

View Full Version : Giving the wood to a goat

Joe_Van_Duno
12-20-2015, 09:16 PM
So I was cursing with my woody out yesterday (87 Lebaron Town and Country woody wagon, ugly as all hell) and I noticed a bright yellow Pontiac GTO coming up on me. I've been itching for some competition to see how the old girl actually does compared to something other than a Naturally aspirated Talon, and this GTO might do the trick. So the guy passes without even noticing the wagon. I drop behind him and we are just cruising at about 70-75. He opens it up a little to get in front of some cars and merge onto a different expressway, which I was planning on getting on also, so I just stayed with him and followed onto the clover leaf. Once we get through the off ramp he darts over to the left lane and hits it. I follow and am quickly back on his bumper, this time pushing 95mph. But we ran into some traffic, so it was time to slow down to around 80. The car in front of him moves over, and the road is wide open in front of him, he starts pulling away from me and I know it's on like Donkey Kong!!! I mash the pedal and the old woody starts to do it's thing and is reeling the GTO in fast enough that I make a lane change and start passing him, at 115 MPH!!!! He had to be going between 105 and 110 himself, and I just went by him like it was nothing, and the wagon just wanted to keep pulling. I backed out of it and so did he, but as he slowly passed his girlfriend wouldn't even turn to look, she just kept her head down. We got off on the same exit and the driver was just looking with his mouth dropped. How could his bright yellow, very clean, GTO just get walked by a station wagon???? Because it's a turbo dodge, thats what we do!!!

wheming
12-20-2015, 11:13 PM
Nice!
(Not that i encourage street racing... ;) )

MILKCARTON
12-21-2015, 10:49 AM
Nice kill, I have worked over so many of those over the years, those cars just don't work for some reason

Vigo
12-21-2015, 11:32 AM
Nice!

moparman76_69
01-09-2016, 07:23 PM
cursing with your woody out? Sounds like indecent exposure to me.

johnl
01-11-2016, 06:42 PM
Enjoyed that. Thanks